Posts by SupervisedThinking

yep will add logs.

FYI I update to the new rpi4 build of LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-RR-20220814-ea850ed.img.gz but kodi wouldn't start. It restarted eventually in safe mode. Rolling back to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-RR-20220807-d7bbb6c.img.gz and it's back to normal (apart from moonlight). Will wait for a new moonlight build before testing again.

Well MIGHT be Mesa related but since I don't use/own RPi4 I can't test the images

I have installed LibreELEC-RR 11 on RasPi 4. Samba is not working, but it's known issue in 11 build. Also WiFi connection after restart is disconected, need try few times to connect. I think it will be corrected in next revision so i get back to 10.x version.

PS. I really appreciate Your job. Your build is that, what i wanted from the beggining of using LibreELEC - emulation integration accessible from Kodi screen (not Kodi from eg. RetroPie or RecalBox). Big thanks. If You have any buy my a coffee or so on I'd like to buy you few 😎

BTW. I have edit my post because i found way to upload Dolphin And PSP emulators to the retroarch

- Samba basically works but you need to direct enter the adress like \\your_device\update or else - browsing doesn't work for unknown reason

- if wifi isn't stable -> probably best to report this to upstream LE

- I haven't added retroarchs ppsspp to ARM because back in the days it was way to slow, might have changed on recent RPi4 builds + Vulkan

- IIRC Dolphin depends on 64bit & currently LE builds are 32bit for ARM because otherwise it's not possible to use Netflix et al so I'm not really sure if such a core will even start, beside that the RPi4 CPU + GPU is pretty slow, I wouldn't bet my money on ever having proper Dolphin emulation on RPi4

On the latest rpi4 version, Moonlight appears to be broken. When starting a stream, the session begins but hangs on "starting audio session". It seems the issue is actually video related:

please upload the complete logfile to pastebin or something similar - I'll open an issue at the moonlight repo then.

Ok, I copied the file from the original RR and also overwrote it in /tmp - after a reboot Dolphin worked again.

For the record, I use a build from 2021.

``/tmp is just a temporary folder - as the name suggest. IF you've downloaded any core from the RA buildbot then it's stored in /storage/.config/retroarch/cores so if you run into trouble: delete this core & reboot the system. Then the core provided by my image is used.

I'm having the same issue on version RR-20220611-0fb3a2d.

Well did you download a dolphin core from the buildbot or something? It's working perfectly fine here (with lzma compressed rvz images) & my core is not linked against liblzma.so.5 so uses a static lzma lib from externals

EDIT:
    well I've made a second test, converted an image to RVZ using lzma & it still works flawless, the libretro core still boots the game.

I saw 11.x was added in the generic downloads. Is LibreELEC-RR 11.x safe to upgrade to from 10.x? Any features that are added in that and features that might be buggy?

Well it's basically like a nightly + LE-RR stuff. While Kodi itself is a dev version / almost alpha https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/milestone/137 all other packages are usually well tested release versions. The main advantage for me is that it comes with newer devel packages, more recent Linux kernel, mesa (=graphic), gcc(compiler) and so on which should boost the performance, adds driver support or features.

Also simply a lot of stuff under the hood changed... almost 2000 commits have been merged since LE10 & I've upstreamed packages like the Vulkan API to LE which ease things for downstream repos like mine because I can use upstream code & don't have to mess with upstream changes breaking my packages.

IMHO Kodi 20-dev is fairly stable & I use it as daily driver on all of my systems (Generic, Rockchip, Amlogic) but of course there are probably more quirks than a well aged K19.4 has. But K20 isn't/wasn't as disruptive as K19 was because of the Python3 changes it had.

And because of that I'm focused on master-rr (11.x) I've only limited time & so it makes more sense to work on the bleeding edge builds ^^

Build x86_64-11.0-RR-20220411-2adbf1a

• updated to latest - master branch
    • bumped gcc to 11.2
    • bumped mesa to 22.0.1
    • Vulkan 1.3.211
    • bumped kernel to 5.17.0
    • bumped moonlight-qt to 4.0.0
    • bumped libretro cores
    • bumped standalone emulators
    • bumped RPCS3 to 0.0.21+ (depends on GCC 11.2)
    • (...)

Thanks, I've been using this build on my NUC8i3 for a few weeks now without issues.

I couldn't find any hints about this, but is it possible to adjust the screen resolution for Brave, specifically?

On my TV in kodi/libreelec I need to adjust the overscan otherwise parts are cut off. Also the font is tiny, even when I set it to large or extra large in the settings.

For movies thats more a nuisance than a problem, but when the address bar is partly invisible it makes it kinda difficult to browse! ;)

Maybe this could work for you https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GTK#Configuration

Hi, I'm trying to build the actual Libreelec-RR master branch for RPi4.

This fails during the build of qt5, with the following error message:

"Error parsing JSON at 1:1 : illegal value

Project ERROR: Invalid or Non-existing file" and then it specifies the path.

The failed command is : ${PKG_BUILD}/configure ${PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_TARGET}

I've compiled master-rr for RPi4 yesterday & uploaded a recent .tar - if it fails for you upload a complete build log of qt5 in pastebin or else.

I picked up a Nvidia 1030GT that I thought I would throw in my LE box as I’m enjoying your work on the emulation stuff.

I seem to be in a boot loop with the gfx card installed. Any clever souls have any suggestions as to why this is happening? I know Nvidia isn’t supported on vanilla LE but the wiki for LE RR does show that the drivers are in the build (unless I’m mistaken?)

Well I have no clue which version you're actually using so 10.0 or master & I have no clue where is stated that Nvidia isn't supported. Both LibreELEC branches, so 10.0 & master, SHOULD have working Nvidia configurations. So post details & logfiles. If your system reboots try to prevent this by running:

touch /storage/.config/safemode.disable

In a ssh terminal.

Hi, just a quick question. Is there any way how I can use compiled xow in my current system, or do I have to make a whole new image? I know I can compile stand alone add-ons and use them, but I don't know if it's possible with Xow as it is a service. Thanks

depending on your actual device you have to enable NON_FREE_PKG_SUPPORT at https://github.com/SupervisedThin…x11/options#L53 and rebuild the whole package. Due to Microsofts licensing it's not legally allowed to ship prebuild images with their binary.

This kernel module could be interesting too but wireless support is still wip https://github.com/medusalix/xone

A python compat module was missing, should be fixed in master-rr & upcoming builds