Posts by madalone

have the same issue here with external 1TB ssd formatted on ntfs.

It works perfectly for some days then it is unmounted by librelec. Even if y reboot, the drive is no more mounted.

When plugged on windows, it is recognised with no problem.

The only solution i found is to format again the storage to have it mou ted on libreelec.

it's working fine now :)

Hello everyone!

So I'm having this issue that started a few days ago and I'm unable to figure it out why both my usb hdds aren't mounting after restart.

What I'm running: LibreELEC nightly-20220426-d546803 on a RPi4 8gb with two self-powered WD MyBook 16Tb hdds, with one NTFS partition each, hooked to a self-powered Anker usb3 hub.

What happens: it started with just a delay in mounting the hdds at start but after a day or two they wouldn't get mounted at all.

What I do: first I tried just unhooking the drives and plugging them back in but that did nothing except a notification in Kodi saying the drives have been removed. Did the same but with the power cable to the hdds, same result. Tried different usb ports in the hub too but no dice. So I thought: the drives have issues. So I plugged them to my macbook and used Tuxera to do a check but no errors were found and I can open files in both drives fine so I plug them back in and presto, they're detected.

Now I've had to do this 12 times so far as I boot between Retropie and LibreELEC often. In Retropie the drives are mounted fine every time as I run roms off one of them and checked the other one.

Also, I found this post from 2017 in which it's suggested to use exFAT or ext4. Is this still true? I'd like not to have to go that route as I don't have 30Tb around to house my data while I convert partitions 🙈

I see a bunch of undervoltage detected/normalised messages in dmesg, would that have anything to do with this? I haven't had voltage issues before. My psu/rpi aren't even 6 months old.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or if I'm missing something?

Logs: http://ix.io/3WoB

dmesg: http://ix.io/3WoC

Please let me know if I should provide more logs or additional info.

Thanks in advance!

I read through that yesterday evening and spent another hour trying to get it working properly, no luck. I did have it working at one stage ages ago and then a minor LE update broke it...that's too fragile for my liking.

Thanks to all those trying to solve the problem, it just seems like available solutions are still complicated ones.

Not LE's fault of course - a media player is just not something I want to spend time on like this any more. If it doesn't have a GUI or is as simple as installing and restarting, it ain't for me.

I'll donate to anyone skilled enough to write a Kodi add-on that controls any fan based on RPi temps as long as it's connected to certain GPIO pins :)

Cheers

i've an rpi 4 8gb in an Argon One case too, and for me it's also the most drama-free device i own. used this zip to get the fan control working. (i didn't go through your Argon One Fan Control post so apologies if someone already suggested this) i've set it up to turn on the fan at 65, 75 & 85 C but since i've not overclocked it, it never gets past 60C so the fan never spins. did do some tests hiking down the temp setting to make sure things were working cause i saw an error in kodi.log:

Display Spoiler

ERROR <general>: CPythonInvoker(12, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.argonforty-device/main.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

everything works as expected though, so i chalked it up to a non-issue. the case feels warm to the touch but nothing concerning or unexpected. i've some dockers running. these can sometimes spike cpu use but nothing to worry about temperature-wise, and i can run 4k content without issues. haven't gotten the case ir receiver to work but i only spent about half an hour looking into it cause i have a lirc dongle that just works.

hi, unfortunately the 10.0.2 update is not (yet) displayed, can someone tell me exactly which files I need to trigger a manual update via Samba?

hi Gerri83, you download this https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0.2.img.gz and put it in your home directory in a folder called .update. create it if it doesn't exist. then reboot and it'll be detected and installed. creating a backup before is recommended just in case something goes wrong.

Hi, first I'd like to say that I'm new to Raspberry Pies and this distro (thank you so much for existing!) but not to Linux or Kodi.

I've been looking around for an answer to this and everything points to /usr/bin/app-spotify.py but if I browse to /usr/bin/ with the file manager I can't find app-spotify.py in /usr/bin/. I find frontend-emulationstation.py, frontend-pegasus-fe.py and frontend-retroarch.py just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

edit: apologies for the spam! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Good Evening All. I'm trying to use this build with the Metropolis skin. I'm trying to setup 'spotify' as a custom 'furniture item'. I'm using this line from the wiki.

Spotify

• /usr/bin/app-spotify.py

Adding that as a 'spotify' button on the home screen to that line above does nothing. Am I missing something?

Hi, did you ever figure it out? I can't find app-spotify.py under /usr/bin/