LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• Thanks for al your work doing this 👍 I’m having a great time messing around with retro gaming!

One question though is it possible to add Daphne to EmulationStation? I can’t see it in the core list in Retroarch when I have dug around in there - treat me like a dummy if there is an explanation :)

• hello.

I'm new to Raspberry Pi and only recently... like 4 weeks ago got a raspberry pi 4 B 8gb. Iam also new to the linux... and have been changing the OS on a daily basis on the pi. i bought a few different sd cards.

I found libreelec-RR, installed it... and saw that it comes with Kodi, and emulationstation which is great... but where is the Brave Web browser? I did read the readme and the faqs page... maybe i'm missing something...

Could anyone please me assist?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

• just came across this project, and thought i could give it a try on my pi4....since i did not find a recent release for it, i decided to build it from source.

so...in order to make it compile, i had to comment this line

#UL_WARN_ADD([-Waddress-of-packed-member])

am building in docker with ubuntu 20.04. what am i missing here?

• Good Evening All. I'm trying to use this build with the Metropolis skin. I'm trying to setup 'spotify' as a custom 'furniture item'. I'm using this line from the wiki.

Spotify

• /usr/bin/app-spotify.py

Adding that as a 'spotify' button on the home screen to that line above does nothing. Am I missing something?

Hi, did you ever figure it out? I can't find app-spotify.py under /usr/bin/

• Hi, first I'd like to say that I'm new to Raspberry Pies and this distro (thank you so much for existing!) but not to Linux or Kodi.

I've been looking around for an answer to this and everything points to /usr/bin/app-spotify.py but if I browse to /usr/bin/ with the file manager I can't find app-spotify.py in /usr/bin/. I find frontend-emulationstation.py, frontend-pegasus-fe.py and frontend-retroarch.py just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

edit: apologies for the spam! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

• Hi,

I'm using the onboard bluetooth device of the raspberry pi 4 to connect my xbox controllers, which works fine.

But the range of the onboard bluetooth is limited, I'm gettiing regular disconnects at about 2 m distance and I have no option to move the device closer to me. As a result I want to use a USB bluetooth device. Libreeelec recognizes that but I have to disable the onboard bluetooth by adding dtoverlay=disable-bt to config.txt to make the USB device default. However, I can't connect the xbox controller in this setup, the controller responds with a disconnect/connect loop. Has someone maybe a similar experience ? Or even a solution to that problem?

• had to do some small other fixes...in case someone else is trying to build this...i'll attach the patch

just remove the .txt ending

Hi DerTeufel

Last Days i tried to compile this as GENERIC Build, but no luck....some sources has changed permanently.

(pcre,pcre2,soundtouch,mesen,dosbox-staging)

Where to place your Patch? Directly in the 'LibreELEC-RR' directory? And does it build GENERIC too?

best regards

• I've backported some master-rr stuff to https://github.com/SupervisedThin…breelec-10.0-RR e.g. fixes for the broken pkg urls, SDL2, GStreamer, mesa etc.

Currently I'm more focused on getting some changes into LE master to lay the groundwork for future Wayland builds if X11 will be dropped some day by upstream, upstreaming Vulkan support etc.

But beside the mesa bump there weren't any fundamental updates in between. /shrug

Hello SupervisedThinking

That solves my Problems about the missing things while building.

Only one more question:

How do i build a SSE4 Version of your Project? Any additional build commands or changes in the config?

best regards

tribune

• a safe way is to check out the target fearures of your cpu:

x86 Options (Using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC))

and add them e.g. like this:

You probably could also check out this

LibreELEC-RR/options at libreelec-10.0-RR-westmere · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR
    A bit more OS for KODI ;-). Contribute to SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

which is used here

LibreELEC-RR/arch.x86_64 at master-rr · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR
    A bit more OS for KODI ;-). Contribute to SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com
  • Hi and thanks a lot!

That should help for my next building trys :)

best regards

• Hi,

Firstly Thank you for this Libreelec release.

I'm slowly but steadily getting the setup to work as i want.
    But i need some assistance with the below

Edit:

Solved:
    Rclone mount at startup/reboot

Solved with autostart.sh
    had to use location of rclone in the script

Code
    (
    sleep 20
    /storage/bin/rclone mount --daemon xxxxx:xxxxx/roms /storage/romsdrive
    )&

Autostart Emulationstation
    I added /usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py to the "Autostart.sh"

Code
    (
    sleep 20
    /storage/bin/rclone mount --daemon xxxxx:xxxxx/roms /storage/romsdrive
    /usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py
    )&

Edited once, last by Romfrosk: Solved the problems (December 7, 2021 at 11:34 AM).

• Hi Guys,
    for the last couple of days I tried to get sound working in retroarch on RPi 4 and i was successful. It seems you only need to add "default" for the audio device and restart retroarch. That works with alsa and alsathread although I need to say alsathread seems to be more stable.

When I installed le10 rr my retroarch.cfg listed audio_device = "0". That seems to be the issue.

solution: Replace "0" with "default" and restart retroarch.

• Hi SupervisedThinking

I just downloaded your image to start using it - so thanks for your hard work on this.

I have noticed that the ds4drv doesn't seem to be working on the x86_64

LibreELEC-x11.x86_64-11.0-RR-20211227-1f7ed72.tar

LibreELEC:~ # ds4drv --hidraw

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/ds4drv", line 33, in <module>

sys.exit(load_entry_point('ds4drv==0.5.1', 'console_scripts', 'ds4drv')())

File "/usr/bin/ds4drv", line 25, in importlib_load_entry_point

return next(matches).load()

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/importlib/metadata.py", line 77, in load

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 843, in exec_module

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ds4drv/__main__.py", line 7, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ds4drv/backends/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ds4drv/backends/hidraw.py", line 9, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyudev/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyudev/_errors.py", line 33, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'six'

Is this a packing issue or is anyone using ds4drv?

Thanks

Edited once, last by xxxnelly (December 30, 2021 at 8:40 PM).

• A python compat module was missing, should be fixed in master-rr & upcoming builds

• Hello, I am trying to install it on Raspberry with waveshare 7.9" screen on it. I added this below to config.txt and it works fine with boot screen.

Code
    max_usb_current=1
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_timings=400 0 100 10 140 1280 10 20 20 2 0 0 0 60 0 43000000 3
    display_rotate=3

but in Libreelec Interface nothing fits.

can you help me with that please?

• Hi, just a quick question. Is there any way how I can use compiled xow in my current system, or do I have to make a whole new image? I know I can compile stand alone add-ons and use them, but I don't know if it's possible with Xow as it is a service. Thanks