Posts by boostedvtak

Hi,

Okay, so from Ubuntu, with the hda jack retask enabled, I've copied out the hda files in /lib/firmware and /etc/modprobe.d

Copied them over to the /storage/.config/firmware and /storage/.config/modprobe.d respectively.

Now the HDMI's show up as audio devices! You sir/madam, are a LEGEND!

Thank you very much! I was very close to calling it quits haha, and just get Kodi to run on boot on Ubuntu!

Okay, so...
    Installed ubuntu on a separate drive, did the whole:

Code
    sudo -i
    apt-get install alsa-tools alsa-tools-gui -y
    hdajackretask

showed unconnected pins, checked all of them and chose HDMI/DisplayPort

WinSCP'd onto the PC while running ubuntu, copied out:
    /usr/bin/hdajackretask

/usr/bin/hdahacksensetest - for the lols

Changed the drive back to the one with Libreelec, copied both of those files into

/storage/.config/modprobe.d

/storage/.config/firmware

Rebooted.

Still the same. I think I may have misunderstood what you've asked me to try out.

Whilst still in Ubuntu, went into alsamixer, to see what was available with the sound working, not sure if the below means anything, but these are what are in /proc/asound on ubuntu:

Back on Libreelec, this is what is in most of the files there, no modules...:

If I try to edit /proc/asound/devices, seems it's read only.:

I'll have to grep them to find out it's location, should be doable. Only issue I can think of is last time I tried to modify something in modprobe.d, it wouldn't let me due to being read only. Tried remounting as well, rhough I can't remember for sure whether it was in .config or in .flash.

Will give it a go this week end when I have some time.

Thanks

Can you share that Ubuntu link? I have no clue what "unconnected pins" means here.

No sound from HDMI audio on NUC board · Issue #2396 · clearlinux/distribution
    I just installed Clear Linux on a new Gen 10 Intel Nuc. However I am unable to produce sound from the HDMI port. According to the System > Sound GUI, sound is…
    github.com

That's where I got it from. I think the "unconnected pins" is just the way it words it.

Thanks

So the one i've got, the "configurable IO" port has a VGA on it.

I did think about whether maybe only one of the ports did audio, so I've tried both of them out while troubleshooting on LE.

When I got it working on Ubuntu after the Alsa-utils thing, I tested the port closest to the edge (my thinking is this would be port 0/1). I re-flashed clean kodi before remembering to try the 2nd port as well, to get the debug logs.

Hi Chewitt,

Thanks for your response, apologies for the delay just got back from work.

So, last night, to test with, I installed Ubuntu on it just to see if it's a driver issue before I gave up. Funny enough same issue. I installed alsa-tools, and alsa-tools-gui, from a post I found somewhere, selected "unconnected pins" and have overridden them with Displayport/HDMI, and it worked.

From my understanding, LibreElec is now a "Standalone" Linux build, with no apt/snap/dpkg even? So even if there were sources I could add on, for those tools, the likelyhood of them working is low? --- please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I've got a vanilla image flashed on, and the output of "pastekodi" is:

http://ix.io/4Gt9

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again!

Hello,

New to the forums, hello again!

Right, so I've got a HP Prodesk 400 G4,

Intel i3 8100

UHD 630

I have a really weird issue, where the audio will come out of the inbuilt speaker, but will not route through to my TV.

I'm having to use a DP to HDMI adapter, which does route audio through on my main PC, just not with Libreelec for some reason.

I've done some digging, but cannot figure out how to get it to route the audio through, I've tried the EDID config, tried a patch I found on here, with regards to adding a FW fix and a conf file into modprobe.d however, I cannot write the new file to modprobe as it is write only. Tried the usual remount -o rw thing, but that did not work......

I've tried the latest nightly build I believe by Millhouse but no cigar...

When I go to Audio settings, I get:
    ALSA Audio

Default: ALSA Audio

ALSO: Pulse Bluetooth audio...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what other information is required.

Thank you :)