Posts by NeB

NeB the file also plays fine here on RPi4 - both on LE10.0.2 and nightly and both on my HD monitor and 4k TV.

Note that this is a 10bit video so RPi4 may now output it in 10 or 12bit, depending on the capabilities of your TV.

Check your TV's settings, try a different HDMI cable (bandwidth could now be 50% higher than before) and post a debug "pastekodi" log if the issue persists.

so long,

Hias

TV is 10bits compatible, and I have no problem with some other 4k 10bits videos, this one is only 1080p.

HDMI cable is 2.0 4k 60hz certified.

Will try and make a debug log during the week-end.

That file plays totally fine for me on a Pi4 4GB (Tested 10.0.1, 10.0.2 and LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220317-859d6eb). Display is a Philips 55OLED936.

What happens when you guys try to play my sample file? See: LE 10.0.2 on RPi4 not playing files that 10.0.1 had no problems with.

Will give it a try this week-end too, I may even try to remove enable-4k-60 from my config.txt, even if I do not think it is the same problem as you (that file is 1080p)

Hi,

I've updated to 10.0.2 yesterday (on a Pi4 2gb) and since then, I do have a strange behaviour with files that worked previously (10.0.1)

It is a batch of almost 300 files, coming from a TVShow, small files of 5min duration.

They played perfectly under LibreElec 10.0.1

Now with 10.0.2, I get a black screen and no sound with all of them.

TV still gets a signal, but black screen and no sound, I can't even display the OSD.

BUT, I can see the progress bar still running in Yatse remote, and I can even stop the playing...

I've downgraded to 10.0.1, and files are now playing without any problem.

Didn't touch any setting between update/downgrade.

FYI this is one of the files that I have problem with, if anyone want to try and find why they don't work anymore with 10.0.2... :-/ :-/

Kaamelott.S01E004.Le_Chevalier_Mystere.mkv
    Shared with Dropbox
    www.dropbox.com

and the mediainfo part :

GUI resolution limit is not relevant, you'll hit the bug if the display resolution is set to 3840x2160 (or larger) at 50Hz or more.

Please test with this build, this is current LE10 branch (what will become 10.0.1 in the future) plus additional H264 fixes:

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-devel-20210927231029-e218de0.tar (just copy it to the update share and reboot)

so long,

Hias

That's really nice of you to provide us a devel. build.

I was reporting my problem just to see if I was alone in this situation or to have confirmation it was known and will be fixed, what you did btw.

(totally overlooked the fact it was mentioned in the changelog...sorry)

Now that I know this, I'll wait patiently for the official 10.0.1 release, that's not a big problem in fact, I can live with it for the time being.

Thanks again, really appreciated.

I do have somewhat the same problem.

My Pi4 is plugged in a Yamaha AVR.

If I switch input on the AVR, when I come back to the LibreElec input later, all I get is a black screen, I have to restart the Pi to get signal again.

Pi is still running since I can access it with SSH.

It used to work flawlessly on LE9 (meaning switching inputs on the AVR didn't cause black screen when back on the LE one).

I tried this with no luck :

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid

(but I suppose it is relevant only for reboots)

Same problem here. Did you find the cause?

No sorry.

It's very random and I could not find the cause.

I'm used to have debug enabled all the time now, I switch it off to watch content and enable it again after.

I use Yatse as remote so I've made a cusom remote command so I don't have to go to the Kodi menu to enable/disable debug.

I'm guessing your Yamaha and TV are both off during this reboot. Maybe the HDMI handshake isn't completed. I had a similar issue with my Intel NUC, Yamaha AVR and Sony TV. Sometimes I could toggle the Yamaha input (using the knob or the remote), wait a few seconds and change it back. That would bring the LE/Kodi screen image back on.

Thanks for your answer.

I've already tried just to toggle to another source, wait a bit and then go back to LibreElec, but unfortunately with no luck..

And yes both Yamaha and TV are off during the reboot so I suspected the handshake too, but this problem appeared 5 days ago, everything was working fine before with the same setup.

Hi,

I have a little problem with my setup (pi3 plugged in a Yamaha RX-V385, plugged in HD TV) since a moment.

I also have a cron wich makes the Pi reboot every night at 3 AM.

I made this cron because I often found the pi frozen when I needed to use it.

Now, things are even worse...every day I find my LibreElec with a black screen.

TV doesn't say "no signal", and Yatse doesn't say "not connected" so I believe LibreElec is still running...

Pi is not frozen since Ambilight is still working as intended on other sources than Kodi.

I can't figure what is happening and it's puzzling me...

Here are all the logs that were in the "temp" folder (debug is enabled since a long time because it seemed to fix my freeze problem at first).

Dropbox - Logs.zip - Simplify your life

I do not have many addons installed except Cinemavision, TVTunes and Yeemee to control my bulbs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: I had a look at the logs and I'd like to know also why it makes query to the music database every 20 minutes (I have absolutely ZERO music in my setup ^^).

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

I've done all of this as soon as you suggested it, and it has not frozen since...

So i'm starting to believe that the debug display (the white lines with CPU and ram usage) keeps it busy so it doesn't go in sleep mode, and thus does not freeze...

Any other suggestion ?

Hi !!

I'm running LibreElec 9.2 on a Pi 3

It is a fresh install (November 2019).

I only have 2 addons installed , Cinemavision and Hyperion (not really an addon).

The Pi is always on (so I can use Hyperion with every source plugged to my TV).

I frequently need to reboot it because I find it freezed...(sometimes on a black screen, sometimes on the main menu but unresponsive).

Frequently means 1 or 2 times a week.

The Pi is not new, I already had a LibreElec install before this one but there were too many addons on it and I've corrupted the database, so I've decided it was time to start from scratch.

The old install didn't have these Freeze problems...

Does anyone have any idea where these freezes come from ?

Can I provide you with some logs maybe ? (if so, where to find them ? I know how to use SSH).

Many thanks.

Hi guys !!

First, thx for this wonderful addon

I have a question though : I can't scrap anything in EmulationStation, it nevers finds any of my games, and I can't figure where to put gamelist.xml and pictures in the Pi.

FYI I have an old install on a Pi 3 with everything scraped, but paths are different now in the V3 version (and 2.9 too btw).

All my roms are working fine, but I can't for the hell of me scrap anything on a fresh install on a new Pi3 for a friend...

Very frustrating, do you have any clue ?

Thx

NVM, i've found the solution, a previous installation of Gamestarter 3.0 left some config files and it put a mess...

Thx