Posts by Drizzt321

So I'm trying the latest nightly on x86 using Generic (Celeron n4020, Gemini Lake which has 10-bit HEVC decode block), but seems like HDR -> SDR tone mapping isn't going to be available/support in near-term for Kodi v20 or LibreElec on the device before sending to the TV, is that correct?

So I installed the Snapclient from the LibreElec Add-On repository, was excited that an official Add-On was there! However, it doesn't work. Audio doesn't play, and the service appears to keep bouncing on/off/on/off.

Logging in via SSH, I find this error from the current STDOUT for the Snapclient bin.

Code
    Controller::onException: Can't open hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 PCM device: Device or resource busy

I selected the HDMI output (my receiver is hooked up to Kodi that way, wanted to play audio through it), which is what Kodi is set to use. How do I get Kodi/LibreElec to play nice and output audio? Should I go and install PulseAudio add-on or what not?

I'm Linux savvy, but unfamiliar with the specifics of how LibreElec/Kodi runs things under the hood, only ever used it as a media player/front end.