Raspberry pi 4, LE 10.0.0, no HDMI input after closing and re-opening TV

• I have a brand new Raspberry pi 4 on which I installed LibreELEC 10.0.0. When I close my TV and re-open it, the TV says no input is detected. If I login via ssh to the pi and do systemctl restart kod, it fixes the issue.

I tried setting hdmi_safe=1 in config.txt, it does not fix the issue. config.txt:

• I do have somewhat the same problem.

My Pi4 is plugged in a Yamaha AVR.

If I switch input on the AVR, when I come back to the LibreElec input later, all I get is a black screen, I have to restart the Pi to get signal again.

Pi is still running since I can access it with SSH.

It used to work flawlessly on LE9 (meaning switching inputs on the AVR didn't cause black screen when back on the LE one).

I tried this with no luck :

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid

(but I suppose it is relevant only for reboots)

• I have a brand new Raspberry pi 4 on which I installed LibreELEC 10.0.0. When I close my TV and re-open it, the TV says no input is detected. If I login via ssh to the pi and do systemctl restart kod, it fixes the issue.

This is a known issue if you run at 4kp50/60 and it's even mentioned in the release notes LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.0 - LibreELEC

4K50/60 output is supported by the driver, but has some known issues (eg “no signal” when TV is put into standby and back on)

This should be fixed in 10.0.1

so long,

Hias

• GUI resolution limit is not relevant, you'll hit the bug if the display resolution is set to 3840x2160 (or larger) at 50Hz or more.

Please test with this build, this is current LE10 branch (what will become 10.0.1 in the future) plus additional H264 fixes:

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-devel-20210927231029-e218de0.tar (just copy it to the update share and reboot)

so long,

Hias

That's really nice of you to provide us a devel. build.

I was reporting my problem just to see if I was alone in this situation or to have confirmation it was known and will be fixed, what you did btw.

(totally overlooked the fact it was mentioned in the changelog...sorry)

Now that I know this, I'll wait patiently for the official 10.0.1 release, that's not a big problem in fact, I can live with it for the time being.

Thanks again, really appreciated.

• HiassofT , it looks like (as mentioned in the changelog and my tests) this is fixed in 10.0.1 !!

Really happy not to have to reboot my Pi4 everytime I switch back to it on my AVR !

Many thanks to everyone involved ;)