Frequent freezes - reboot needed

• Hi !!

I'm running LibreElec 9.2 on a Pi 3

It is a fresh install (November 2019).

I only have 2 addons installed , Cinemavision and Hyperion (not really an addon).

The Pi is always on (so I can use Hyperion with every source plugged to my TV).

I frequently need to reboot it because I find it freezed...(sometimes on a black screen, sometimes on the main menu but unresponsive).

Frequently means 1 or 2 times a week.

The Pi is not new, I already had a LibreElec install before this one but there were too many addons on it and I've corrupted the database, so I've decided it was time to start from scratch.

The old install didn't have these Freeze problems...

Does anyone have any idea where these freezes come from ?

Can I provide you with some logs maybe ? (if so, where to find them ? I know how to use SSH).

Many thanks.

• Can I provide you with some logs maybe ? (if so, where to find them ? I know how to use SSH).

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

I've done all of this as soon as you suggested it, and it has not frozen since...

So i'm starting to believe that the debug display (the white lines with CPU and ram usage) keeps it busy so it doesn't go in sleep mode, and thus does not freeze...

Any other suggestion ?

• Not really. Good working devices are hard to troubleshoot.

Disable the screensaver and the debugging, and see what happens.

Screensaver is disabled since install ^^

I'm gonna disable debugging and see if freezes come back.

Many thanks btw.

• Same problem here. Did you find the cause?

No sorry.

It's very random and I could not find the cause.

I'm used to have debug enabled all the time now, I switch it off to watch content and enable it again after.

I use Yatse as remote so I've made a cusom remote command so I don't have to go to the Kodi menu to enable/disable debug.