No audio on a mini PC

• Installed the top image. The pastekodi output is:

http://ix.io/4GVk

Still no audio through dp to hdmi 🙃

Thank you

Based on the first github link you linked in the previous reply, that's what I tried adding in, but couldn't modify the files in modprobe.d.

Edited once, last by boostedvtak: Merged a post created by boostedvtak into this post. (September 20, 2023 at 9:02 PM).

• Code
    2023-09-20 20:41:28.740 T:1174    error <general>: [display-info] Error parsing EDID:
    2023-09-20 20:41:28.740 T:1174    error <general>: [display-info] ----------------------------------------------
    2023-09-20 20:41:28.740 T:1174    error <general>: [display-info] Block 1, CTA-861 Extension Block:
    2023-09-20 20:41:28.740 T:1174    error <general>: [display-info]   Colorimetry Data Block: Reserved bits MD0-MD3 must be 0.
    2023-09-20 20:41:28.740 T:1174    error <general>: [display-info] 
    2023-09-20 20:41:28.740 T:1174    error <general>: [display-info] ----------------------------------------------

I've tried the EDID config

So you've created your own EDID file like this, right?

• To be honest, I completely forgot to re-do it once I flashed the custom image on.

Just re-created it again, yes using the link you just sent over. Following the guide for Intel.

Just added that in, and rebooted. The new pastekodi is:

http://ix.io/4GVU

That area as far as I can tell looks the same still...

• Apologies for the delay.

I've got rid of the edid config,

Flashed the update.tar file you sent over, it seemed to do it when it booted.

Unfortunately still the same...

http://ix.io/4Hqq

Worst case, if we cannot get LibreElec to work, not the end of the world, I'll just Ubuntu+Kodi it haha!

Thank you

• So, last night, to test with, I installed Ubuntu on it just to see if it's a driver issue before I gave up. Funny enough same issue. I installed alsa-tools, and alsa-tools-gui, from a post I found somewhere, selected "unconnected pins" and have overridden them with Displayport/HDMI, and it worked.

Worst case, if we cannot get LibreElec to work, not the end of the world, I'll just Ubuntu+Kodi it haha!

Can you share that Ubuntu link? I have no clue what "unconnected pins" means here.

• Can you share that Ubuntu link? I have no clue what "unconnected pins" means here.

No sound from HDMI audio on NUC board · Issue #2396 · clearlinux/distribution
    I just installed Clear Linux on a new Gen 10 Intel Nuc. However I am unable to produce sound from the HDMI port. According to the System > Sound GUI, sound is…
    github.com

That's where I got it from. I think the "unconnected pins" is just the way it words it.

Thanks

• It should be possible to copy the boot files of hdajackretask from Ubuntu to LE.

Firmware directory is /storage/.config/firmware/ and modprobe directory /storage/.config/modprobe.d/

• I'll have to grep them to find out it's location, should be doable. Only issue I can think of is last time I tried to modify something in modprobe.d, it wouldn't let me due to being read only. Tried remounting as well, rhough I can't remember for sure whether it was in .config or in .flash.

Will give it a go this week end when I have some time.

Thanks

• Okay, so...
    Installed ubuntu on a separate drive, did the whole:

Code
    sudo -i
    apt-get install alsa-tools alsa-tools-gui -y
    hdajackretask

showed unconnected pins, checked all of them and chose HDMI/DisplayPort

WinSCP'd onto the PC while running ubuntu, copied out:
    /usr/bin/hdajackretask

/usr/bin/hdahacksensetest - for the lols

Changed the drive back to the one with Libreelec, copied both of those files into

/storage/.config/modprobe.d

/storage/.config/firmware

Rebooted.

Still the same. I think I may have misunderstood what you've asked me to try out.

Whilst still in Ubuntu, went into alsamixer, to see what was available with the sound working, not sure if the below means anything, but these are what are in /proc/asound on ubuntu:

Back on Libreelec, this is what is in most of the files there, no modules...:

If I try to edit /proc/asound/devices, seems it's read only.:

Edited 2 times, last by boostedvtak (October 1, 2023 at 11:30 PM).

• From the discussion on github hdajackretask is able to create two boot files in /lib/firmware and /etc/modproble.d. These can be copied to LE.

The binaries are of no use.

• Hi,

Okay, so from Ubuntu, with the hda jack retask enabled, I've copied out the hda files in /lib/firmware and /etc/modprobe.d

Copied them over to the /storage/.config/firmware and /storage/.config/modprobe.d respectively.

Now the HDMI's show up as audio devices! You sir/madam, are a LEGEND!

Thank you very much! I was very close to calling it quits haha, and just get Kodi to run on boot on Ubuntu!