Posts by itaranto

It seems I'm subscribed to every sub-forum here since I've created this account.

I already tried going to every forum and clicking on Manage Subscriptions-> Unwatch this forum (It was already selected BTW), but I still get "Unread Posts" notification.

How can I unsubscribe from everything?

I think new users shouldn't be subscribed to any forum by default.

• try without the Argon One case to rule out soldering issues

The problem is that I don't have a micro HDMI adapter, I still got till the end of the month to return the Argon Case.

Maybe I can get an adapter to test before that.

make sure you are using an HDMI 2.0 / 2.1 cable, because RPi 4 data rate is higher than on RPi 3

I tried with a thicker cable, one that came with a gamer monitor, I think that should be enough. I didn't change anything though.

Thanks.

Slightly unrelated update:

The setting video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@60 video=HDMI-A-2:1920x1080@60 leaves my system with no sound! I even tried with video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080@60D video=HDMI-A-2:1920x1080@60D with the same result.

Removing those settings brings back the sound again.

I was also reading some posts about the Argon One Pi 4 V2 case which is the one I use, and it seems to be related with the sound issue:

Eagle5966
    March 7, 2021 at 9:20 AM

I believe the best would be to return it.

You have to use the first HDMI port (labelled HDMI0 on RPi4 PCB, HDMI-A-1 in linux), the second port supports CEC, too, but libcec (which is used by kodi) doesn't support it, it's hardwired to the first one without a possibility to change that...

so long,

Hias

OK, that may be the root cause of my issue, nevertheless LibreELEC only works on HDMI-A-2 for me, I don't know why.

I remember being able to enable HDMI-A-1 by adding video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60D into cmdline.txt but I have no idea why that worked, I don't know what the "D" stands for.

Does anybody know what could be causing my system not work with HDMI-A-1?

It is a clean install BTW...

Regarding the confusion about the ports: HDMI-A-2 is next to the power input in my setup because I use the Argon One case, Duh! That's why they look "inverted".

Hello everyone,

As the title says, I have both a Raspberry PI 3 and 4, HDMI CEC works perfectly fine with 9.2.8 in my RPi 3 but it doesn't with 10.0.1 in my RPi 4.

I used the same TV (Phililps43PFG5101/77), same HDMI cable, same everything.

I also see the following UI messages right after booting up:

- 9.2.8 (RPi3)
    Kodi pop-up:
    "Pulse-Eight CEC adapter: Connecting to Pulse-Eight CEC adapter"

"Pulse-Eight CEC adapter: Connected TV"

TV pop-up:
    "RC Pass-trhough Active"

- 10.0.1 (RPi4)
    Kodi pop-up:
    "Pulse-Eight CEC adapter: Connecting to Pulse-Eight CEC adapter"

TV pop-up:
    *nothing*

I also tried 9.2.8 in my RPi 4 but it doesn't work either.

Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but LibreELEC only seems to work with the HDMI port next to the power input.
    It seems that port is HDMI-A-2 and not HDMI-A-1 which is strange... unless this refers to the TV ports, which in this case I'm using "HDMI-2".

Code
    libreelec:~ # cat /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/enabled
    disabled
    libreelec:~ # cat /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/status
    disconnected
    libreelec:~ # cat /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-2/enabled
    enabled
    libreelec:~ # cat /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-2/status
    connected

Please tell me which logs to attach in order to assist debugging.

Thanks.