LibreELEC (Omega) 12 Beta2

• I've been having connection (wifi & bluetooth) issues on a RPi5 with beta 1 and they are still present in beta 2.

Sometimes the rpi takes a long time to boot and when it finally boots I see a "not connected to internet" message from the trakt addon. After a while there is a "connection established" message from the iptv simple addon. When the rpi boots without any delays everything if fine with the wifi connection.

Also, I use a DualShock 4 controller connected via bluetooth. When connecting the controller after a reboot everything connects fine. If I disconnect the controller and then try to reconnect, it does not work and I have to reboot the system to make it connect again. The controller worked without issues on LE 11.

Any advice on how to debug these issues or should I open issues on github?

• Generic on LibreELEC 12 Beta2, VPN in OPENVPN Manager fails and failed on Beta1 as well. I can get a full list of providers, but no matter what I do, it will never finish establishing a connection. Going to try and pull the log. At first glance, it's failing due to not trusting old method. Rolling back to recent stable release, and all works fine. I even went and got fresh certs from my VPN provider.

• Generic on LibreELEC 12 Beta2, VPN in OPENVPN Manager fails

You need to share log files in a separate thread. It's mostly likely an issue with the manager add-on and not the core OS, in which case it will need to be addressed by the add-on creator not LE team.

• - is support DRM decoder and working for Generic build ?

- Support HLG DVB... ?

It supports libwidevine DRM (software decoded, not hardware) .. Generic is the same as all other LE images. Kodi supports HLG so as long as the hardware (and drivers) and TV support HDR it should work.

• Regarding my bluetooth issue with a DualShock controller, it has been reported in bluez issue tracker here. LE 12 has the same version (5.73) as the one reported having this problem. Latest bluez version is 7.75 but it is not clear to me if the fix is included. There is a workaround mentioned here, but I'm not sure how to apply it on LE. Maybe the best solution is to downgrade bluez.

• Regarding my bluetooth issue with a DualShock controller, it has been reported in bluez issue tracker here. LE 12 has the same version (5.73) as the one reported having this problem. Latest bluez version is 7.75 but it is not clear to me if the fix is included. There is a workaround mentioned here, but I'm not sure how to apply it on LE. Maybe the best solution is to downgrade bluez.

See https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/8820 - I’m building an image for you to test.

• thanks for letting us test the new LE.

I wanted to jump in the beta train and it looked promising at first. But there is a problem concerning my IPTV streams, like with all new major LE releases in the past ;)

I ffmpeg pipe my TV Provider streams through TV Headend and watch them with the TV Headend Plugin in LE. TVHeadend Server is running on the same machine and is using the provided ffmpeg binary from the plugin.

It seems that ffmpeg in LE12 (6.0.1) has problems with the TV provider streams. The streams stutter and are extremely choppy. Under LE11 with the older ffmpeg everything is fine.

Playback via a TVHeadend Client on my smartphone results in choppy/stutter playback too, so it must be the ffmpeg pipe within TVHeadend Server on LE12. DVB-T2 Streams from the same TV Headend Server play fine, both in Kodi and on the Smartphone with the TVH-Client (DVB Streams aren't touched by ffmpeg in any way)

Would you mind adding a ffmpeg plugin with the 4.4.x ffmpeg version as a alternative?

Edited 8 times, last by ApexDE (April 19, 2024 at 1:38 PM).

• You need to share log files in a separate thread. It's mostly likely an issue with the manager add-on and not the core OS, in which case it will need to be addressed by the add-on creator not LE team.

I'm having the same issue. VPN manger was working for me just last night and I got the notification about available updates and updated to 11.95.2. Once I did, everything works ok except for VPN manager...it always fails to connect. Tried uninstalling and re-installing and same issue, even after reboots. Where should I upload log file?