Posts by Cillit

Maybe someone can help: I want to access roms and saves from network. I already created a .mount service, which seems to work (I can cd into it via ssh and access it in the Kodi data manager).

I also was able to select the network drive in Retroarch as default location for saves and savestates. But if Retroarch tries to write a save for a game it stays at size 0, additionally savestate writing does not finish. I get a symbol that Retroarch is busy creating a savestate, but it remains at 0 percent.

The generic build google folder is currently empty, does anyone know of an alternative download option, please?

EDIT: I find myself building my own images: 10.0 branch and up to date ;)

Of course you can always build your own image ;)

But I think this is part of the preparation process for the rollout of Libreelec 11. Also, space on Google-Drive is limited, so I won't expect that older builds are hosted.

Hi there,

I'm using a XBOX series controller connected via bluetooth. This mostly works well, but sometimes I get disconnected or there is a heavy input delay. Therefore I want to use an external bluetooth dongle. In order to do this onboard bluetooth is disabled with the line dtoverlay=disable-bt in config.txt. This seems to work, the dongle is recognized in bluetoothctl as a device, but if I try to connect the controller it gets stuck in a

connect/disconnect loop.

The xpadneo wiki lists a possible solution by editing /etc/bluetooth/main.conf.

However, this is not possible in libreelec, because it is read only.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, thank you for the updated build. I think my build environment is faulty, I'll try again with another system.

Sadly there might be a problem with the current master build. Kodi crashes everytime if a addon is switched, for example if I go from a Youtube video to Netfix, or Twitch. This happens with nearly every addon. As far as I can see this might be a known python regression, referenced here:

[BUG] Kodi crashing when switching from an add-on to another · Issue #6266 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Describe the bug Kodi is crashing when switching from an addo-on to another, in this case it's either Netflix plugin or Tubed. I only tested with these…
    github.com

and here:

Kodi force close when switching from an add-on to another · Issue #21045 · xbmc/xbmc
    Bug report Describe the bug Here is a clear and concise description of what the problem is: Kodi is force closing when you switch from an add-on to another.…
    github.com

So I would recommend not to update to master-rr till this is resolved.

hi, thank you for this great image!

trying to get snes & n64 running but all my games have heavy stuttering, this is on rpi4 on a 4k screen.

what can I do to make this better? controller support & everything else is perfect! thank you!

Hi,

to get a smooth SNES experience I changed the emulator form snes9x to snes9x2010. I wasn't able to do this

from within Retroarch, so I just changed a line in es_systems.cfg from

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/snes9x_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

to

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/snes9x2010_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

However, while the performance with snes9x2010 is great, emulation crashes if I load savestates. Saving normally from within the game(s) seems to work reliably.

N64 emulation is a different story and heavily depends on the game. While Mario 64 runs at a playable framerate with low resolution (640*480), games like Goldeneye have much more problems. You can try some different core settings and experiment a bid or you vistit the retropie wiki and look up which settings have an effect on performance. Personally I haven't found settings yet, if its possible, that run the game close to or at original performance.

I think your issue is already mentioned here:

Cris_
    November 3, 2021 at 10:33 PM

The answer is to run

getedid create through ssh.

I had the same issue and this worked at least in my case.

Some updates on issues I had encountered:

There seems to have been a fix for the streaming issues in the moonlight side of things.

I build the current LibreELEC-RR master and with this, only cmdline.txt is edited in this way:

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M-32@60:mD

The moonlight user interface is still 4k, but the actual streaming works fine with the proper moonlight options selected. So CEC and HDMI audio are working with this.

I also could't use my USB audio card, the channels got mixed up while using moonlight. I had a look at the moonlight starting process which starts udev-detect and it selects the correct audio sink accordingly to the rr-config.tool settings. While starting the udev-detect module works, the audio sink didn't, it would always fall back to a stereo failsafe sink.

I could workaround this with creating a system.d service file with the following content:

While this works for me greatly, there might be a better way of doing this.

Hi,

I'm using the onboard bluetooth device of the raspberry pi 4 to connect my xbox controllers, which works fine.

But the range of the onboard bluetooth is limited, I'm gettiing regular disconnects at about 2 m distance and I have no option to move the device closer to me. As a result I want to use a USB bluetooth device. Libreeelec recognizes that but I have to disable the onboard bluetooth by adding dtoverlay=disable-bt to config.txt to make the USB device default. However, I can't connect the xbox controller in this setup, the controller responds with a disconnect/connect loop. Has someone maybe a similar experience ? Or even a solution to that problem?

But could not configure it on the Input/Game Controller Menu

As far as I remember you don't need to disable ERTM anymore, I haven't done it and my series x controller works fine.

Furthermore you should ssh into your device and add a udev rule.

This is what I have done:

nano /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-gamepad.rules and add

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{LIBINPUT_IGNORE_DEVICE}="1" SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

, you should put that into a single line. Should work.

Normally you have to enable the rr-config-tool addon, select your audio output, enable pulseaudio and you're done.

