LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• Well I need a full log & not a single sniplet. Beside that did you enable the addon? Since it works on all other platforms flawless its the usual RPi4 b$&%/%&t/shenanigans & since I do not own I'm digging in the deep especially since it worked in the past on RPi4 too.

Happy to supply logs, which ones? Just the retoarch.log or additional ones? I looked for logging from your addon but couldn't find any. Where does the addon log to?

• Good Evening All. I'm trying to use this build with the Metropolis skin. I'm trying to setup 'spotify' as a custom 'furniture item'. I'm using this line from the wiki.

Spotify

• /usr/bin/app-spotify.py

Adding that as a 'spotify' button on the home screen to that line above does nothing. Am I missing something?

• Hi,

i paired the Keyboard using the underlying linux commands via ssh. Now everything is fine.

The but seems to be in the libreelec pairing interface.

Hendrik

• Have updated to the latest build and there's still no audio with ALSA or Pulseaudio on the RPI4 within retroarch. All emulators show the same error:

ALSA

Code
    [ERROR] [ALSA]: Failed to initialize...
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

Pulse

Code
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

The rr-config tool seems to have no effect on anything. The retroarch settings remain unchanged after I switch from alsa to pulse and vice versa using the RR config tool.

Hmm, I got audio working on RPi 4 in emulators and moonlight. If pulseaudio is used I had to clear the audio device in retroarch (removed that hw:0,0 setting). If ALSA is used, I had to set audio device to hw:3,0 to make it work (I'm using an USB audio device). You can find out your sound device with aplay -l.

However, I did not manage to get moonlight to work with correct 5.1 support. On ALSA I only get 2.1 sound even if the correct sounddevice is set. If pulseaudio is used things get weird. Stereo sources are upmixed to four channels (front -left, front-right, center, lfe and rear right, rear-left is missing. But if I start a 5.1 game all channels are used, but not in an correct order. This might be due to default-alsamixer settings. At the moment I'm using a really cheap usb sound device, I get a new one in a few days and check if this is caused by the physical device and provide some logs in case its nor working.

SupervisedThinking Another quirk may be caused by eventlircd. As soon as I installed my Argon One Remote retroarch and especially moonlight have some problems. It seems like eventlircd is recognized as a game-controller and always set as number 1 controller. This is a minor inconvenience in retroarch because you can reset this in the retroarch settings, but it is a real problem in moonlights, because some games (especially single player games) can't cope with that. If I stream from a Windows PC, 2 xbox controllers are recognized in the device manager. I tested the assumption that eventlircd is causing this by running systemctl stop eventlircd from ssh, while streaming with moonlight. The controller was immediately disconnected and the device manager didn't show the wrong xbox controller anymore, restarting eventlircd reconnected the "wrong" controller. So, would it be possible to automate this and stop eventlircd every time moonlight (or even retroarch) starts and restart it if moonlight is ended ?

Edited 2 times, last by Cillit (September 8, 2021 at 7:22 PM).

• (...)

Well again please upload the complete log file zips. The audio configuration works for every other platform (AML, Generic, RK) fine & worked in the past for the RPi4 too. Normally you have to enable the rr-config-tool addon, select your audio output, enable pulseaudio and you're done. You don't have to manually edit any config files - if you do so you will break things because scripts adjust the automatically to match the audio devices.

About the eventlircd problem GitHub - denilsonsa/udev-joystick-blacklist: Fix for keyboard/mouse/tablet being detected as joystick in Linux I guess this might be the solution & probably prevents the from being picked up as joystick devices

• Good Evening All. I'm trying to use this build with the Metropolis skin. I'm trying to setup 'spotify' as a custom 'furniture item'. I'm using this line from the wiki.

Spotify

• /usr/bin/app-spotify.py

Adding that as a 'spotify' button on the home screen to that line above does nothing. Am I missing something?

kodi-theme-Estuary: add menu patches · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR@086361f · GitHub

You could try RunScript(/usr/bin/app-spotify.py)

• Normally you have to enable the rr-config-tool addon, select your audio output, enable pulseaudio and you're done.

