Posts by ian_j

I'm running the latest nightly build on my RPi4 without major issue.

One thing that is bugging me though is the appearance of the play icon ►next to every folder with a viewed item in it.

I've searched the settings but can't find any way to disable it, is there any way to remove it?

Hi ian,

i am using the Rii x8 since a long time on 2 PI`s.

Comes with USB Dongle and with a changeable Accu

Recharging can be done with a Micro-USB cable and a full battery lasts for many weeks

I really like it !

You can buy it e.G. on Amazon and it is pretty cheap.
    You can also get it with different Keyboard layouts:

I purchased one of these and my wife is very happy with it apart from the scroll wheel which is not working in kodi on the Pi.

Is there anywhere in the OS that I need to enable it?

Downloaded the beta on a RPi4 and it's working fine, I had to jiggle with confluence skin to get it to work again but that was trivial.

Now I just need to find out how to get rid of the new play icons ► that have popped up next to items in my TV folder.

Many thanks for everyone's work on this, much appreciated.

I've been using an OSMC remote on a Raspberry Pi 4 for the last 4 years without issue.

Since the recent stable update though it occasionally stops working while something is playing and I have to reboot the Pi via SSH to get it working again.

I've updated to the the latest nightly build LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20240125-16216c3.img.gz but thats made no difference.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have LibreELEC up and running on the SSD and all of my settings from the original install are transferred.

Now I have space I can start adding some games.

Before I do though should I worry about any settings I need for the SSD, Trim etc?

I don't have access to a 2nd laptop to put Linux on but I do have a 2nd card reader, tried that and still no joy.

The only Linux based computer I have is a pocket PC, I put Gparted on that and tried a few things but still no joy.

Unless anything else can be suggested I'll call it quits and order a couple more cards.

As before what size / speed / brand would people recommend for LibreELEC and a some emulation stuff?

Thank you for the info.

I tried that image in Raspberry Pi Imager, LibreELEC USB-SD Creator and BalenaEtcher.

None could format either SD card, I think they are both duff.

I've also tried Diskpart & putting them in my camera which has worked on multi partition SD cards before.

I'll order a couple more SD cards, what size /brand would you recommend for LibreELEC & games?

This is getting frustrating, I cannot get either of my SD cards to format.

I've checked and each SD has had a version of LibreELEC on it with a 512mb partition and a 29.51GB partition.

I've tried:

Raspberry Pi Imager 1.7.5

BalenaEtcher Portable 1.18.11

None could write the LibreELEC image.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 Cannot format either card.

If you're primarily going to use LE, perhaps make a little effort to understand Games in Kodi.

See https://kodi.wiki/view/Games

I will, thank you for the link.

Before I start adding items though I need to put LibreELEC on a larger SD card and here is my next issue.

I've 2x 32GB SD cards that I can use so that I leave my original SD 16GB alone in case of user error.

I've tried writing a new LibreELEC image to them but both fail. Each in the past has had something for the Pi on them so have 2 partitions.

I've tried SD formatter & balanaEtcher but no joy writing to the SD cards.

Any help appreciated.