[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• EBAL You should probably use a device tree for device with 100M Ethernet. Also make sure if your box is S905 or S905X.

Thanks kszaq. I thought my box is S905.

I will try the dtb which alexeiyo suggested as we have the same box. Alexeiyo, does the remote work correctly with this dtb?

Edited once, last by EBAL (April 20, 2017 at 6:29 PM).

• Thanks kszaq. I thought my box is S905.

I will try the dtb which alexeiyo suggested as we have the same box. Alexeiyo, does the remote work correctly with this dtb?

Yes it works well with the device's RC .
    I'd recommend to control it by CEC if your tv supports it.
    In the worst case, use remote key mapper addon to assign any key on any remote to any kodi function.
    My father's tv doesn't support CEC, so he uses quickplay's infrared rc.

Edited once, last by alexeiyo (April 20, 2017 at 6:40 PM).

• LE is a lightweight OS, you shouldn't worry about low memory consumption.
    [hr]
    EBAL You should probably use a device tree for device with 100M Ethernet. Also make sure if your box is S905 or S905X.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand. But I would prefer to use the exact device's device tree (dtb) file. I can download android image from the manufacturer's site, but android is not installed on my device. I've installed libreelec to internal storage. Is there any advantage in specific device dtb versus generic like 2GB_100Mb?

Edited once, last by alexeiyo (April 20, 2017 at 7:05 PM).

• if you have a Pro 4k, you need the p212 dtb file, not the p200. Double check your version in the About setting in Android or use CPU-Z

Thanks for your sugestion, but I definitely need p200 because SoC in my box is s905.
    Box boots from SD with any of the gxbb_p200 dtbs but only with gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb it boots from NAND.
    Unfortunately, as dmesg shows no i2s and sound :)
    It did boot from NAND and sound was OK with some older gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, so I suspect that new dtbs introduced a bug.

•  kszaq, is there any chance that you will enable dual languages hardware keyboard layout switching in nearest builds? all foreigners really miss it after x86 LE versions.

• The original dtb works great if you can live without sound, wifi, bluetooth, etc.

In my case, the sound and wifi do work. I can't cause the box to be switched on by CEC, though. Didn't copy any dtb to the fat32 partition and there is no default one exist either.

• In my case, the sound and wifi do work. I can't cause the box to be switched on by CEC, though. Didn't copy any dtb to the fat32 partition and there is no default one exist either.

From How To Install #1
    Quote "2. S905X: Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount. If internal memory of your box is not visible when trying to install to internal memory, try a device tree with _nand suffix.

• After the not so fine working 8.0.1g I went back to 8.0.1e
    and realised, it still seems to have problems with the TV
    streaming. As if pandora's box was opened now. :)

I will try c or d today and see, where this leads to.

• I bought an Android box - Goobang Doo Abox A2 - a while back and removed the Android o/s and boot up off NAND to the latest version of Librelelec posted on this thread. Works a treat with hard wired Ethernet (which is all I need for that box).

Anyway after having a mare (I plugged the wrong power lead into it) my MiniMX is now knackered so I bought a cheaper version of the Goobang Doo.

As both are S905X I ran the installtointernal procedure to wipe Android then restored a backup of the Abox 2. Once again that worked a treat and I have a fully working wired ethernet box.

But this second box need to be able to WiFi. But when I go into connections there is no WiFi listed just the hard wired Ethernet. I tried the Abox A2 as well which at first showed all the WiFi connections but then these disappeared showing just the hard wired Ethernet.

Both these boxes are S905X and I note from the downloads that there is not an option for WiFi unlike the S905 builds, Just NAND or no NAND and 1GB or 2GB.

So my question is - is WiFi supported on the S905X build?

• But this second box need to be able to WiFi. But when I go into connections there is no WiFi listed just the hard wired Ethernet. I tried the Abox A2 as well which at first showed all the WiFi connections but then these disappeared showing just the hard wired Ethernet.

Unplug ethernet and reboot. See if that works.

• Hi guys, does the f or g build improve the speed of opening an addon. I have noticed that since moving from 7 to 8 that there appears to now be a 10 second delay in the addon opening when selected.

• Unplug ethernet and reboot. See if that works.

Cheers Kostaman. I had tried that. Also tried reinstalling the latest version with different device trees. Not unsurprisingly when I did it with an S905 device tree (which had wifi support) the device became very sluggish and my mini keyboard stopped working

• Hi guys, does the f or g build improve the speed of opening an addon. I have noticed that since moving from 7 to 8 that there appears to now be a 10 second delay in the addon opening when selected.

I have no such delay to begin with, but I started with a clean build on 8 from the get go. Is it for all add-ons or just specific ones?