Updated to 10.0.1 and the TV stuff isn't working anymore

• Far too long a story and far too much swearing but I finally got 10.0.1 installed.
    And immediately the TV function stopped working. I've got TVheadend installed as the front & back ends, they worked perfectly before on 9.2.6.
    I've also tried MythTV and NextPVR for front ends but both refuse to work as well. The only thing that happens is a message up the top-right of the screen

"PVR manager is starting up 0%" and a circle that spins around and that's it.
    It's a generic PC-based box.

Any suggestions please?

• I tried doing what is written at - https://wiki.libreelec.tv/support/log-files
    But there is simply no 'paste system logs' to be seen anywhere.

So the attached photo is as much information as I can get sorry.

I rebooted it, got this updated log page.
    Again, nothing on the Wiki page works. I used to be able to SSH into the box, now that doesn't work either.

• I've got TVheadend installed as the front & back ends

please just install Tvheadend 4.2 or 4.3 and not both and please just use the pvr.hts client (vor Tvh) and not additional mythtv and nextpvr

Code
    ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.hts: unable to connect to 127.0.0.0:9982

basically your tvheadend server is not running, likely because you have both installed

• I disagree with the statement to simply ignore NextPVR since it is can easily be installed via a zip package that CvH started for us but unfortunately abandoned, as it is working quite well in my testing on LE and CE platforms. Alternately you can install using Docker but configuring /dev/dvb devices in Docker takes a bit more expertise and potentially more resources although on an x64 device I doubt that would be a concern.

Martin

• please just install Tvheadend 4.2 or 4.3 and not both and please just use the pvr.hts client (vor Tvh) and not additional mythtv and nextpvr

Code
    ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.hts: unable to connect to 127.0.0.0:9982

basically your tvheadend server is not running, likely because you have both installed

It worked like that before the update.

Remove the supremebuilds crap from your Kodi setup, otherwise support stops and this thread will be closed before darkness falls.

Video piracy has no place on this forum.

A friend suggested that I install it 'cause it was awesome, etc. So I downloaded it, but then looked at what it really was an did and it's of no interested to me, so it was downloaded but not installed. And it's gone now anyway.

I disagree with the statement to simply ignore NextPVR since it is can easily be installed via a zip package that CvH started for us but unfortunately abandoned, as it is working quite well in my testing on LE and CE platforms. Alternately you can install using Docker but configuring /dev/dvb devices in Docker takes a bit more expertise and potentially more resources although on an x64 device I doubt that would be a concern.

Martin

Why can't I use what was working perfectly before though?

• Why can't I use what was working perfectly before though?

Fair point, just saying there is no reason to discount it as not working just because there are many TVHeadend LE users and it is just as easy to install (some users say easier). I'd be glad to help you get it to work.

• Okay uninstalled all that, rebooted, then installed TVHeadend service, then TVHeadend PVR and it's looking promising as there's the TV guide & other icons at the top of the screen. Nothing more than that, so I'll hit the wiki to figure out how to get the backend thingy to get channels.
    Still not solved yet, but closer.

And then on to getting Youtube to work ...

• Got it working properly now - The problem was that I was selecting my local city location and it just wasn't loading any channels or muxes or whatever it's called. I picked Australia in general and all the channels are there now.
    And yes, CvH it has TVHeadend as the back & front ends and it's working just fine.

Now to figure out the Youtube thingy ....

Please mark this thread as resolved.

• And it's not resolved, again.

I foolishly tried to perform the difficult task of watching the TV and it's not working again. I changed absolutely nothing.
    Here's the log - https://paste.kodi.tv/bufusefami

Any suggestions please.

Log has

Code
    2022-01-16 12:14:13.414 T:974      INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.hts: starting PVR client
    2022-01-16 12:14:13.419 T:995     ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.hts: Command authenticate failed: Access denied

You need to enter your credentials in the TVHeadend kodi plugin for the client to connect to the server (even if they are running on the same machine.