LibreElec 9.95.4 on Raspberry Pi 4 with Argon One V2 case - HDMI problems

• Hi community,

I have this issue for over 2 days now and I feel I am running out of any ideas in what to do.

I will try to mention everything I tried so far but there was a lot of effort from my side but nothing helped yet.

Few days ago, I made a fresh install of LibreElec on my Pi where I installed latest beta of LE.

I started to have issues on my LG tv (LG 65NANO79 - 4K TV, WebOs - new TV). I just had "no signal" message everytime I tried to plug the Pi into the TV.
    I used HDMI0 on Pi, nearest to the power plug. Obviously thats the furthest one to the left on my argon one v2 casing. I tried 5 different HDMI cables and no luck.
    Then just for a test I tried to plug it in into HDMI1. And boom, I have picture, everything works except CEC. Couldn't get it to work but that is in my guess because of the fact that HDMI1 port on Pi doesnt support that.

I tried lot of different settings in config.txt, work with edid to get things to work but still just no luck.

I then tried the Pi with my PC monitor (AOC 32" 2k monitor). HDMI1 and HDMI0 worked as expected, yet could not test the CEC here. I started running low on ideas, tried different versions of LE, tried installing OSMC but nothing just worked on HDMI0 port on my LG TV. I started to think that TV is the case. I tried to reset it into factory settings, did some tricks on how to help these issues I found on YouTube but still, nothing helped.

I am not seeking help on forums often but I am absolutely desperate now.

I will be so glad for any help, any ideas, anything.

Thanks guys. :angel: :(

• Does it work without the case?

Sorry for not mentioning it. No, no luck without the case neither. And the case is brand new, actually bought to see if it will make any difference in this problem.

• On my Argon ONE v2 i use the HDMI closest to the 3,5mm output, that works with CEC on my LG plasma.

• On my Argon ONE v2 i use the HDMI closest to the 3,5mm output, that works with CEC on my LG plasma.

Then I really don't understand whats going on with my TV. And weirdly, everything worked for over 2 years no problem. Then I decided to upgrade and boom... Then even the older version I was using didnt work.

• Some outputs that might bring some light into the case... it all looks just so weird..

• Hi everyone. I removed the case, bought a new mini hdmi cable (4th one) and things started to work... I don't know why, they just did. All the previous cables were brand new...

• The answer to your problem is as simple as it is frustrating: Your Argon One board has poorly made solder joints between the board and the HDMI jacks and connectors.

I had the same problem and was sent a new board by the manufacturer. I then ordered a second case from the same distributor, which had exactly the same problems with CEC as the first board.

After I re-soldered the solder connections on both defective boards, CEC worked like a charm.

Take a look under a magnifying glass and good light at the connections between the Micro-HDMI connectors and the tracks of the board.

Another problem is the lack of Python 3 support in the script software which causes problems with fan and remote control when using the new version of libreelec (10). It's a shame that such a great case is accompanied by such poor support.

• Hi weizen, I'm wondering if this is the issue with my argon case, I just cannot get any sound when the pi is plugged into my TV. My eyesight is not very good so I'm unable to tell if the tracks are damaged.

I can get it to work with a monitor just not my TV . I then retried with the monitor and there is no sound ...I'm so frustrated with the thing

• Weizen, I am having similar issue and I spoke with Argon40 and they are sending me a replacement board. Did that resolve the issue for you or did you have to solder points on that one as well.

• Weizen, I am having similar issue and I spoke with Argon40 and they are sending me a replacement board. Did that resolve the issue for you or did you have to solder points on that one as well.

The replacement board arrived a week after my complaint and it worked well.

• Hi weizen, I'm wondering if this is the issue with my argon case, I just cannot get any sound when the pi is plugged into my TV. My eyesight is not very good so I'm unable to tell if the tracks are damaged.

I can get it to work with a monitor just not my TV . I then retried with the monitor and there is no sound ...I'm so frustrated with the thing

Try to use the other HDMI channel / socket.

• FYI, I received the new card for one of my Argon One cases and it works as expected on 2 of my TVs. On the third TV I had to set the resolution in cmdline.txt to 720p for it to work.

• I'm getting scared about this Argon posts, I just bought an RPi 4 with an Argon v2 Case and I'm having the same issues as described here.
    I'm still on time to return it, should I do it?