HDR on x86 Hardware

• current LE11 nightlies include now everything that is required to have HDR at LE, no more special builds are required

Does this also ring true for Kodi master running on general purpose OSes? Or is it due to recent changes in LE?

• On "normal" render HDR metadata won't sent to my screen. so... and prime decoder won't work for me on the nightly.

that prime is not working is intended, prime has to be removed in future

at the normal renderer it has to work like it worked before, if not pls send some logs

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Does this also ring true for Kodi master running on general purpose OSes?

sorry, no idea

• My Intel NUC Kit NUC7i3BNK won't play HDR with the nightlies (whereas SMPs builds do) ... do I need the generic or legacy?

Don’t use DRPrime on the nightly builds (I think is the solution). I have it off on my NUC8i3 NUCs and both produce HDR on my two TVs (one Sony, one LG). Nightly from about a week ago on both.

• I'm using the a NUC 11 (Essential Kit NUC11ATKC2) on LE 11 official nightly 20221120 and everything runs pretty well.

The only real issue at the moment is with broken 4K 10bit HDR 50 frames (vaapi decoder) support.

These files/streams are not playing at the moment (only audio plays after some seconds).

I've no issue with other 4K 10bit HDR files/streams as long as they don't have 50 frames.

Prime decoder is disabled all the time.

• I'm using the a NUC 11 (Essential Kit NUC11ATKC2) on LE 11 official nightly 20221120 and everything runs pretty well.

The only real issue at the moment is with broken 4K 10bit HDR 50 frames (vaapi decoder) support.

These files/streams are not playing at the moment (only audio plays after some seconds).

I've no issue with other 4K 10bit HDR files/streams as long as they don't have 50 frames.

I don’t think HDR10+ files are working either.

• So I'm trying the latest nightly on x86 using Generic (Celeron n4020, Gemini Lake which has 10-bit HEVC decode block), but seems like HDR -> SDR tone mapping isn't going to be available/support in near-term for Kodi v20 or LibreElec on the device before sending to the TV, is that correct?

Im thinking about swapping to NUC11 Essential from my R Pi 4 due to the amount of issues with RPi builds and skins breaking.

Will that 50 frames bug be fixed or is it a known limitation?

• anyone else having strange problems with mariadb and tmdb add-ins?

i used "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20211020222733-d3745e7.img" for over 1 year without any problems, but suddenly (absolutely no change in my installation/setup/network) a few days ago the tmdb series scraper fails with an error on execution. When changing to official 10.0.3, tmdb scraper is working.

so i tried the latest "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20220807005106-45816fd.img" build, but after setup, mariadb fails to start.
    when changing to official 10.0.3 or back to the older "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20211020222733-d3745e7.img" build everything is fine and mariadb is working.

so i tried a clean "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20220807005106-45816fd.img" install but then the mariadb-addin could not be installed - it wasnt listed in the repos.
    what am i missing?