LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.3

• Mario77 it's very puzzling that a fresh install of 9.2.3 worked but then failed after restoring the backup.

Could you try installing 9.2.3 fresh again and then ssh in and post the output of

Code
    journalctl -a | pastebinit
    cat /proc/cpuinfo | pastebinit

Also try using 9.2.3 with stock configuration for a bit (eg play local media, reboot) and see how that works.

Testing with another SD card may also be worth a try, maybe the one you were using is starting to fail (that would explain why boot failed after restoring backup).

so long,

Hias

• As this is NOT the area to gripe about issues, I'd just like to thank everyone responsible for this software. The update went flawlessly on both my NUC and Rpi3B setups.

• HiassofT

Fresh install works fine..but if I update from 9.2.1 it doesn't start...

journalctl

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Thanks for the info - nothing unusual in the logs, except you voided warranty due to overclocking :)

Have you tried updating 9.2.1 with stock config.txt? There were quite a lot overclocking/overcurrent settings in there...

It would be good to rule out any issues that could be caused by overclock, marginal power supply or dying SD cards (which still are the most common issues with RPi).

Also some more testing with your stock 9.2.3 installation would be interesting.

so long,

Hias

• Just installed 9.2.3 over 9.2.2 and its fixed X265 issues I had with tearing, its also fixed the x265 OSD menu black screen and jumping issues I had :D

everything else seems to just feel smoother.

• Sd card in an usb reader will that faster boot up LE instead of sd card in the sd slot?

so long

• HiassofT

Issue is over voltage

Cannot be set higher then

Code
     over_voltage=3

from =4 upwards LE 9.2.3 doesn't start..at least mine..on RPi2.

overclock settings don't matter..tried a few and they all work..

Thanks..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (June 6, 2020 at 12:17 AM).

• Just installed 9.2.3 over 9.2.2 and its fixed X265 issues I had with tearing, its also fixed the x265 OSD menu black screen and jumping issues I had :D

everything else seems to just feel smoother.

how about tearing in the menu’s etc?

• Sd card in an usb reader will that faster boot up LE instead of sd card in the sd slot?

Probably not, because USB enumeration will take a bit. I haven't done any speed / time tests, just checked if my USB2 SD card reader (which probably isn't too fast anyways) worked.

so long,

Hias

• Hi Dennis

If you'r overvolting set it to over_voltage=3 or lower and it should boot up normally.

• Probably not, because USB enumeration will take a bit. I haven't done any speed / time tests, just checked if my USB2 SD card reader (which probably isn't too fast anyways) worked.

so long,

Hias

I will try if it work and if it is faster...

so long