Nightly builds Rpi4 Audio passthrough TrueHD/Master HD not working (huge stutter) anymore

• -As someone mentioned before, DD+ pass-through doesn't work (but when disabled soundbar outputs as PCM)

-High frame rate (60 fps) videos don't work (memory issue or not supported yet? My settings perhaps?)

like the sony sword one: Sony: Swordsmith HDR UHD 4K Demo | 4K Media

DD+ passthrough is broken in kodi Garbled sound with DD+/EAC3 passthrough and official Dolby DD+ 7.1 sample · Issue #19182 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub so leave that disabled

I could play back Sony Swordsmith here, so it would be good if you could post a "pastekodi" log.

50/60fps UHD is quite problematic though. The video driver can't output 4kp50/60 yet and the HEVC decoder in the RPi is also struggling with these files - player debug overlay shows that A/V sync is climbing up. 4kp24/30 files generally work fine though.

so long,

Hias

• DD+ passthrough is broken in kodi Garbled sound with DD+/EAC3 passthrough and official Dolby DD+ 7.1 sample · Issue #19182 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub so leave that disabled

I could play back Sony Swordsmith here, so it would be good if you could post a "pastekodi" log.

50/60fps UHD is quite problematic though. The video driver can't output 4kp50/60 yet and the HEVC decoder in the RPi is also struggling with these files - player debug overlay shows that A/V sync is climbing up. 4kp24/30 files generally work fine though.

so long,

Hias

I tried another similar file Downloads Page - Demolandia but that one stuttered too. I thought it might have been my NAS so played it locally from a USB; was smoother but still jumped around.

• With optical out only AC3 and DTS passthrough is supported. The mediainfo shows it's not a dolby digital but an AAC audio track - that can't be passed through at all, you have to enable AC3 transcoding (then kodi will transcode AAC to AC3 and you get 5.1 sound with your receiver).

so long,

Hias

How does one enable AAC to AC3 transcoding on the RPi4 LibreElec Nightlies? The option is not apparent. Do I need to install a plugin?

• How does one enable AAC to AC3 transcoding on the RPi4 LibreElec Nightlies? The option is not apparent. Do I need to install a plugin?

Change the settings level to advanced or expert and you'll see the options in Settings->System->Audio

so long,

Hias

• Change the settings level to advanced or expert and you'll see the options in Settings->System->Audio

so long,

Hias

The encode option wasn't displayed in advanced or expert profile in the passthru section until I did a return to default values. To my surprise it appeared. bug maybe? Anyhow The transcoding works well. Just an observation. the screen blanks momentarily when changing settings.

Thanks again.

Chook

• The encode option wasn't displayed in advanced or expert profile in the passthru section until I did a return to default values. To my surprise it appeared. bug maybe? Anyhow The transcoding works well. Just an observation. the screen blanks momentarily when changing settings.

Thanks again.

Chook

The Enable Transcode option may only appear if you have 2.0 output configured - as otherwise it is assumed that you'd prefer the higher quality PCM 5.1 output option I think. (The 2.0/5.1/7.1 output setting is really your PCM/analogue output config and isn't related to your passthrough/bitstream speaker config).

If you are using Toslink or ARC which is similarly limited to PCM 2.0 and SPDIF/Toslink bandwidth DD/AC3 (and in some cases DTS) then configuring for 2.0 should bring up the option for transcoding to DD/AC3 underneath the Bitstream DD/AC3 option.

• The Enable Transcode option may only appear if you have 2.0 output configured - as otherwise it is assumed that you'd prefer the higher quality PCM 5.1 output option I think. (The 2.0/5.1/7.1 output setting is really your PCM/analogue output config and isn't related to your passthrough/bitstream speaker config).

If you are using Toslink or ARC which is similarly limited to PCM 2.0 and SPDIF/Toslink bandwidth DD/AC3 (and in some cases DTS) then configuring for 2.0 should bring up the option for transcoding to DD/AC3 underneath the Bitstream DD/AC3 option.

Indeed. Doing a reset to defaults changed the speaker setup from 5.1 to 2.0. If I change it, the trans-code option disappears. My Amp is a Marantz SR5500 so the cleanest way of getting DTS is via TOSLINK. I go to a "HDMI to toslink" splitter which goes directly to the amp in one channel and the TV in another. The HDMI continues to the TV which has a toslink output also. The TV can output to it's internal speaker and optical but can only pass DTS when on an optical only output. LGOLED55PTA . Thanks for the info.

• Device Stops for 2S every 50S to 80S. Screen blanks and audio stops when playing music. It is occurring on nightly releases 20210218 20200219 and 20210220 and possibly earlier.

The device is a RPi4b with 2GB ram.

• Device Stops for 2S every 50S to 80S. Screen blanks and audio stops when playing music. It is occurring on nightly releases 20210218 20200219 and 20210220 and possibly earlier.

The device is a RPi4b with 2GB ram.

Please test with this build LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel-20210205165343-b642f3c.tar

If this has the same issue post debug logs: enable debug logging in kodi, reproduce the issues, then run "pastekodi" via ssh or use the logfile upload function in LibreELEC settings.

Note that screen blanking is often a sign of a bad HDMI cable - especially if you run at 4k resolution. Double-check that and also try running with kodi configured to 1920x1080 (that should work even with crappy HDMI cables).

so long,

Hias

• I'll see if the glitches return today. Initially I haven't been able to reproduce them. Update: I was not able to get the glitches in audio, but was able to get it to glitch in movie playback It 720P resolution. I was unsuccessful pasting the log via the Kodi widget so will try via ssh.

Pastekodi done.

regards

chook

Edited once, last by chook55 (February 21, 2021 at 11:22 PM).

• Hi, I've tested this build:

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210221-f768c9b.img.gz

and it seems the sound problems are still there.

The file is high bandwidth 4K UHD with Atmos:

Video is around 80-100Mbps

Audio is up to 11Mbps

not sure if it's related.

• chook55 Just enter "pastekodi" after you reproduced the issue. This should give you an URL - if not (eg if the paste site is overloaded) try again for a second time. Then post the URL here.

so long,

Hias