usb hdds not mounting after restart

• Hi heitbaum - thank you for clarifications. I didn't mean to point particularly to LE developers, it's the whole package. I'm sure you as developers are doing your best.

At this moment I'm not able to log the issue because I moved the external HDD from the Pi no my Synology NAS as I experienced this issue a few times with mi Pi.

• Hello,

I use Pi 4 8GB Libreelec 10.0.04 with 2 USB drive NTFS and not problem the system see the 2 HD

I change the SD mem with librelec to 11.0.3 and i do not see any more the 2 hd

I put back the SD mem 10.0.04 and i see the 2 hd

Now I use an other HD formated in exFAT and Libreelec 11.0.3 see it and I can use it.

The only format type (in my knowledge) which works in Win and Linux are FAT FAT32 exFAT NTFS ReFS

It means that Libreelec 11.0.3 is bugged for HD formatted in NTFS.

I will test HD formatted in ReFS and keep you informed. The chkdsk do not any différence because the HD is still formated NTFS

• After one day without problem, next day libreelect 11.0.3 do not see any more the ntfs hdd.

Put the hdd under win 10 and i get error on access. Used Easus to repair the hdd partition, win10 see it ok

Put back on libreelec 10.0.04 and the system see the ntfs hdd . I keep librelect 10.0.04 and do not move to 11.x.x anymore.

• I'm experiencing the same: after a few month of usage my NTFS USB drive stopped to be mounted (RPi, LibreELEC 11.0.3)

dmesg shows no problem. Attaching it to a Windows machine problem is reported, having fixed them and reattaching to the RPi mounting works again. I suspect the appearence of this problem may be connected with accessing the drive via samba.

The same drive was formerly formatted to exFAT to ensure compatibility with the Windows world, but it showed the same problem. The disk become so corrupted that a lot of data have been lost (fortunately nothing irreplacable). That's why I'm trying now NTFS that may handle recovery a bit better.
    If it is somehow really connected with samba, then perhaps not even using ext4 could help?
    I did think about using ext4, but interoperability is hard in a Win/Mac environment.

• after upgrading my mediacenter to raspi4 and librelec 11.00 i run into the same problem.
    Every time after an unconditional stop (software or (hardware issues like power down))
    i must connect my ntfs drive to windows to run chkdsk. There are no files lost or corrupted.
    After reinstalling libreelec mounts the hd without problems.

With raspi3 and old liberelec i never seen such problems for years.

It seems to me that LibreELEC 11 breaks the use of ntfs.

Is exFAT more reliable or is ext4 the only way to get a stable mediasystem again ?

• Is exFAT more reliable or is ext4 the only way to get a stable mediasystem again ?

exFAT is not more reliable, i moved almost all of HDD to exFAT and its not better at all.

Probably going back to NTFS, it will take a week or two, its several hundred TB.