Posts by Ven1m

Tried this beta during the weekend. I did not make extensive tests, but identified a major problem for me.

I updated from 11.0.6, the update was quick, but the initial splash screen looked weird and grainy. Small bright dots scattered across the screen in random places. The image looked very pale. When reaching the profile selection screen all was back to normal and I just shrugged it of as a wierd beta thing. It was late and I was about to go to bed but I tried to start 2–3 different movies and all was good. I left Kodi at profile selection screen as I usually do.

When I returned the next day, about 12h later the profile screen had even more grains than the splash had the day before, and it was present everywhere in the UI and movie playback, except at the boot splash, before the Kodi splash screen. I noticed that the HW was quite hot. I cursed a bit since I first thought the update broke my unit. I quickly rolled back to 11.0.6, but then the problem was gone and it was back to normal temperature after a while.

Any thoughts what this could be? Is it known? What can I provide in order to help identify this bug?

Im on a N100 fanless. Unfortunately I dont have all the HW details.

KUBB Mini 8x8cm Fanless Mini PC
    The World's Smallest Fanless Computer Based on Intel® N100 | Check out 'KUBB Mini 8x8cm Fanless Mini PC' on Indiegogo.
    www.indiegogo.com

Hi,

I recently switched to 4k HDR playback with my RPi4. After some initial issues with choppy playback everything works nicely except for two things.

After coming back with the TV of I have trouble with CEC not being active. I have to press an old IR remote in order to wake Kodi up. After that I can use the TV remote. When looking at the source (AVR, NAD) on the TV when this issue occur, there is no Anynet+ menu until I wake Kodi in some other way.

Are there any recommendations on how to configure the CEC plugin in Kodi to match my Samsung (S95B) for better compatibility?

Another issue which is even more annoying, but not as frequent is that when coming back all HDR 4k content has crazy colors, a lot of green and pink, SD/HD content are fine. Rebooting TV, AVR or Kodi separately wont solve the problem, instead I have to shut everything down and then start it up again to get the proper colors back.

Is this known and do you have any suggestions how to solve this issue?

I got a new TV this week. Finally took the step from plasma to OLED to get 4k.

I got a RPi 4, 4Gb running at 1.5 GHz in a Flirc case. The network is wired and deliver way over RPi capacity when mesured with my computer. I use LE 11.0.1 and I have modified my config.txt according to the instructions with force_turbo=1 and hdmi_enable_4kp60=1.

I feel like the playback on some H265 in 4k feels choppy, for example in one movie a car chase scene was quite bad. H264 in 4k is unwatchable.

First of I cant find a way to get an on screen detailed information about the playback (buffer, skipped frames and so on). I remember to be able to do so with Kodi in the past.

Second I thought RPi 4 was the way to go according this forum.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve my experience, or is the RPi 4 just underpowered?