Posts by majlou

The 4k 24 FPS files I tested with (8 and 10bit HEVC) played fine. Can't say anything about 50/60 FPS as video driver doesn't support 50/60 Hz yet.

Good news. I meant UHD Bluray remuxes. I bought RPi4 a year a go to play them, but in scenes with bit rate over 60mbit it starts dropping frames, ~100mbit is choppy then. So Im still hoping...

"In this initial release 1080p playback behaviour and performance on the 4B are broadly on-par with the previous 3B/3B+ model, except for HEVC media which is now hardware decoded and massively improved. New 4K video capabilities still have plenty of rough edges to be smoothed out, but the Pi Foundation developers have been pushing fixes to the test team at a phenomenal rate over the last month and that will continue as the userbase expands."

I'm pretty sure, that's a copy and paste from a release nearly 6 months ago, isn't it?

Worse.. Its copy paste since first 9.1 ALPHA in June 2019... so the phenomenal rate over last year and my Rpi 4 still suffer from tearing in menu and random crashes :(