Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• That sounds awesome! I have an 9.2. Installed to internal On my play 2. Any chance there will be a chance to upgrade it?

The changes are in the nightly files now *but* like all LE10+ images it requries clean-install, there is no upgrade. To use the upstream u-boot on the box you need to first boot from the 'box' image then use emmctool to erase emmc (removing all traces of vendor u-boot) and then write the -wetek-play2.img.gz file to emmc. I strongly suggest you experiment with the 'box' image first before doing that, as while the LE11 codebase is quite usable on S905/S905X/S912 devices now, it's not as feature complete as the legacy one. If people do this and then want to go back, I do have a raw disk copy of the factory Android image on emmc which can be restored.

• FEEDBACK for latest LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220617-07254d4-box.img LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220806-7a6f94e-box

Video driver is broken for S912 (Yoka KB2 3/32, both q200 and q201 dtbs): video glitches, decoding errors and freezing.

UI deadlocks randomly too.

Edited once, last by forart (August 7, 2022 at 10:36 AM).

• Video driver is broken for S912 (Yoka KB2 3/32, both q200 and q201 dtbs): video glitches, decoding errors and freezing.

UI deadlocks randomly too.

In terms of technical value, your FEEDBACK is a bit like "my car drives funny, it has rattles and squeaks" /shrug

• The changes are in the nightly files now *but* like all LE10+ images it requries clean-install, there is no upgrade. To use the upstream u-boot on the box you need to first boot from the 'box' image then use emmctool to erase emmc (removing all traces of vendor u-boot) and then write the -wetek-play2.img.gz file to emmc. I strongly suggest you experiment with the 'box' image first before doing that, as while the LE11 codebase is quite usable on S905/S905X/S912 devices now, it's not as feature complete as the legacy one. If people do this and then want to go back, I do have a raw disk copy of the factory Android image on emmc which can be restored.

Thank you for the answer. Looking forward to try this next month!

• Sorry, let me know how can I feedback better (log file ?).

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Hi. Is Optical Audio Port something that is already supported in mainline kernel? just asking because my box has one, I've never used before but I thought about turning some old speakers into airplay speakers but there's not audio output and I'm pretty bad with messing with ALSA on Linux. Thank you and sorry to bother.

• Hmm.. the Tbee dts has the device-tree plumbing in-place. Have you selected the S/PDIF output in Kodi settings? You shouldn't need to make any changes to alsa settings as the routing for S/PDIF should be set by default.

• wedok I think the thread you started was deleted (as requested). I haven't had much feedback on the Minix U1 device-tree (why it's not been sent upstream yet) so I'd be interested in seeing some current logs. I've also added some experimental support for the headphone output on the box which I need to get tested.

Please put this on the box: https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE…arm-10.85.0.tar

Run "dmesg | paste" and share the URL so I can see the boot log. The headphone output should just work if you connect something?

• Hmm.. the Tbee dts has the device-tree plumbing in-place. Have you selected the S/PDIF output in Kodi settings? You shouldn't need to make any changes to alsa settings as the routing for S/PDIF should be set by default.

Weird, I don't see the S/PDIF output in the Kodi Settings, I've never tried it on Android, but the red light on the port is on.

• Weird, I don't see the S/PDIF output in the Kodi Settings, I've never tried it on Android, but the red light on the port is on.

If I remember it correctly (years ago) I had to choose HDMI, Also s/pdif only supports 2 channel audio and ac3 (5.1) passthrough. You need to deselect all the other audio formats in the settings, so that Kodi will transcode these other formats to ac3 format. The number of channels should be on 2.0 (you will still get 5.1 on ac3 passthrough)

• If I remember it correctly (years ago) I had to choose HDMI, Also s/pdif only supports 2 channel audio and ac3 (5.1) passthrough. You need to deselect all the other audio formats in the settings, so that Kodi will transcode these other formats to ac3 format. The number of channels should be on 2.0 (you will still get 5.1 on ac3 passthrough)

Even with HDMI selected and 2 channels, it doesn't output any audio. I'm using the same cable that works on my TV with the same sound bar, also the sound bar shows a red LED, indicating there's no audio coming out.