LE10 & deinterlacing in RPi4

• deinterlace support was merged into LE11 nightlies a week or so ago, it is not in the LE10 codebase at this time.

I've compiled one of the nightlies but did not found any usable change at deinterlace level with RPI4.

Is there any additional compliation option I should have used ?

• Hi

I’ve just compiled the current master branch in GitHub and been watching live tv (hd 25 fps) and deinterlace is working great.

Watched movies, car races and a football match.

Awesome.

Thank you to all devs 😁

• I have installed yesterday the test version which can be found on RE: LE 10.0.1 / Rpi4 / No picture after update from LE 10.0.0 (be aware its a test version and not considered a stable one)

It includes a working de-interlacing , and after about 5-6 hours of using on 2 RPI4 setups it working great.

Great work everyone , and waiting to see this on official 10.0.2.

I stayed on the version 9.x because of the missing deinterlacing ... with this development version I switchted to 10.x about a week ago ... no problems until now. Nice work! :)

• Having some issues while watching tv.

I've created a new thread.

Hope it helps :

nvdias
    March 9, 2022 at 10:19 PM
  • Hi,

With 10.0.02 build feeding of TVHeadend on another server.

I'm getting very occasional garbled screen then a crash of kodi and then need to do a full reboot.

This "may" have something to do with SBS &/or SBS HD.
    I've had something similar a very long time ago on the Windows software.
    There is something "special" about the SBS/SBS HD stream.

If I can isolate it some more I'll let you know.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Neeto.

• With LE10.0.2 on my Pi4 compared to LE10.0.0, I've noticed that the H264 encoded *.TS files from my TVHeadend server, recorded in 1080p @ 50ps with interlacing, now play with distinct 'judder' or 'jerkiness', especially when the image has a slowly panning background.

The same file played on my Pi3 with OSMC (Kodi19.4), shows the video with interlacing, but at least the image pans smoothly and the irritating jerky visual effect on the background is not present. Kodi on both Pis has been set with identical display and video settings.

I think the de-interlacing using hardware decoding on the Pi4 still has some a way to go yet. In the meanwhile, I've disable de-interlacing by default for all videos, as I prefer the result.

Edited once, last by sunny (April 17, 2022 at 8:28 AM).