[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• sonofdibnah "Reboot from internal" is only available in Estuary Skin but should be always available.

Thanks kszaq. I'd changed to confluence skin but never considered that as the cause. It looks like this dinosaur needs to get used to Estuary.
    [hr]
    All my remote buttons work in Estuary!

Edited once, last by sonofdibnah (January 14, 2017 at 10:04 AM).

• It looks like this dinosaur needs to get used to Estuary.

I've tried to get used to it. I've tried to like it.
    To me it's like using Bootcamp and booting my Mac Mini into Windows.
    It's all over the place. Click here and there and click again to get wherever.

• Kszak, Sorry for the misleading statement that all remote keys work in Estuary. I've just realised that I'd gone back to a previous version to see if Reboot From Internal was available on it. When I read your reply, I changed the skin to Estuary and simply forgot what I'd done.

Can't believe that I could be so daft.

• I've tried to get used to it. I've tried to like it.
    To me it's like using Bootcamp and booting my Mac Mini into Windows.
    It's all over the place. Click here and there and click again to get wherever.

Same here. Estuary is just a mess IMHO.

If you haven't tried it yet have a look at the new version of Mimic for Krypton. It's been simplified from Jarvis.
    I find that it's very clean and requires relatively few clicks to get things done.

• kszaq:

GREAT JOB :cool:

8.07.90.beta1 is the first amlogic build, that has a working hardware-acceleration for my zattoo-tv!

So it works better for me at the moment, than the "official" Odroid-C2 build v7.90.010 alpha.

Cheers
    Mark

• kszaq: first thank a lot for your great job, I'll pay you a coffee as soon :). I have a mxq and mxv and libreelec works fine,
    I want to share a couple of tricks:

- on mxv to power led blue just add to
    "/storage/.config/autostart.sh" this line:
    echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/m201_costdown\:\:front/brightness

- AVerMedia HD Volar (A867) works fine with this trick:
    Add external power supply you have to cut red cable on usb extension cable near to end, solder only to the usb tv tuner red cable to the external 5v power (at least 1 ampere) and then both side of black cable to the gnd of external power supply.

This with 7.90.beta1, but with 7.90.beta2 dvb-t2 stops working fine after 5 minutes with lot of glitches, maybe for this change: disabled AML_I2C to possibly fix some external DVB tuners.

Bye
    Paolo
    Ps: external powered usb hub not works with mxq and usb tv stick (kernel bug?)

Edited once, last by Akir4d (January 18, 2017 at 3:46 PM).

• @all 7.90beta2 build posted in OP - fixes and improvements included.

Really big thanks to Peak3D who redesigned AML decoder in Kodi Krypton. Thank to his hard work and patience we can now have near-perfect HW-accelerated video playback in Kodi Krypton!

I'm currently rebuilding addons and will update repositories soon.

Really big thanks to Peak3D who redesigned AML decoder in Kodi Krypton. Thank to his hard work and patience we can now have near-perfect HW-accelerated video playback in Kodi Krypton!

...all functions of the original remote of my red striped MXQ are working again with 7.90beta2.

Using the build before, the volume up and volume down bottoms did not work.

So I'm lucky[emoji3] All functions and addons, I have in use (expecially Zattoo IPTV) are working very smooth with the beta2[emoji106]

Cheers
    Mark

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

Do these updates fix 23.97 automatic refresh playback?

Edit: it doesn't.

Edited once, last by blinkmxq (January 16, 2017 at 3:51 AM).

• I've upgraded this beta2 build on my MXQ seems fine. I only noticed that the screen is black when it is trying to play the 2nd video from a folder which contains multiple files if the "Play next video automatically" is enabled.

But the 2nd video plays fine if OSD is on.

Edited once, last by mickr (January 16, 2017 at 7:26 PM).

• The playback stutters. However upon further testing, 25fps (at 50hz or 60hz) is also just as bad no matter whether automatic refresh is enabled or disabled.

Make sure you don't have CPU-intensive tasks/addons running in background. In Kodi 17 + Amlogic smooth playback depends a lot on free CPU resources.

• Make sure you don't have CPU-intensive tasks/addons running in background. In Kodi 17 + Amlogic smooth playback depends a lot on free CPU resources.

I've only tested on a completely stock installation with no addons or even library import. On my 23.96fps x264 1080p movies (~12G), it will stutter during fast camera movement which makes action movies unwatchable. Try skipping to a fast scene in any action movie to see. Depending on whether auto refresh is enabled or disabled, the movie will either stutter by skipping, or slowing down and speeding up very quickly. My 25fps planet earth II also stutters more consistently whether auto refresh (50hz) is on or off (60hz).

My s905x performs a bit better on krypton than the s805 with these videos, making me believe it really is a performance issue with the faster scenes. However, for similar performance issues (but with 4k), it's also staying on jarvis for now.

Edited once, last by blinkmxq (January 18, 2017 at 12:35 AM).

• Sorry for being a noob but is it possible to upgrade from beta 1 to latest? I only see the link for the image, is there an upgrade tarball or do I have to reimage my sd card and set everything up again? Thanks

• Sorry for being a noob but is it possible to upgrade from beta 1 to latest? I only see the link for the image, is there an upgrade tarball or do I have to reimage my sd card and set everything up again? Thanks

Just copy the image file to the .update folder and reboot. No need to wipe your data and settings.

• Kszaq,

Thank you for your great work!

I installed it internally on my MXQ. Everything works except one thing. I have a video with x265 and AAC 5.1 for this I could not play the sound, picture is playing perfectly with the subtitle, but no sound. The MXQ is connected to the amp by HDMI and all other video plays with sound for AAC 2.0, DTS and DD. I can play the same video on Mini MX 1G with your LE 7.0.2.003 perfectly on the same amp with HDMI connection. I used the same sound setup on both MXQ and Mini MX in Kodi.

Thanks,

Running LibreELEC 7.90 (beta2) on Beelink MXQ (S805)
    Running LibreELEC 7.0.2.003 on Beelink Mini MX (S905)

Edited once, last by anemeth (January 18, 2017 at 3:22 PM).