LibreELEC (Omega) 12 Beta1

• Downloaded the beta on a RPi4 and it's working fine, I had to jiggle with confluence skin to get it to work again but that was trivial.

Now I just need to find out how to get rid of the new play icons ► that have popped up next to items in my TV folder.

Many thanks for everyone's work on this, much appreciated.

• I installed on a new RPi5, and generally working well. A lot faster than my previous RPi3B !

A few points:

• It would be nice to point out where the regional settings are for time and temperature units etc. in install notes. It is not obvious that this is in 'interface' rather than 'system'.
    • I had a segfault crash going into a menu to scan bluetooth devices. Crashlog:
      External Content pastebin.com
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • Just tried both "Generic" versions (standard and legacy) on my little AMD Athlon 5350 (Kabini on AM1 plattform) and had to downgrade pretty much instantly.

The standard one I get into Kodi just fine but the Splashscreen has the green line thing going on again AND Kodi (not libreelec) restarts as soon as I try to get into any other screen that the main screen.

The legacy is even worse, I don't even get into Kodi at all. Usually it's like this: "LibreELEC splashscreen -> black screen with mouse cursor -> Kodi splashscreen -> main screen" but with this version it's stuck indefinitely on the "black screen with mouse cursor" part.

Maybe there's an issue with the legacy archive/build or I don't know.

Sadly I'm not able to provide any logs. SMB access worked on both versions but the youngest log in the archive was from 3 days ago.

• UrushibaraRuka You can boot from a USB device with "ssh" added to boot params in syslinux.cfg in the USB root folder. This will force SSH to start so you can login over the network and run "pastekodi" or "journalctl | paste" to share logs from the system. On older AMD systems GPU drivers were always a bit of a lottery and some cards can use both "radeon" and "amdgpu" and we might need to manually force one over the other, so we need log to understand what state the graphics stack is in.

• Seems the new beta is doing so things a little too fast. I tried ne new Install on a box and after the 6. or 7. addon install I got kicked aut from addons.libreelec.tv. My IP is still blocked and I have to use VPN zu access the addons ;)

• Problem was more: "Dont tell other people in the same network about the beta." At least 3 guy where hammering the repro with many reinstalls this evening from our network ;)

Replaced one AMD G System with an Intel n100 Box. Took 3 installs to get not stuck but now the 12.1 is runnig very good. THX

• Raspi 4 user here. I just tried the latest Omega Beta and all I can say is WOW!

No more tweaking around by overclocking the Raspi 4 CPU for VC1@1080p content!

I know that it's logical but I'm still very impressed about the performance change for the same CPU by just changing the OS architecture from 32bit to 64bit. Especially when you really can see & feel the huge difference live and directly.

Thanks LE devs for all your hard work!

• Tried this beta during the weekend. I did not make extensive tests, but identified a major problem for me.

I updated from 11.0.6, the update was quick, but the initial splash screen looked weird and grainy. Small bright dots scattered across the screen in random places. The image looked very pale. When reaching the profile selection screen all was back to normal and I just shrugged it of as a wierd beta thing. It was late and I was about to go to bed but I tried to start 2–3 different movies and all was good. I left Kodi at profile selection screen as I usually do.

When I returned the next day, about 12h later the profile screen had even more grains than the splash had the day before, and it was present everywhere in the UI and movie playback, except at the boot splash, before the Kodi splash screen. I noticed that the HW was quite hot. I cursed a bit since I first thought the update broke my unit. I quickly rolled back to 11.0.6, but then the problem was gone and it was back to normal temperature after a while.

Any thoughts what this could be? Is it known? What can I provide in order to help identify this bug?

Im on a N100 fanless. Unfortunately I dont have all the HW details.

KUBB Mini 8x8cm Fanless Mini PC
    The World's Smallest Fanless Computer Based on Intel® N100 | Check out 'KUBB Mini 8x8cm Fanless Mini PC' on Indiegogo.
    www.indiegogo.com
  • I've just updatet do the lastest Beta.

At reboot it just told me that "Inputstream Adaptive" is incompatible with this version of Kodi and it was disabled.

And now I keep struggling with getting it updated somehow. So far no change to get Inputstream Adaptive working again.

I'm on an Raspberry Pi 4.

• Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.*
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/inputstream.*
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/cdm

M-Reimer Those commands ^ should remove all traces of inputstream and related widevine files. You should be able to reinstall inputstream add-ons from the LE repo and then let the widevine files be downloaded/unpacked again.

• Correction: This was a clear "beginners mistake". But I somewhat expected this to "auto fix" after some reboots :D

I actually had to force a check for addon updates which then offered a new version of "Inputstream Adaptive". Now everything seems to work just well. Thanks for the new beta release.

• Here's a quick update on the "xz" issues that are being widely reported at the moment (CVE-2024-3094).

- LE12-beta1 and LE12 nightly images since January 27 2024 contain problem xz versions (5.6.0 and 5.6.1)

- We have already reverted to an older non-problem version (5.4.6) in our master branch

- We are investigating complete removal of xz binaries (reverting to xz from busybox)

- We have tested the LE12-beta1 release using exploit signatures. These show WE ARE NOT VULNERABLE.

Staff are working on a beta2 release and this will ship soon, but as we are not vulnerable we are not going to rush the release. If the situation changes due to new information we will (re)evaluate our response and adapt as necessary.

Please go back to enjoying your weekend :)

• Kodi 21 Omega Stable works great on Windows and Shield Pro, now just waiting on LE to catch up.

My J5040 is updated now to latest nightly which seems to be Stable Kodi 21.

Edited once, last by MatteN (April 6, 2024 at 4:58 PM).