Posts by lolek

thanks, mainly keep an eye on the audio hickups and "broken pipe" log messages you initially reported - I think current nightly builds should be fine now though.

Tbh didn't check logs for this but usually when there was a sound problem I could hear it right away. I'll try to check the log next time.

There seem to be occasional audio glitches with HD audio passthrough (which won't show up in logs), we are looking into it but so far I could not reproduce those here.

with the build you gave I could not hear any issues, sound was perfect all the time.

HDR output issues, like banding in the clouds, are also known - fixing those will take a while, kodi and video driver are currently missing several important bits and pieces.

understandable. Tbh it's much less annoying that sound going away in battle scene :D

HiassofT you've asked for a lot of testing. I'll try to do my best to answer your questions.

For now the test build you gave link to works good.

File on USB 3.0 SSD,

FHD with Atmos - no problems video and audio

4k HDR with Atmos - video gets hickups from time to time a small ones like a frame or two is missing. Still clouds problems looks like layers. Sound is great, no hickups, no problems.

I'm attaching the shot of the clouds issue not sure however if this problem should be mentioned in this thread however. The colors are of course invalid, but I had to play with it a bit so the problem would be easily visible.

Hi, I've tested this build:

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210221-f768c9b.img.gz

and it seems the sound problems are still there.

The file is high bandwidth 4K UHD with Atmos:

Video is around 80-100Mbps

Audio is up to 11Mbps

not sure if it's related.

Ok,

then I can say that I'm testing this and I've been able to get FullHD but there's a problem with hmm not sure what exactly.

After about 11-12 mins of playback DTS-HD MA Atmos the sounds starts to hickup AVR is blinks but the video is still there.

In the debug.log the only thing that is printed is this line:

ERROR <general>: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover

right now I'm trying to play with this hint but can't say much only that after applying the fix, the error is gone. Yet the hiccups are still there and are more aggressive with the time. To fix this it's enough to stop and resume playback.

Fix for HDMI sound dropouts - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe

In the beginning the problem could be easily seen just after few mins, but then I've recalled the problem with RPI4 and USB3 transfer rates slowdowns. I've been able to use this hint:

STICKY: If you have a Raspberry Pi 4 and are getting bad speeds transferring data to/from USB3.0 SSDs, read this - Raspberry Pi Forums

which improved things a lot and now the problem occurs as I mentioned in the beginning which is around 11-12 mins.

I may be of course wrong but it kind of looks like it's some kind of buffer issue. The DTS-HD MA requires quite a lot of bandwidth during some extensive action, from what I've found it can be up to 24.5Mbps now if we add there also requirement for video then it if RPi4 has real USB 3 transfer issues, it really look like it could be an issue that's causing the problem.

I'll see if I can get some different chassis for the drive that doesn't need a quirk if I'll test this I'll of course put the info here.

Setup:

Raspberry pi 4

HifiBerry Digi+

so on the start, libreelec is detecting two outputs. One is HDMI and second is hifiberry.

In autostart.sh I'm doing:

1. pactl load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0

2. pactl set-default-sink alsa_output.1 # the hifiberry

3. pactl load-module module-rtp-recv sink=alsa_output.1 # hifiberry

now the problem is that network sink is created just after loading module-udev-detect and sadly it's set default to builtin hdmi. What's worse it has DONT_MOVE flag

hence I can't move it with pacmd/pavucontrol to alsa_output.1 sink. And when I try to play something through network stream it's using hdmi output instead of spdif.

Any idea how to fix this/change the sink for the network stream?

buy logitech smart hub or similar device, it will allow you to use single remote for all devices and can start them in proper sequence (like: TV, then AVR, then RPi), you can also add delays between these devices if needed.

For the record, I have a remote with macros etc, but the main problem is the fact that the tv and amplifier has to be on before kodi/rpi is started.

This is a problem for me as I don't want to start my tv to be able to use kodi remotely especially as it will be used mainly for music.

Also I don't want to always use the remote to turn on everything, come on.. it should work, your proposal is just workaround which I'm already using but it's a no go for long run.

Ok this may be odd but let me try to explain the setup and the outcome:

Rpi4 with libreelec (LibreELEC (official): 9.2.0 (RPi4.arm)) -> AV Receiver -> TV

config.txt has this:

dtparam=audio=on

dtoverlay=gpio-ir (home made ir)

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

gpu_mem=320

force_turbo=0

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

disable_overscan=1

the wifi usually starts up,

so I can login and do: systemctl restart kodi after turning on the receiver and tv.

the prob is that it's a no go to constantly manually login every day to reset it.

Any idea how to fix this issue?