[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Thanks for responding regarding the flickering issues. I can't reproduce so will continue building for myself with the patch.
    I totally understand the revert since given the reported issue it makes sense. Worth noting that with the patch some users could confirm that 4:4:4 was being used from AVR or TV info.

Thank you for the build and support as usual.

• I've got a CS668 Android Box and it boots kszac's LE nicely. Thanks for all your hard work kszaq!

I'd like to use it as a wireless ap. I've tried enabling tethering in LE settings - the access point becomes visible on my phone, but when I try to connect it tells me the password is incorrect. I am definitely entering the correct password.

I'm not trying to bridge to another network. My intent is to use LE on the CS668 as a DLNA server on a long haul flight, streaming content stored on the device to VLC on my family's ipads.

Not sure where I could look to troubleshoot the issue. Is there some sort of debugging I can enable?
    I'd like to be able to tail a log while I'm logging in to the access point. As the network is not connected yet at this stage ssh is not an option. Does LE support linux virtual console (alt-f2) on s905x?

Cheers,
    Steve

Edited once, last by ssabljak (April 24, 2017 at 6:45 AM).

• Hello all.

The audio *ANALOG* goes nuts ( some sort of white noise extremely LOUD) just before the LibreElec screen comes up, and stays like that for about 14 seconds, then disappears as it is finishing loading up Kodi. I does it on both 7 and 8 releases.

Any suggestions on how to mute it?

Thanks,

Gary

PS Thanks kzaq for all your work. It is quite the daunting task to make this builds.

I had this issue on earlier 8.x.x build but this ha snow gone on the later builds. It does go away if you select a menu item I found
    [hr]

There are some cheap chinese wlan chips without Linux drivers.
    There are a lot of wireless drivers in the builds.

Thanks, that makes sense

Funny isn't it - you look on Amazon and Googbang Doos are supplied by Goobang Doo UK so you think 'ahhhh they must be ok'.

I can get around the problem by using a Homeplug. Hard wired ethernet is normally best for streaming anyway.

Plikmuny - I know Kszaq has replied to you. Can you substantiate what you say i.e. 'versions 8.0.1a,b,c,d used to work with wifi but when I upgraded to e onwards it stopped working'. Or something like that.

I suppose from my perspective I would ask 'does anyone have a Goobang Doo that uses wireless'. And if so what model.

Just some feedback and another thanks to Kszaq for al his hard work. I am up at 8.0.1g on both the GooBang boxes I have (hard wired) and they are rock solid. Keep up the great work

Edited once, last by archercj (April 24, 2017 at 9:23 AM).

• Is the TV streaming fixed in h?

I am running both tvheadend server and client on my Beelink MiniMx3 and had issuses with "E", "F" and "G", so had to continually revert back to the "C" version. This "H" version is working very nicely with my live and recorded TV shows, so I guess at this point I will be staying with this "H" version.

• I am running both tvheadend server and client on my Beelink MiniMx3 and had issuses with "E", "F" and "G", so had to continually revert back to the "C" version. This "H" version is working very nicely with my live and recorded TV shows, so I guess at this point I will be staying with this "H" version.

Good to hear/read, thank you. I will update later and test it myself.

• What are the advantages of the 64-bit version? How it can be used for our boxes?

There are no real advantages that I know of. Unless if some code would take advantage of 64bit.
    Perhaps even some disadvantages: 64bit sure needs more memory/diskspace and has less addons supported.
    But, it might be OK for people having enough RAM and only modest addon requirements.
    Works for me (mainly used as DVB-T server and client).
    Switching from/to 32/64 bit on same storage medium needs some care. I never tried it though, so I cannot comment.
    So, running from dedicated (fast) SD card is probably safest approach to try out.

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (April 24, 2017 at 4:54 PM).

• Great builds as always.

Has anybody else ever have it the resolution is greyed out and it won't switch from 720 to 1080/4k when i film starts, until a reboot.
    also, anyway to change the led colour on the box, when running the stock firmware you an change the led colour with a button on the remote, this no longer works with this build installed.

Thanks

Matt

• After some testing, I can confirm the earlier report that 10bit output is first cut down to 8 bit on these LE 8 builds, but not on the LE 7 builds. I've unfortunately downgraded to a LE7 build with some of the patch commits from 8 cherry picked.

Could this issue be added to the known issues in OP so others know they can get rid of banding on 10 bit videos by downgrading?

• Hi,

With none of the existing dtd-files I get the ethernet of my box to work. I have extracted the dtd from the original firmware, but LE does not start with this file. How do I get it to work with the extracted dtd? :huh:

My device-tree ... thread-1223-post-46846.html#pid46846

thx 4 help

After you created the boot image on to a microsd card, Did you delete the dtb file on the sd card? & then rename the new dtb file to dtb.img"

You need a dtb file from the list in the installation instructions, which of course you have already read.

Index of /s905/device_trees/

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (April 24, 2017 at 6:53 PM).

• Yes, the steps are clear to me, i did it as you say, and it's not the first box i updated with LE.
    I get this box running with the dtds from the list, but only wifi works. Ethernet works only with Android-FW.

• sry, yes i mean dtb! and yes i tried all ! gxbb_xx from the list! and some more which i found by Google search...

And because all attempts are unsuccessful, I now wanted to use the extracted file.

Edited once, last by cs301 (April 24, 2017 at 7:39 PM).