[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi All,

I've noticed another issue on my Minix U1 with both 7.0.3.012c and 8.0.0d. I'm getting no passthrough on DD+ (E-AC3). It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, as it works fine on Android with the Minix XBMC. Can anybody else replicate this?

• OMG it's quite good works for my Beelink Mini MX 1GB/8GB, thank you so much kszaq! It's more perfect than stock android 5.1.1
    It's good for 10bit H264 animation plays without shining dot and much more fast!

Ethernet and wifi, remote all good. But bluetooth headset can connect device, but I can't hear any sound. Only this is small problem
    but it's okay!

• Hi kszaq,

Not sure if it's already mentioned here, as searching through this thread is not possible.
    The last 3-4 seconds of a movie, serie or a clip the video freezes and the sound continues.
    A friend of mine has this issue and I also have this issue on both of my S905X devices (both on 8.0.0d).

Another issue that I have, the S905X device that I have downstairs is very sluggish. Browsing through the interface is very slow and it reacts quite slow.
    The S905X that I have upstairs is super fast. Both devices have the exact same configuration and are both Nexbox A95X's with the latest firmware.
    Any ideas how my S905X downstairs is so slow or where can I look?

Thanks in advanced.

• renzz Correct. Echoing 5 will get you 792MHz for S905 and 742MHz for S905X. It might increase smoothness for very heavy skins, although I can see no difference on Estuary which is already running smooth here at standard speed (500MHz).

kszaq - on my box the current value for /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq is 500, not a single digit. Should I still change it to just 5 if I want to try the higher frequency?

For info, the contents of every file in /sys/class/mpgpu/ are

• Hi,

Yesterday i read on some forum about clocking the Mali GPU on the 905/905x, and now i can't find the article. looked thru logs and history, but nothing:(
    I'm certain it was for LE and It had something to do with echo x > ?????
    Where x was 3 for normal speed and 5 for max speed.

I'm using the Metropolis skin and was hoping this would speed things up a bit:)

-2re

;) Found it.... :)

Edited once, last by 2re (March 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM).

• Hy!

I have a Beelink Mini MX III II (s905x 2\16gb) and I use LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012j and it's working fine. I would like to try LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0d but it's realy slow on my device. (I tried from usb and from internal to.) Any advise why is that?

Thanks for answers!

• Hi

I am using amlogic s905 MxQ Pro 4K and i have problems with Vol+ and Vol- buttons are not working

it crash image on PVR when i click on them... anyone else experiencing this problem? I am running LibreElec 8.0.0.c direct on flash Nand of STB.. i also tested it on another STB running from SD card libreelec and the same problema happens vol+ and vol- buttons are not working it simply crashes image

i tried to upload my original android remote.conf to /etc/amremote folder

but i cannot i dont have access rights even running root.. any ideas on how i can fix this?

• Hi kszaq,

Not sure if it's already mentioned here, as searching through this thread is not possible.
    The last 3-4 seconds of a movie, serie or a clip the video freezes and the sound continues.
    A friend of mine has this issue and I also have this issue on both of my S905X devices (both on 8.0.0d).

i'm having the same issue, and i thought the plex plugin was at fault but now i guess it's not

• i'm having the same issue, and i thought the plex plugin was at fault but now i guess it's not

i am shure its a config on the remote.conf code

i tried remount, rw flash

but cannot edit or add files on the system still, so i cannot make further testing

• logicheart
    This could be a thermal problem. I may be that the pad that connects the heatsink with processor has become loose and so the latter might overheat sooner than later. In order to check this, you have to open the box, unscrew the board and cautiously see if you can lift the board. If not, then all is well, if it is rather easy, then there was no connection between the heasink and the S905X.

Best wishes, dfahren

• Ok guys sorted it out

mount -o remount,rw /flash

then copy original remote.conf to /storage/flash

reboot device it will work, mine just got back

original S905 Remote.Conf

• There is no need to mount the flash or system area and modify it!

Simply put your modified/own remote.conf file in the .config directory in the home directory ("Configfiles" on SMB share). Startup will load this config instead of system config.

• i am shure its a config on the remote.conf code

i tried remount, rw flash

but cannot edit or add files on the system still, so i cannot make further testing

I don't think that's the problem, as LibreELEC 7.0 on this box did not have this issue. And I use the same remote.conf.
    I think you are replying to the wrong message.

Edited once, last by Xitro01 (March 6, 2017 at 3:00 PM).