So, if I just use the Libreelec-RR config tool with this settings:

, I get wrongly mapped channels in Moonlight, Kodis audio output is fine, tested with a test file, that works on a Windows PC and Kodi.

pactl info shows this:

The default- channel map seems wrong. Here are the logs: http://ix.io/3yzJ

If I select Use module-udev-detect to autodetect Pulseaudio device I get no sound at all.

This is the output of pactl info is:

Here are the kodi logs :log-2021-09-11-15.15.37.zip (Pastekodi didn't work and Pastebin complains about file size, I can give individual logs if you want)

You don't have to manually edit any config files - if you do so you will break things because scripts adjust the automatically to match the audio devices

You are right with this, especially since I'm a Linux noob, but I could't help myself. If I change autostart.sh like this

Code
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect 
    pactl set-default-sink alsa_output.usb-0d8c_USB_Sound_Device-00.analog-surround-51

Moonlight audio does work correctly, but Kodi audio is killed. I additionally added the line

pactl load-module module-alsa-sink channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,center,lfe,

which sometimes works in Kodi, but most of the time I can't select a proper audio device in Kodi settings, so this is what you meant with breaking things. To be clear, the log files I provided are without an edited autostart.sh.

Edit: The github script udev-joystick-blacklist didn't work initially, I added the lines:

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="eventlircd", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=="?*", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=""
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="eventlircd", KERNEL=="js[0-9]*", MODE="0000", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=""

which did the trick for me. Remote and controller are working in Kodi and if I use Moonlight only one controller was detected.

Edited 2 times, last by Cillit (September 12, 2021 at 2:26 PM).

• Can i now use the XBOX One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth?

Have a RPI4.

Can pair the Controller if i disable ERTM

But could not configure it on the Input/Game Controller Menu :(

P.S. I use the latest stable 10.x from today.

Installed with Update Function under libreelec Settings

• But could not configure it on the Input/Game Controller Menu

As far as I remember you don't need to disable ERTM anymore, I haven't done it and my series x controller works fine.

Furthermore you should ssh into your device and add a udev rule.

This is what I have done:

nano /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-gamepad.rules and add

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{LIBINPUT_IGNORE_DEVICE}="1" SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

, you should put that into a single line. Should work.

• As far as I remember you don't need to disable ERTM anymore, I haven't done it and my series x controller works fine.

Furthermore you should ssh into your device and add a udev rule.

This is what I have done:

nano /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-gamepad.rules and add

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{LIBINPUT_IGNORE_DEVICE}="1" SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

, you should put that into a single line. Should work.

Thanks.

Now i can configure the Controller :)

But without the Menü Button...

• Well why do you use surround51(...) as audio output device instead of HDMI1 or else? Do you use an usb audio device? A CM106 sound something?

• Logs below. I played with the rr-config tool a few times but ultimately i had to manually set the config in retroarch for it to work.

http://ix.io/3yHi

Well is it your intention to use HDMI1 instead of HDMI0? Because according to the log you use your second HDMI output as audio output.

rr-config-script: Audio Device: ALSA/PulseAudio will use hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0 as output

• Well why do you use surround51(...) as audio output device instead of HDMI1 or else?

Yes, its an USB audio card, which is my only option to have 5.1 sound, since I have no AV-receiver.

It works well with Kodi, the only problem are the wrongly mapped channels in Moonlight.

Edited once, last by Cillit (September 22, 2021 at 11:07 PM).

• Well is it your intention to use HDMI1 instead of HDMI0? Because according to the log you use your second HDMI output as audio output.

rr-config-script: Audio Device: ALSA/PulseAudio will use hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0 as output

I use the primary output, not the secondary. For some reason it only works if i set it to use 1 in your script, and 0 every where else. I'll triple check but i went over this last time and in rr-config i have to set the opposite to the real config for it to work, then manually set everything to use the primary.