[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Force rgb works for me on both S905 and S905x. The system node is no real file and supposed to be written to. Reading the current state is not implemented.
    [hr]
    Please use this node:

Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

Edited once, last by mmpp (April 8, 2017 at 2:26 PM).

• Sorry I should update my signature, that NUC has been repurposed for something else now and I'm running TVH on my S905 box now.

Edited once, last by Hans Gruber (April 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM).

• Same problem here, running tvheadend server on my Beelink miniMX 3. I am using my older dual ATSC HDHomeRun OTA tuner as my TV source. I get the same error as you. My tuner has led's to indicate when a tuner is in use, when I click on a channel to play, both led's turn on. So, guess I have to revert to an earlier version, because this device is my whole home DVR.

Edit: I had been running the "c" version, not the "d" version, but for testing purposes, I reverted back to the "d" version and the same problem with tvheadend. Reverted back to the "c" version (which I had been using), and now the tvheadend server is working great again.

Edit 2: Did a hard reset and had to setup my tvheadend server again, but seems to be working OK, now. Very strange that I had to a complete re-install, but now my tvheadend server and client are working.

Edited once, last by clarkss12 (April 8, 2017 at 9:09 PM).

• Using LibreELEC on a Nexbox A95X 2GB/8GB box.

I was testing 8.0.1d and noted some minor freezing when watching an OTA TV channel from my NextPVR setup. I have two Silicon Dust devices, one is the HDHomeRun Connect 2 tuner OTA, the other is a HDHomeRun Prime 3 tuner cable using Comcast. The freezing occurred only when using the Connect on OTA channels. Didn't see it when tuned to a cable station using the Prime.

So today I switched to 8.0.1e and I don't see any freezing, but the display is not acting correctly. I normally feed the Nexbox into a computer monitor at 1920x1080p, and I used the video calibration to move things around to make it look correct. In player settings I also set it to minimize black bars at 20%. This has always worked fine on my setup. However after I loaded up 8.0.1e and I switch to a TV channel the display momentarily blinks and then looses the custom calibration I had set (image is very large and shifted to the left). The video looks normal for a few seconds, then after the screen blinks it's obvious it's ignoring my custom settings. When I exit the TV channel the Kodi menu returns and everything looks fine.

The loss of custom calibration occurs regardless of the native resolution of the TV channel I am watching.

Ok, more info ... it's not just the TV, it's even doing it on Movies and TV shows I have stored and playback using Kodi. Must be something in the player that's causing the issue. In addition, when I switched to 720p resolution it does the same thing ... it goes to a large image shifted off to the left.

I will roll back to a previous version for the time being.

Edit: Ok, sorry, false alarm. For some reason in Settings/Player the option "Adjust display refresh Rate" needed to be turned off. It was set to "On Start/Stop" and that never made any difference in the past. It does now. :)

Thanks,

Chuck

Edited once, last by csadoian (April 8, 2017 at 8:25 PM).

• Does anyone has issues with video calibration resetting? I am on 8.01e and tried in system, display. Also tried to calibrate the overscan when playing a movie but it did not help. went back in settings, did the calibration again, reboot kodi thinking that settings would be saved but no luck.

• Updated to 1e, tested tvheadend client with both S905 and S905X, works fine here with SD, HD, FHD and 4K (remote tvheadend server with dual dvb-s2 and 4 sat positions on a diseq multiswitch)
    [hr]
    Twitch and youtube addon are acting up, though. Streaming video stops after a few minutes.

Edited once, last by mmpp (April 8, 2017 at 9:03 PM).

• Updated to 1e, tested tvheadend client with both S905 and S905X, works fine here with SD, HD, FHD and 4K (remote tvheadend server with dual dvb-s2 and 4 sat positions on a diseq multiswitch)
    [hr]
    Twitch and youtube addon are acting up, though. Streaming video stops after a few minutes.

So, you are not running the Tvheadend server on your Amlogic box? Our problem is with the server running on our Amlogic box.

• Does anyone has issues with video calibration resetting? I am on 8.01e and tried in system, display. Also tried to calibrate the overscan when playing a movie but it did not help. went back in settings, did the calibration again, reboot kodi thinking that settings would be saved but no luck.

See my post above yours ...

Settings/Player the option "Adjust display refresh Rate" needed to be turned off. It fixed the issue on my Nexbox.

Chuck
    [hr]

Ok, my mistake. I rebooted Kodi and the calibration settings were not saved. Definitely a problem here.

Chuck

Edited once, last by csadoian (April 8, 2017 at 9:30 PM).

• The display calibration "issue" you are seeing is from fractional and integer frame rates switching to the correct refresh rate (so 60.0hz and 59.97hz function correctly now for example). Up until very recently, this wasn't working correctly (ty kszaq!).

However each refresh rate has separate calibration profiles, so calibration must be done for each potential refresh rate. I'm not sure if in the GUI you have the ability to switch between 59.97hz and 60hz for instance, so if not there is a bug there. If so, I wouldn't consider this a bug.

I recommend you leave adjust display refresh rate enabled, and calibrate for each refresh rate in display settings. If you can't select between 59.97 and 60 for instance, you can play one of the fractional 59.97 clips that is "resetting" as you put it, and then while playing hit the back button and calibrate in settings. Do this each time your calibration "resets," and eventually you should have saved calibration for each mode.

I'm sorry I don't have a box in front of me to check the options, but this should work for you.

Edited once, last by blinkmxq (April 8, 2017 at 11:58 PM).

• The display calibration "issue" you are seeing is from fractional and integer frame rates switching to the correct refresh rate (so 60.0hz and 59.97hz function correctly now for example). Up until very recently, this wasn't working correctly (ty kszaq!).

