Posts by domb84

yep will add logs.

FYI I update to the new rpi4 build of LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-RR-20220814-ea850ed.img.gz but kodi wouldn't start. It restarted eventually in safe mode. Rolling back to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-RR-20220807-d7bbb6c.img.gz and it's back to normal (apart from moonlight). Will wait for a new moonlight build before testing again.

On the latest rpi4 version, Moonlight appears to be broken. When starting a stream, the session begins but hangs on "starting audio session". It seems the issue is actually video related:

I've noticed that on the Rpi4 builds of 11.x that HDR content no longer plays back. It appears to try to switch the TV to HDR, but it just sits there blank outputting nothing. Stopping playback switches back to non HDR and all is ok. 10.x seemed to be ok. Is this a known issue?

While attempting playback this is what I get from DMESG and kodi.log.

Code
    [  461.538716] rpivid feb10000.codec: rpivid_h265_start: (3840x1616)
    [  461.564121] rpivid feb10000.codec: SPS changed
    [  461.564144] rpivid feb10000.codec: PPS changed
    [  481.353551] rpivid feb10000.codec: rpivid_h265_stop

I love the libreelec-rr current builds. One thing that would make it complete for me is Chiaki (ps4 streaming client, a little like Moonlight). Do you think it could be added? I completed a guide for rpi4 myself but I had issues trying to build libreelec-rr from memory.

Compile Chiaki and add as a custom port to RetroPie – dominicbird.com

Hopefully it's fairly straight forward to add to libreelec!

You cannot switch resolutions like you can with xrandr (which doesn't work as we don't use X11) but you can force the intitial resolution used for boot by adding "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" to kernel boot params. On a Raspberry Pi this is in cmdline.txt in the root folder of the SD card. From SSH this is /flash/cmdline.txt but you will need to remount /flash in rw mode first to edit the file.

I'm already aware of the boot parameters but this doesn't suit my use case. I need different resolutions for different applications.

Kodi already switches resolution and frame rate based on source material, can I emulate this some how? I've been searching through the source code but cannot find anything regarding how this is achieved (also my knowledge beyond bash and a bit of python is poor!).

It seems modetest does actually work if I stop the kodi service, so I'll see if I can shoehorn that into a script somehow.

I've been searching for some time for a way to set the resolution via bash on libreelec but cannot find anything. Is there a method for setting it?

I've tried the following...

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # echo U:1920x1200p-0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode
    sh: write error: Invalid argument
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -e "CEA 4"
    tvservice is not supported when using the vc4-kms-v3d driver.
    Similar features are available with standard linux tools
    such as modetest from libdrm-tests.
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # xrandr -s 1920x1080
    -sh: xrandr: not found
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # fbset -s

mode "1920x1080-0"
            # D: 0.000 MHz, H: 0.000 kHz, V: 0.000 Hz
            geometry 1920 1080 1920 1080 16
            timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
            accel true
            rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
    endmode

Finally found some good documentation for modetest but that also fails with permission denied:

DRM KMS overview - stm32mpu

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # modetest -M vc4 -s 32@76:1280x720-50 -d
    setting mode 1280x720-50.00Hz on connectors 32, crtc 76
    failed to set mode: Permission denied

This appears to be down to DRM. Is there a way to disable this?

Linux/DRA718: How to enable color bar output on VOUT and HDMI? - Processors forum - Processors - TI E2E support forums

Any ideas? I need a tool for an add on wrapper to launch script. Thanks!

Can RetroArch be used as Kodi add-on in regular LE? Is forking the system absolutely necessary?

You need a wrapper to launch retroarch so it's not a native plugin that works within the Kodi application. You can use ROMs within Kodi, but I've tried this in the past and the native support is terrible. Personally I wouldn't waste your time trying to make the native support work even though it's tempting. LibreelecRR is by far the easiest solution if your priority is playing media, but you also want proper emulation support.

Well is it your intention to use HDMI1 instead of HDMI0? Because according to the log you use your second HDMI output as audio output.

rr-config-script: Audio Device: ALSA/PulseAudio will use hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0 as output

I use the primary output, not the secondary. For some reason it only works if i set it to use 1 in your script, and 0 every where else. I'll triple check but i went over this last time and in rr-config i have to set the opposite to the real config for it to work, then manually set everything to use the primary.

Well I need a full log & not a single sniplet. Beside that did you enable the addon? Since it works on all other platforms flawless its the usual RPi4 b$&%/%&t/shenanigans & since I do not own I'm digging in the deep especially since it worked in the past on RPi4 too.

Happy to supply logs, which ones? Just the retoarch.log or additional ones? I looked for logging from your addon but couldn't find any. Where does the addon log to?

Just download the .tar file stored in testing, copy it to the update folder & reboot your RPi4

Have updated to the latest build and there's still no audio with ALSA or Pulseaudio on the RPI4 within retroarch. All emulators show the same error:

ALSA

Code
    [ERROR] [ALSA]: Failed to initialize...
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

Pulse

Code
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

The rr-config tool seems to have no effect on anything. The retroarch settings remain unchanged after I switch from alsa to pulse and vice versa using the RR config tool.

Just wanted to say a big thanks for this build! Been trying to get various combinations of RetroPie/Kodi/RetroPlayer to play nicely together and this just makes the whole thing easier. Plus PCSX-rearmed actually works in this build which it doesn't on the standard Kodi 19 build. Great work!

One quick question. How do I set the resolution of RetroArch? it's defaulting to 4k and the output options seem to have been disabled or some such.

EDIT... found this in the wiki.

Home · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR Wiki · GitHub's-&-Configuration#x-set-custom-rpi4-kms-resolution

I've checked the wiki and used the RR-Config app to configure audio, but it doesn't matter if i use ALSA or PA, no audio works in retroarch.

I've also noticed now that no audio us working on rpi4 via retroarch. it looks like the audio driver cannot load.