LibreElec 9.95.4 on Raspberry Pi 4 with Argon One V2 case - HDMI problems

• Hi community,

I have this issue for over 2 days now and I feel I am running out of any ideas in what to do.

I will try to mention everything I tried so far but there was a lot of effort from my side but nothing helped yet.

Few days ago, I made a fresh install of LibreElec on my Pi where I installed latest beta of LE.

I started to have issues on my LG tv (LG 65NANO79 - 4K TV, WebOs - new TV). I just had "no signal" message everytime I tried to plug the Pi into the TV.
    I used HDMI0 on Pi, nearest to the power plug. Obviously thats the furthest one to the left on my argon one v2 casing. I tried 5 different HDMI cables and no luck.
    Then just for a test I tried to plug it in into HDMI1. And boom, I have picture, everything works except CEC. Couldn't get it to work but that is in my guess because of the fact that HDMI1 port on Pi doesnt support that.

I tried lot of different settings in config.txt, work with edid to get things to work but still just no luck.

I then tried the Pi with my PC monitor (AOC 32" 2k monitor). HDMI1 and HDMI0 worked as expected, yet could not test the CEC here. I started running low on ideas, tried different versions of LE, tried installing OSMC but nothing just worked on HDMI0 port on my LG TV. I started to think that TV is the case. I tried to reset it into factory settings, did some tricks on how to help these issues I found on YouTube but still, nothing helped.

I am not seeking help on forums often but I am absolutely desperate now.

I will be so glad for any help, any ideas, anything.

Thanks guys. :angel: :(

• On my Argon ONE v2 i use the HDMI closest to the 3,5mm output, that works with CEC on my LG plasma.

Then I really don't understand whats going on with my TV. And weirdly, everything worked for over 2 years no problem. Then I decided to upgrade and boom... Then even the older version I was using didnt work.

• Some outputs that might bring some light into the case... it all looks just so weird..

• Hi everyone. I removed the case, bought a new mini hdmi cable (4th one) and things started to work... I don't know why, they just did. All the previous cables were brand new...

• The answer to your problem is as simple as it is frustrating: Your Argon One board has poorly made solder joints between the board and the HDMI jacks and connectors.

I had the same problem and was sent a new board by the manufacturer. I then ordered a second case from the same distributor, which had exactly the same problems with CEC as the first board.

After I re-soldered the solder connections on both defective boards, CEC worked like a charm.

Take a look under a magnifying glass and good light at the connections between the Micro-HDMI connectors and the tracks of the board.

Another problem is the lack of Python 3 support in the script software which causes problems with fan and remote control when using the new version of libreelec (10). It's a shame that such a great case is accompanied by such poor support.

• Hi weizen, I'm wondering if this is the issue with my argon case, I just cannot get any sound when the pi is plugged into my TV. My eyesight is not very good so I'm unable to tell if the tracks are damaged.

I can get it to work with a monitor just not my TV . I then retried with the monitor and there is no sound ...I'm so frustrated with the thing

• Weizen, I am having similar issue and I spoke with Argon40 and they are sending me a replacement board. Did that resolve the issue for you or did you have to solder points on that one as well.

• Weizen, I am having similar issue and I spoke with Argon40 and they are sending me a replacement board. Did that resolve the issue for you or did you have to solder points on that one as well.

The replacement board arrived a week after my complaint and it worked well.

• Hi weizen, I'm wondering if this is the issue with my argon case, I just cannot get any sound when the pi is plugged into my TV. My eyesight is not very good so I'm unable to tell if the tracks are damaged.

I can get it to work with a monitor just not my TV . I then retried with the monitor and there is no sound ...I'm so frustrated with the thing

Try to use the other HDMI channel / socket.

• FYI, I received the new card for one of my Argon One cases and it works as expected on 2 of my TVs. On the third TV I had to set the resolution in cmdline.txt to 720p for it to work.

• I'm getting scared about this Argon posts, I just bought an RPi 4 with an Argon v2 Case and I'm having the same issues as described here.
    I'm still on time to return it, should I do it?