However each refresh rate has separate calibration profiles, so calibration must be done for each potential refresh rate. I'm not sure if in the GUI you have the ability to switch between 59.97hz and 60hz for instance, so if not there is a bug there. If so, I wouldn't consider this a bug.

I recommend you leave adjust display refresh rate enabled, and calibrate for each refresh rate in display settings. If you can't select between 59.97 and 60 for instance, you can play one of the fractional 59.97 clips that is "resetting" as you put it, and then while playing hit the back button and calibrate in settings. Do this each time your calibration "resets," and eventually you should have saved calibration for each mode.

I'm sorry I don't have a box in front of me to check the options, but this should work for you.

I don't have the image loaded up on my Nexbox at the moment, but what happened to me was that I calibrated my screen at 1080p 60hz and then exited back to the menu. After that I chose REBOOT from the Kodi menu. When it came back up, the screen was all messed up again, having lost the calibrating I did moments before. I did this twice and both times it did not save the calibration. I never played any video, so the screen should have stayed at the same refresh rate after each reboot and use the calibration settings that I had done originally.

When I have a chance tomorrow I will put the image back in my box and play around a little more with it.

Chuck

Edited once, last by csadoian (April 9, 2017 at 4:07 AM).

• Just installed 8.0.1e on a Beelink Mini MX III II (S905X) today. Everything seems good so far but I can't seem to get 24fps working right?

I'm on expert and under "player settings" and I have "adjust display refresh rate" set to "on start/stop" and sync playback to display toggled "off" but when I start a video and hit "info" on my Samsung remote my TV says "1920x1080 @ 60Hz". I'm setting this Beelink up on a secondary TV ... my main TV is also a Samsung and I'm running Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV. On my main TV when I start a movie and hit info on the remote it'll show "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" so I don't what's going on. I know the movies I'm testing are 23.976fps (using keyboard shortcuts "O" and "Ctrl/Shift/O" both report the video stream as being 23.976fps) so I don't know why the Beelink won't seem to switch to 24fps.

This is my first experience with Kodi 17 so maybe I'm missing something with new options? I set up a couple Beelink Mini MX III's (S905) with Libreelec 7 and never had this issue. When hitting "info" on the remote with those the TV would report "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" just like my main TV. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

• I'm not sure if in the GUI you have the ability to switch between 59.97hz and 60hz for instance, so if not there is a bug there.

You can also calibrate the screen of the movie playing but the settings do not appear to be saved and so are only good until a reboot

EDIT: oops! Looks like I was a bit late offering that little 'gem' of info LOL

Edited once, last by Poida (April 9, 2017 at 5:16 AM).

• Twitch and youtube addon are acting up, though. Streaming video stops after a few minutes.
    [/quote]

Same here Youtube streaming freezes but seems to come right on it's own.

• If you have the Adjust Display Refresh Rate option set to Always or On Start/Stop then to ensure your screen stays correctly calibrated you would need to calibrate in KODI Settings/System each rersolution refresh rate screen and then of course when it switches display modes it should keep you with a calibrated correct screen. You will need to do that for all the resolutions and refresh rates that you find you need to do it for. Sure my Adjust Display Refresh Rate is happily switched off now in 8.0.1e as it seems to be not needed as it was in c and d.

• If you have the Adjust Display Refresh Rate option set to Always or On Start/Stop then to ensure your screen stays correctly calibrated you would need to calibrate in KODI Settings/System each rersolution refresh rate screen and then of course when it switches display modes it should keep you with a calibrated correct screen. You will need to do that for all the resolutions and refresh rates that you find you need to do it for.

That is the case with all builds prior to e but, with this build (which lists the fractional refresh rates under video calibration), no calibration settings survive a reboot
    [hr]

Edit: Ok, sorry, false alarm. For some reason in Settings/Player the option "Adjust display refresh Rate" needed to be turned off. It was set to "On Start/Stop" and that never made any difference in the past. It does now

Indicating that there wasn't a problem before, but is now (ie not a false alarm) ;)

Edited once, last by Poida (April 9, 2017 at 11:40 AM).

• Just installed 8.0.1e on a Beelink Mini MX III II (S905X) today. Everything seems good so far but I can't seem to get 24fps working right?

I'm on expert and under "player settings" and I have "adjust display refresh rate" set to "on start/stop" and sync playback to display toggled "off" but when I start a video and hit "info" on my Samsung remote my TV says "1920x1080 @ 60Hz". I'm setting this Beelink up on a secondary TV ... my main TV is also a Samsung and I'm running Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV. On my main TV when I start a movie and hit info on the remote it'll show "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" so I don't what's going on. I know the movies I'm testing are 23.976fps (using keyboard shortcuts "O" and "Ctrl/Shift/O" both report the video stream as being 23.976fps) so I don't know why the Beelink won't seem to switch to 24fps.

This is my first experience with Kodi 17 so maybe I'm missing something with new options? I set up a couple Beelink Mini MX III's (S905) with Libreelec 7 and never had this issue. When hitting "info" on the remote with those the TV would report "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" just like my main TV. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi,

You can set the resolution on boot and GUI via SSH by typing this command:

Code
    fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p24hz
    fw_setenv outputmode 1080p24hz

Or using alternative resolution with refresh rate you want.

• The 8.0.1 builds (I tried b though to e to so far) send my amp into a frenzy, like a bad HDMI handshake.. can only lock on and show the menu for 5 secs max.. blank screen for 5 secs.. menu is back for 5 secs, repeat,.. moves dont play either: black screen. As if loose HDMI cable but its not loose. I've reverted to 8.0.0g for now which doesn't exhibit any of these issues, on my setup. More testing later... will try bypassing amp...
    Mini MX 2G here.

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (April 9, 2017 at 1:23 PM).