So, if I just use the Libreelec-RR config tool with this settings:

, I get wrongly mapped channels in Moonlight, Kodis audio output is fine, tested with a test file, that works on a Windows PC and Kodi.

pactl info shows this:

The default- channel map seems wrong. Here are the logs: http://ix.io/3yzJ

If I select Use module-udev-detect to autodetect Pulseaudio device I get no sound at all.

This is the output of pactl info is:

Here are the kodi logs :log-2021-09-11-15.15.37.zip (Pastekodi didn't work and Pastebin complains about file size, I can give individual logs if you want)

You don't have to manually edit any config files - if you do so you will break things because scripts adjust the automatically to match the audio devices

You are right with this, especially since I'm a Linux noob, but I could't help myself. If I change autostart.sh like this

Code
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect 
    pactl set-default-sink alsa_output.usb-0d8c_USB_Sound_Device-00.analog-surround-51

Moonlight audio does work correctly, but Kodi audio is killed. I additionally added the line

pactl load-module module-alsa-sink channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,center,lfe,

which sometimes works in Kodi, but most of the time I can't select a proper audio device in Kodi settings, so this is what you meant with breaking things. To be clear, the log files I provided are without an edited autostart.sh.

Edit: The github script udev-joystick-blacklist didn't work initially, I added the lines:

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="eventlircd", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=="?*", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=""
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="eventlircd", KERNEL=="js[0-9]*", MODE="0000", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=""

which did the trick for me. Remote and controller are working in Kodi and if I use Moonlight only one controller was detected.

Have updated to the latest build and there's still no audio with ALSA or Pulseaudio on the RPI4 within retroarch. All emulators show the same error:

ALSA

Code
    [ERROR] [ALSA]: Failed to initialize...
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

Pulse

Code
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

The rr-config tool seems to have no effect on anything. The retroarch settings remain unchanged after I switch from alsa to pulse and vice versa using the RR config tool.

Hmm, I got audio working on RPi 4 in emulators and moonlight. If pulseaudio is used I had to clear the audio device in retroarch (removed that hw:0,0 setting). If ALSA is used, I had to set audio device to hw:3,0 to make it work (I'm using an USB audio device). You can find out your sound device with aplay -l.

However, I did not manage to get moonlight to work with correct 5.1 support. On ALSA I only get 2.1 sound even if the correct sounddevice is set. If pulseaudio is used things get weird. Stereo sources are upmixed to four channels (front -left, front-right, center, lfe and rear right, rear-left is missing. But if I start a 5.1 game all channels are used, but not in an correct order. This might be due to default-alsamixer settings. At the moment I'm using a really cheap usb sound device, I get a new one in a few days and check if this is caused by the physical device and provide some logs in case its nor working.

SupervisedThinking Another quirk may be caused by eventlircd. As soon as I installed my Argon One Remote retroarch and especially moonlight have some problems. It seems like eventlircd is recognized as a game-controller and always set as number 1 controller. This is a minor inconvenience in retroarch because you can reset this in the retroarch settings, but it is a real problem in moonlights, because some games (especially single player games) can't cope with that. If I stream from a Windows PC, 2 xbox controllers are recognized in the device manager. I tested the assumption that eventlircd is causing this by running systemctl stop eventlircd from ssh, while streaming with moonlight. The controller was immediately disconnected and the device manager didn't show the wrong xbox controller anymore, restarting eventlircd reconnected the "wrong" controller. So, would it be possible to automate this and stop eventlircd every time moonlight (or even retroarch) starts and restart it if moonlight is ended ?

Hi, first of all: thank you for your hard work on this addon.

I would like to ask if this addon works for Libreelec 10?

I tried to install it on RPi 4 running libreelec 10 and the launcher exits with an error message:

Can't resolve xbmx/python 2.25.0.

Edit: I'm using Libreelec RR.

Hi there,

I don't think this is a moonlight issue. I did a little bit of research in the forum and it seems like the global resolution is now configured with cmdline.txt, which also has a new syntax. I tried different options, but had no sweeping succuess, yet.

I tried

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@60D

and

Code
    drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080D

but it didn't work. A hint from this thread:

SB9x
    July 31, 2021 at 5:21 PM

made me try:

Code
    drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/1920x1080.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

This finally worked, no more tearing and exellent streaming quality, but it killed CEC and HDMI audio, also the picture is slightly darker.

Maybe there is a better solution.

Edit: Yes its a Rpi4.

Hi there,

first of all I would like to thank you for this build. It's really nice to have moonlight-qt and xpadneo as part of libreelec.

I have got a little problem with moonlight. On 1080@60 i noticed some flickering in the upper third of the screen, especially if there is a lot going on, if nothing happens on the screen the flickering is not noticeable. I tried with v-sync on/off and forced h.264. While v-sync seems to make no difference, forced h.264 makes the flickering worse.

Greetings,

Cillit

Edit: If moonlight starts, the TV resolution switches to 4k@30, if a game stream starts the resolution still is at 4k@30, even if the streaming is set for 1080@60 inside moonlight. I have tried to force a resolution with the hdmi_mode solution mentioned in the wiki.