LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.1

• I, too, do not see an offer of an update to 10.0.1

I assume this is because I am using a Matrix nightly-20210809-beaa0c7, on a Raspberry Pi 3B of some sort, for which there is, as yet, no version 10?

Code
    There are no Raspberry Pi 0-3 releases for LE10.0

It's actually working OK for my purposes (mostly local music, and Crackle & Shout TV video addons), so I will continue to practise gratitude and patience.

• On RPi4 with an amplifier that manages the sound connected in hdmi, from the remote control it is no longer possible to control the amplifier, but the volume of Libreelec is lowered. Returning to version 10.0.0 everything starts working again. The rest ok. Thank

Edited once, last by reluca (November 5, 2021 at 11:49 AM).

• On a RPi4, using 1080p hdmi out, the brightness is double what it was under 10.0.0, for both the UI and videos. This causes everything to look washed out.

Note: hdmi0 for video, hdmi1 for audio.

Thanks for the report, I could reproduce this here. It only happens when both HDMI ports are connected, with only one HDMI port connected the picture is fine. It's a bug in the RPi linux kernel, I've created an issue here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/4676

so long,

Hias

• I tried upgrading a Pi 4 to 10.0.1 several times. To be sure I removed the EDID override with the getedit command before the upgrade. Version 10.0.1 keeps outputting a black screen right after the 'rainbow' boot screen. After I put the 10.0.0 image file in the update folder and reboot/install again the image returns. With 10.0.1 the TV does receive a signal but the screen stays black. I only use the main HDMI port.

I read in another thread that the old Pi 3 adapter doesn't meet Pi 4 specs. Today I received a new Pi 4 adapter but it doesn't make any difference at least for this issue.

For any issues, create a new thread in the appropriate forum section, and place log files onto pastebin or Kodi's pastebin website. Then paste the link thereof into your new thread.

Sorry can't do that. Log files contain my webdav passwords in plain text. I already had to remove links to a pastebin upload in another thread. And since you guys don't accept manually attached logs here I am pretty much stuck in the bug report process.

• I noticed that my theme was reset, and also the colors are a lot more bleached than they used to be. That includes the interface but also when I'm playing a movie. 10.0.0 was OK in that regard.

• When I update from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 on my Raspberry Pi 4 I can't get any sound at all neither on HDMI0 nor HDMI1. When I downgrade to 10.0.0 again it works again.

• You should definitely see more available Audio options even for the same HDMI output. If you are not willing to try another, it'll be hard to discover, what's wrong.

• When did I say that I can't see more options? All I'm saying that the correct setting HDMI0 works with 10.0.0 and non of the options works with 10.0.1, there is a bug in this update...