Argon One Pi 4 V2

• Hi

I own a Raspberry Pi4 8gb - I changed the original case (white and red with miniHDMI ports) with the Argon one Pi4 V2 case. The problem, which was not present in the previous case, is the lack of audio. I tried to make the change in config by inserting the line hdmi_drive = 2 to no avail.

Also tested with hdmi_drive = 2
    hdmi_ignore_edid = 0xa5000080
    hdmi_mode = 16
    hdmi_group = 1

As per post, but the second command blocks the boot

Thanks for each vs. valuable suggestion

• The one near with power supply on the Pi, which isn't actually the one near the power supply on the Argon One case, at least in version 1. I had this problem myself, and it seems I am not the only one.

• Code
    Using the PI with the original case, the 2 mini-HDMI outputs can be used safely.
    With the Argon One Pi4 V2 case, which places all the connectors on one side by transforming the 2 mini-HDMI into HDMI, the only operational port is the one next to the power supply.
  • I had the same issue with the Pi4b in the Argon M.2 case. Use the other hdmi port and boot with TV on. MIne's been working flawlessly for weeks now.

• Thanks for the reply. I tried to do what you suggested, but the other HDMI power shows no signs of life. My TV is Samsung QE55Q950RBTXZT 8k Argon is a nice case and I would hate to go back to the previous case

• I've used both HDMI ports on my Argon ONE M.2 Pi4B case without issue. The HDMI outputs are reversed from the Pi board. Looking from the back; output HDMI0 is far left, and HDMI1 is next to the USB-C power supply. HDMI0 supports up to 4K@60Hz (I'm using it) and HDMI1 only supports up to 4k@30Hz (I've proven it myself).

craigr

• Eagle5966 Check the soldering quality: Click!

Well, mine works fine, but since I do SMD soldering professionally I'm going to check it anyway. One thing I don't like about this case is that inserting the board requires it to go into both micro HDMI inputs and the analog input all at once. This can't really ever line up completely, so it requires quite a bit of force to insert. Much more force than I would really like to use on HDMI micro connectors. I'm sure it could break solder joints.

craigr

Edited once, last by craigr (November 26, 2021 at 3:55 AM).

• When I changed to a 2.0 spec cable the plastic connector molding was a little larger. I use the Argon 1 case. The connector didn't feel right so I marked it out and filed the case so the connector fitted properly. It was a millimeter or two that needed filing so the connector clicked in properly. I guess it depends on your connector.