Meson 8* Lives!

• You can provide me a dmesg log but controllers dont need any configuration they should be plug and play. Can i have the controller model you are connectiing please?

• You can provide me a dmesg log but controllers dont need any configuration they should be plug and play. Can i have the controller model you are connectiing please?

Hi. After some tries I found why the controllers weren't working, it seems like just one of the usb port works here. Xbox 360 Controller and Series X works fine (from the USB Port), I have no Wifi, Bluetooth (AP6330) or ethernet, ethernet has a weird IP Adresss, DHCP broken probably, I'll attach image bellow. Any way to get logs without internet connection ? Thanks.

• Some more exciting news coming up for this old champ:

I have ported Batocera Linux RetroGaming Firmware on this soc thanks to Martin Blumenstingl excellent work!

You can try and test it here

batocera-s812-30-20210214.img.gz | by Demetris. for MXQ TV Box

It should be able to boot straight on a MXIII-G/PLUS S812 board for the others you now the drill of renaming the dtb.

Is S802 a feasible release for the future? (MXIII 2GB/8GB)

• Hi Demetris,

I try your image but for some reason the TV said mode not supported. Move OTT M8S box to different TV. and try to boot up. Again it said "Mode not supported". My TV is support 1080P. Please advise.

Thanks,

• Martin has been implementing the HDMI driver and audio support. There is progress, but it's slow progress. `Development reached the point where some of the retro-gaming distros which don't have such a dependency on audio/video things are now using the upstream codebase.

• Martin has been implementing the HDMI driver and audio support. There is progress, but it's slow progress. `Development reached the point where some of the retro-gaming distros which don't have such a dependency on audio/video things are now using the upstream codebase.

Very exciting. Thanks.

• The AMLMX image is more POC than usable. Most of the boot workflow is still rough/broken or being discovered (more u-boot archaeology needed) but if you know enough about LE boot processes and have UART cables attached then it's not too hard to bodge something and get something booted. S802/S805 should get Kodi up. S812 will boot but 8/10 boots will result in CPU stalls (disabling CPU cores to make it a single core device solves that so but there's been no Eureka moment yet). There's also no vdec at the current time. Otherwise Linux 5.17-rc4 boots and generally things sort of work. You're welcome to play around with the image, but don't expect too much.

• hey chewy i have 2 old arnu (formally armada) mach 10 v1 (32bit boxes they made a v2 64bit box running a s905) however mine are the v1 s812 8gb ram 16gb rom currently running a branded version of (ember formally mx linux) stuck on 17.6

know of any way to get them running kodi version 19.x any help would be appreciated

as anyone that brought a arnu box of this variant are in limbo as arnu have vanished as has ember

• Some more exciting news coming up for this old champ:

I have ported Batocera Linux RetroGaming Firmware on this soc thanks to Martin Blumenstingl excellent work!

You can try and test it here

batocera-s812-30-20210214.img.gz | by Demetris. for MXQ TV Box

It should be able to boot straight on a MXIII-G/PLUS S812 board for the others you now the drill of renaming the dtb.

Hello, please provide a working link. Very necessary. Thank you!

• I rebased my experimental AMLMX image (for Meson 8 devices) on LE master branch using Martin B's latest Linux 6.2-rc kernel yesterday. It's completely untested as I don't have a spare monitor to use at the moment, and prob. needs some manual fiddling to boot on some devices due to the prehistoric u-boot versions being used (UART cables may be required) but people are welcome to play:

https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img.gz

• There's only one upstream developer working on Meson8 support (Martin B) and he has a busy day job so output comes and goes depending on when he has some free time (and enthusiasm). I rebased the pre-pre-Alpha AMLMX image on LE master and Martin's latest kernel branch one month ago and built this image:

https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img.gz

It's been boot tested by a couple of people but might need some manual finessing of the u-boot environment to get it booting - I one have one Meson8 box (and one board) and vendor u-boot from 2013 is an archaeology experience, so the scripts used to hook and boot into LE aren't finalised.

You are welcome to report bugs (there will be some) but this is completely unsupported :)