[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• i tested and went back to version L. Video quality on MM kernel is not good enough i keep at Nougat

Wtf?! 8|

I see absolutely no difference here and the Marshmallow kernel is way more stable (for now).

Maybe later a full Nougat implementation might be better.

• You should consider to watch a decent quality rip instead of this...

Wtf?! 8|

I see absolutely no difference here and the Marshmallow kernel is way more stable (for now).

Maybe later a full Nougat implementation might be better.

In the term of stability may be mm kernel is better but in term of picture quality nougat is best in every aspect...

• first of all I m just begginer unable to provide log?

I have also frame skip on x265 on mm kernel

Did you read the entire 1st page? Support/bugs will only be investigated/taken seriously if you post a log of some sort. Or at least a sample of the EXACT video file that is causing issues for you. Post it here, so others can test it and try to duplicate it. There are far too many differences among video files - what kind of x265 file? Resolution? 10 or 8bit? .... etc

No one can help you if you don't provide evidence/logs/sample.

You later said in your next post that you don't know how to make logs. Here is some reading material :) so you can learn how to accomplish this:

Code
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=HOW_TO:Provide_Logfile
    Code
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=LibreELEC_FAQ#How_do_I_create_a_logfile.3F

what's up I m waiting eagerly full NOUGAT KERNel

If you read the 1st post on page 1, you'll see there is NO ETA for the full Nougat kernel. Kszaq is a very busy guy and does this voluntarily on his free time. It requires a LOT of work, so it might take a long time, but we have no idea.

Good luck my friend! :)

• boot from an SD and it works correctly, I access SSH and execute the command "installointernal" to install libreelec on the internal flash.

When I run the "installinternal" command, the following message appears:

Can not get mtd information for /dev/nand_env

When I restart the tvbox without the SD does not start, the screen is black.

The command should be "installtointernal". I'm not sure if you forgot the "to" part or if was a typo on your post. I had to run "installtointernal" twice like the instructions says because first boot failed giving "error press any key to shutdown"

• 8.0.2a works well. My wifi has started to work and the wifi password authentication problem is gone. However, the videos are darker and the contrast is higher. This was not an issue in 8.0.1k version. Is there any way to get around this issue?

• 8.0.2a works well. My wifi has started to work and the wifi password authentication problem is gone. However, the videos are darker and the contrast is higher. This was not an issue in 8.0.1k version. Is there any way to get around this issue?

I experience the same on Nexbox a905x 1gb/16 - darker video and washed out appearance. How does the kernal affect this, drivers? If drivers, is this configurable?

it is because of marshmallow kernel...

• I do see 3 files, viz. LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a-temp_sensor_disabled.tar, LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a.img.gz and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a.tar

I'm interested in the 'temp sensor disabled' build but unlike the previous build (1l), which had a respective image (img.gz), how do I go about using Rufus to write a .tar file to an SD card?

with rufus burn 1L and then upgrade to 8.0.2

• Hi everyone, my last chance to make my s905x works properly is libreELEC...

i'm one of those very unlucky owner of a Sony Bravia and still i've not lost all hopes in make it works without the green/red screen caused by color depth problem (YUV/RGB conversion)

Can someone confirm that in version 8.x.x of LibreELEC is that annoying problem solved? I searched all over internet to find a suitable solution and looks like LibreELEC is the only one that provided it in some way

• I used test videos (actually same as off avs forum).

I'll grab some photos, but I found out the behavior of full or limited black levels changed between nougat and marshmallow kernels which is where the difference lies: not whether the display is hdr capable. Mix in that many current displays have broken "auto" black level (like Samsung's entire lineup), this is why some of us have seen the black changes, and others haven't.

I decided to play a bit and have two branches: one amlogic-3.14.y-new branch that has only nougat ucode PQ changes and banding issue fix (the "range_control" related commits gone), and another with pure nougat kernel (without media_build) I'm working on.

• Hi everyone, my last chance to make my s905x works properly is libreELEC...

i'm one of those very unlucky owner of a Sony Bravia and still i've not lost all hopes in make it works without the green/red screen caused by color depth problem (YUV/RGB conversion)

Can someone confirm that in version 8.x.x of LibreELEC is that annoying problem solved? I searched all over internet to find a suitable solution and looks like LibreELEC is the only one that provided it in some way

There is already a dedicated thread about this with solutions:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/1129-s905-hdmi-handshake-color-space-problem-with-older-tvs/?postID=13880#post13880

• Great Update, I think the youtube videos are playing better for me now.

There used to be a sound delay. I started the video and sound "popped" in a bit later.

I thought its my avr's fault but now videos seem to play with sound from the very start.

• The command should be "installtointernal". I'm not sure if you forgot the "to" part or if was a typo on your post. I had to run "installtointernal" twice like the instructions says because first boot failed giving "error press any key to shutdown"

Yes, It is a typo error in post, the command correct is Installtointernal.

• Time to time I compare the newest Krypton build to the latest Jarvis I use.

Right now I compared 7.0.3.012l to 8.0.2a with a sample from Passengers.2016.UHD.2160p.HEVC.HDR10.DTS-HD.5.1

In the Krypton it looks very bad on my tv (which is not HDR capable).

There are no black at all:

All of my BT2020 videos look the same.

Same sample in Jarvis looks far better:

On Win10 Kodi 17.3 (it's a screenshot not the same as the other two):

Edited 2 times, last by Pelican (May 30, 2017 at 7:38 PM).