LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.3

• Official Post

Source: LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.3 – LibreELEC

• "In this initial release 1080p playback behaviour and performance on the 4B are broadly on-par with the previous 3B/3B+ model, except for HEVC media which is now hardware decoded and massively improved. New 4K video capabilities still have plenty of rough edges to be smoothed out, but the Pi Foundation developers have been pushing fixes to the test team at a phenomenal rate over the last month and that will continue as the userbase expands."

I'm pretty sure, that's a copy and paste from a release nearly 6 months ago, isn't it?

• "In this initial release 1080p playback behaviour and performance on the 4B are broadly on-par with the previous 3B/3B+ model, except for HEVC media which is now hardware decoded and massively improved. New 4K video capabilities still have plenty of rough edges to be smoothed out, but the Pi Foundation developers have been pushing fixes to the test team at a phenomenal rate over the last month and that will continue as the userbase expands."

I'm pretty sure, that's a copy and paste from a release nearly 6 months ago, isn't it?

Worse.. Its copy paste since first 9.1 ALPHA in June 2019... so the phenomenal rate over last year and my Rpi 4 still suffer from tearing in menu and random crashes :(

• Official Post

The primary goal for the initial launch codebase on RPi4 (Linux 4.19) is to not regress/break anything. All development focussed on pushing forwards to better performance and new features like HDR is focussed on newer kernels and GBM/V4L2. This is currently based on Linux 5.4 and we are close to switching LE master branch (will be LE10 in the future) testing to this codebase. Tearing has been resolved in the future codebase for some time.

• Worse.. Its copy paste since first 9.1 ALPHA in June 2019... so the phenomenal rate over last year and my Rpi 4 still suffer from tearing in menu and random crashes :(

They are working on the graphics driver - it's bigger than the LibreElec team.

I assure you, I get it - My Pi4 is barely quicker than a Pi3B+ or even my Pi3B (!!!) - the video playback is flawless for me (PHEW!) but the UI? it's a bit clunky for something with 4x the memory, double the CPU and better GPU

It's not their fault though.

• If just installed the newest update un my Raspberry Pi 2.

After the installation, the system went out/black/no power...

When I shut down the power and reconnect it, it tried to startup, but after a few seconds it went out again.

Who has the same problem or knows how to solve it !?

BR, Dennis

• Hi,

will there be an extra package with the update files?

Unfortunately, neither the manual nor the automatic update to 9.2.3 works for me (RPi 4 and 9.2.1).

• Updated Rpi2 with 9.2.3 now just got a black screen...no libreelec welcome screen..no ssh..

Did you overclock your RPi? If yes, please try removing any overclock settings from config.txt.

I just tested a fresh LE 9.2.3 installation on RPi2 and it worked fine.

so long,

Hias

• Does this release include the latest firmware required for USB boot?

LE 9.2.3 ships with the May 27 RPi firmware which has initial support for USB boot.

Note however that RPi4 USB boot is in early beta testing stage and you also need the beta bootloader EEPROM update which is not included in LE.

So while it may be possible to boot LE 9.2.3 from USB (it worked for me with the LE SD card in a USB cardreader) it's not something we support ATM or even encourage you to try.

If you run into issues it's best to test with the Raspberry Pi OS (former Raspbian) instead of LibreELEC - chances are high that there are issues with several USB devices/adapters. Check the instructions in the USB boot thread on the RPi forum USB-MSD boot EEPROM update - 2020-05-28 - Raspberry Pi Forums and report issues there.

so long,

Hias

• Just upgraded a RPi2 fresh 9.2.1 to 9.2.3 without issues.

Also fresh install of 9.2.3 works.

Maybe removing "quiet" from /flash/cmdline.txt will give more information.

Hi

removed quite from cmdline and booted..nothing...

removed overclock ....nothing...

copied a fresh config.txt from a new install...nothing

New install works fine tough...now waiting for my latest backup to restore..

restore didn't work either

Edited once, last by Mario77 (June 5, 2020 at 5:52 PM).

• cmd line is this

Code
    boot=UUID=0303-2219 disk=UUID=535ef1f2-87b8-43f9-ad36-036077bb50d3 quiet 

Config is this but even tried it with a fresh install of 9.2.3 and then restored a backup from 9.2.1 and did the same..didn't start

Typo in config_hdmi_booxx=0 is because is the real word is censored..wouldn't let me post it..