Posts by richdtv

Hi all,

Can you please assist to install LE from the SD card on Nexbox A95x, S905 Android 5.1 version. This is the 2GB/ 16GB device. I created the SD card with Rufus and also with the LE Tool but i am getting E:Cannot load volume /Misc using both method. LE image build i tried are LibreELEC 8.0 J and LibreELEC 8.0 K. converted the device tree also to dtb.img and copied it to the SD card.

I have two of these Nexbox A95x, S905 boxes and am getting the same E: Cannot load volume /Misc error when using the tootpick method. Tried also to go into recovery using the terminal emulator but still i cannot boot into LE.

Can you please help me fixing the Cannot load volume /Misc??

Does anyone has issues with video calibration resetting? I am on 8.01e and tried in system, display. Also tried to calibrate the overscan when playing a movie but it did not help. went back in settings, did the calibration again, reboot kodi thinking that settings would be saved but no luck.

The ability to bitstream Atmos and DTS:X is what keeps me hooked on this development thread.

Everything works perfectly. Denon AVR-2300 Amp.

Atmos with the right movie is quite impressive. (Ceiling Speakers bringing in that extra effect).

Highly recommended.

Agree with minimoe and sintiniuk this is also
    what keeps me hooked on this development thread as well. Can one of you check if a Dolby Digital Plus file plays (using passthrough) on your box and confirm which build you are using? I might be doing something wrong but would like to be sure...

links to DD+ files below
    ?file=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv&pic=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless.jpg

MEGA

Just for information, I recently had a problem also with dolby digital+ with few files recorded from DVBT. No sound on central speaker (no voices)
    From a 905x box (7.0.3.012d) , I'm using passthrough mode, with spdif to my receiver which is not dolby digital + compliant. My receiver was just detecting stereo.

But the next day, when I wanted to reproduce the case, no problem, it worked like a charm (same files, no update). The receiver detects 5.1 mode dolby digital.
    So maybe it's not a problem with the version, but something that can goes wrong under specific condition.
    I will try to provide a log if it happens again.

Thanks Vette I appreciate your input.

I have some standard Dolby surround files (all Dolby formats) saved to test my box with. These are all playing nicely with the previous builds. As many streams are not using DD+, I didn't spot that until i played a DD+ audio stream. Test the latest build with the standard DD+surround file then and it appears that no audio was provided there either. I am using a HDMI connection and have ALSA HDMI option selected for passthrough.

This is not about being grateful. There are tens of different devices on the market and devices with the same name have different hardware inside. I have limited number of boxes that I can test my builds with. I really want to make my builds work in a best way possible for everyone but without knowing what's happening at system level I rarely ever can help.
    [hr]

Please provide logs so that I can see what's happening... I assume that you update your device tree according to build you flash?

Sure Kszaq. Device tree was updated. gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb has been used for my QBox 2GB with 16GB storage and 1 GB Ethernet port.
    Hope the attached kodi log is what you need.

There were absolutely no changes regarding audio in the latest releases.

Thanks for your reply Kszaq. I decided to downgrade the current 7.0.3.012e build in a descending order until i could find the build that has the Dolby Digital Plus working. That build is 7.02.009.

I am more than willing to help you if you guide me where and how to provide you with a log. I appreciate the work you are doing for the community and would never complain. Always here to help having better things get best. :)

Hi Kszaq,

I noticed that the Dolby Digital Plus is not working anymore. All other supported audio formats works great except this one. It used to work in the previous builds but now my receiver is giving me decoder off as no sound is passing through. I am using your latest build which works fine in all other areas.

Can you cook in a fix to let Dolby Digital Plus work again?

Thanks,
    Richdtv