[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• using latest 8.0.2c with s905x, is it normal for 4k 10bit hdr videos to appear washed out on non-hdr tvs? kodi can't do hdr to sdr? no issues on playing the file other than it looks washed out. thanks.

• If raspberry pi doesn't have NAND, but libreelec works.

Why do you compare to RPi? It is designed to boot from SD card. Your box is not.

If the twrp runs with the uboot into sdcard in bricked nexbox.

If you can run TWRP, you should also be able to flash stock ROM. Please don't ask me how, I cannot guide you.

Why does not libreelec install in nexbox without NAND?

Because it is not designed to do so. Every box needs a different bootloader and I'd have to create 100s of builds only because of this. My builds require a working bootloader (u-boot) in internal memory.

• HDR is not supported including conversion to SDR. The reason is that if you play a video with decoding in hardware, hardware has to deal with HDR to SDR conversion, not Kodi. The conversion is poorly implemented in current kernel. This has improved a lot in Nougat kernel which is not yet implemented in my builds. Curretnly johngalt is working on fixing Amlogic bugs in Nougat kernel and improving picture modes support (and he's doing great!).

• Why do you compare to RPi? It is designed to boot from SD card. Your box is not.

If you can run TWRP, you should also be able to flash stock ROM. Please don't ask me how, I cannot guide you.

Because it is not designed to do so. Every box needs a different bootloader and I'd have to create 100s of builds only because of this. My builds require a working bootloader (u-boot) in internal memory.

FANTASTIC!!!! It worked out, It worked out. I got to install and run libreelec on bricked nexbox by sdcard. I created the installer sdcard following your tutorial, after I put uboot in that with BootcardMaker.exe. My nexbox aren't lost 😂😂😂😂. I'm sorry everybody. A thousand excuses for the confusing questions, but I guess no one tried before putting the uboot on the sdcard installer of libreelec. I surfed a lot on the internet and nobody discovered this alternative to the bricked android boxes. I'm very happy. Thanks for your help.

• Hello,

I have a Tronsmart S905 box loaded with 8.01k, back then using Winscp without a problem. Today I am trying to update it to the latest version and I am failing to connect via SSH, or FTP. It just refuses all connections.

Any idea how to solve that?

Or maybe is there another way to seed the update file into the .update/ directory?

• Hello,

I have a Tronsmart S905 box loaded with 8.01k, back then using Winscp without a problem. Today I am trying to update it to the latest version and I am failing to connect via SSH, or FTP. It just refuses all connections.

Any idea how to solve that?

Or maybe is there another way to seed the update file into the .update/ directory?

enable samba, then transfer the file.

• Hi, is there any other Device Tree that I could try out to fix my audio???