[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• just guessing: tool is invoked as

Code
    $ROOT/tools/dtbTool/dtbTool -o arch/$TARGET_KERNEL_ARCH/boot/dtb.img -p scripts/dtc/arch/$TARGET_KERNEL_ARCH/boot/dts/amlogic/

maybe some if the command line argument files is missing?

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (March 19, 2017 at 12:13 AM).

• Hi, I have the exact same problem so +1 from me..

• kszaq - I think there's an issue with LE releasing the USB ports (if that's possible).
    I have a USB keyboard that indicates it is searching for it's receiver as soon as LE is restarted (LED flashes) and pairs just after the boot screen.
    When I reboot to the internal Android installation, the search does not begin and, consequently, once Android boots the keyboard is not detected until I un/replug the USB receiver.
    If you need logs to look into this, please advise how I should obtain them for you.

In the mean time, I will continue to 'rollback' the LE build in an attempt to discover when this issue first arose

EDIT: This issue was only noticed after changing the TV attached to the box (X96 S905X 2/16GB) but, surely, that can't affect whether a USB device is detected?

Edited once, last by Poida (March 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM).

• Poida: During the reboot, the bootloader regains control of the box. I do not think there is anything that libreelec can do differently at this point. Have you tried what happens if you reboot from Android into Android (without libreelec sd card)?

• Have you tried what happens if you reboot from Android into Android

Detects the Keyboard, no problem.

I'm looking for a startup script that I could run at Android boot to reinitialize the USB ports, I don't use Android much at all.
    It's just an irritation, since everything worked fine until I changed TV's (but that doesn't make sense)

• I found a workaround for the crashing IPTV streams. My IPTV provider (Zattoo) provides streams with 50fps.

Hardware acceleration is on.

In the player settings I set:
    Adjust display refresh rate: Off
    Sync playback to display: On

In System setting I set:
    Refresh rate: 60

It appears that the additional transcoding from 50fps to 60fps is preventing the stream from freezing.

Edited once, last by netbuild (March 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM).

• First thank you for this great release of Libreelec for the S905x.
    I have a M8S II with S905x.

Unfortuately, I have two remaining issues with it:
    1) After reebok the picture is darker.
    Only after a video file was played it seems to be normal again. Can this be fixed?
    It is annoying to do that after every reboot.
    If this is a bug with the S905x then all should have this problem?

2) Under Settings-->System-->Display I can't change the refresh rate.
    It is greyed out at 60 Hz. Therefore the refresh rate update doesn't work and 24p movies are still played at 60hz.
    Apparently one device in my HDMI chain "reports" it can only do 60Hz (It is a HDMI2AV Converter for Ambilight).
    So if I unplug that device and reboot everything is back to normal and dynamic refresh rate update works. Then I plug the HDMI2AV converter again and it still works with 24p. So it seems the device can handle 24, but just "reports" wrong to Kodi.
    So is it possible to disable the "refresh rate detection" of Kodi? All my devices can handle 24p but Kodi still thinks they cannot.

Thanks for your help!

• Hello,
    I have since yesterday the "Beelink M18 Adroid TV Box".
    Who can tell me what Devicetree would be the right one?

There should not be any, I would be interested in how I do
    It can read from the stock firmware (or the M18)
    To give them kszaq to convert ....

Thanks a lot ...
    Tommy

Link: Deleted sorry

Edited once, last by tosa (March 19, 2017 at 12:32 PM).

• Hi kostaman, I have the M18 and have been using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb. I haven't had any glaring issues, other than persistent sync issues with audio. Is there a reason why you have indicated the OTG port version?

I have to say that with the OTG version here everything to my full satisfaction runs. So I can only say: Thanks @ kostaman!

• 1) After reebok the picture is darker.
    Only after a video file was played it seems to be normal again. Can this be fixed?

Known limitation/bug, see first post. Can be worked around by configuring kodi to play a file on startup. Nobody really cares, because even the first video is played fine.

2) Under Settings-->System-->Display I can't change the refresh rate.
    Apparently one device in my HDMI chain "reports" it can only do 60Hz (It is a HDMI2AV Converter for Ambilight).
    So is it possible to disable the "refresh rate detection" of Kodi? All my devices can handle 24p but Kodi still thinks they cannot.

Libreelec/Kodi does everything right. If it offers resolutions/refresh rates that your display cannot show, you might be left with a black screen and no way to go back!

Workaround for your buggy hdmi device: The linux kernel reads the display information from hdmi and provides it to kodi through a sys node. You can replace this node with a file, as described here: thread-1564-post-23856.html

Be advised that this should be done only if you understand basic command line use and have some idea about how linux works.

• You need todo sudo apt-get install g++-multilib

Hello,
    How is this to happen if LE has no sudo and / or apt-get?
    Who tells me how I could still use this dtb tool?
    Because in principle, I'd like to use the ORIGINALE DTB, which was converted to LE ...

• I can confirm the issues but you're not entirely correct about this not being hardware decoder bug: HW decoding is not only VPU but also closed-source microcode and kernel driver code. My builds have more recent kernel and microcode from Amlogic (the last one that is available to public) and while it is better in some aspects than code in Minix Android, it is worse in others. I can try reverting some parts of this code but we should hope Amlogic will fix this in next public release, whenever that happens...
    [hr]

I will quote myself from WeTek forum:

and from Github:

i also figured out that in libreelec 7.0.2.009 is faster in channel switching then in last jarvis libreelec version for like a second just for info... might help for krypton too

• Hello. Thank you for your work kszaq !

I am using 8.0.0g and when I try to open some videos I get:
    22:47:02.301 T:3565122464 ERROR: CAMLCodec::OpenAmlVideo - cannot open V4L amlvideo device /dev/video10: Device or resource busy

This doesn't happen if I disable hardware acceleration but then all 1080p videos get unplayable.

It seems it happens when the videos I am trying to open consist of TS fragments delivered by m3u8 playlist.

Anyone else has this problem ?

Edit: attached kodi.log from start to the point where kodi should start playing but instead it remains in the menu UI.