[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi everyone,

I just installed the build on my new beelink mini mxiii 2 2G/16G and everything seems to work fine including working CEC over TV (Sony x90c) and AVR (Denon x2200). There is just one thing that kinda bugs me and I was not able to find out if this can be fixed:

The box automatically powers off when the AVR is shutdown (which happens when the TV is shut down). The Box is connected to the AVR and not the TV. This behavior would be very welcome if the box would also power on when the AVR is powered on, but this does no seem to work. I have to use the beelink remote to power on the box.

Is this fixable? I read that this has something to do with the installed uboot and how it is configured. Is there a tutorial how to correctly do this?
    Just to mention, I boot libreELEC from sd card.

Best regards

• Hi kszaq. I was running your 7.0.3.012 version on my Beelink Mini MX box and wanted to upgrade to 8.0.0c build. I grabbed the .tar file and a new device tree (named it dtb.img) and put them into the Update folder on the box and reboot. Everything looked fine installing but now when it boots up it just gets stuck on the Libreelec screen? I tells me its 8.0.0c build in top left though. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

bluejay86 - see this post - thread-2156-post-36281.html#pid36281

• Check CEC settings inside kodi

My equipment is similar(beelink box, denon AVR X3330 and Sony TV)

Thanks for the hint. I have now changed a few settings there, for example that my TV and AVR are not shutdown when kodi is and so on. But I was not able to find a setting that would help with my problem.

And I found another weird behavior:
    When the Box is connected to the AVR and the AVR and box are shutdown via TV (triggered by TV shutdown). The TV is not able to power the AVR on again, and even if I power on the AVR manually it will not play any sound from the TV until the kodi box is powered up again. It seems like the box kinda breaks the CEC link between TV and AVR. If i disconnect the box completely everything works as usual.
    Could this be a issue with the device tree? I used the one without NAND for S905x

• CEC issues when the box is powered off are related to bootloader - firmware from manufacturer and can not be fixed in LE or device tree. It has to be fixed by the box manufacturer. I recommend to keep the box on all the time

• Thanks for the hint. I have now changed a few settings there, for example that my TV and AVR are not shutdown when kodi is and so on. But I was not able to find a setting that would help with my problem.

And I found another weird behavior:
    When the Box is connected to the AVR and the AVR and box are shutdown via TV (triggered by TV shutdown). The TV is not able to power the AVR on again, and even if I power on the AVR manually it will not play any sound from the TV until the kodi box is powered up again. It seems like the box kinda breaks the CEC link between TV and AVR. If i disconnect the box completely everything works as usual.
    Could this be a issue with the device tree? I used the one without NAND for S905x

That's why I just leave my box on 24/7, CEC is still enabled and works using the TV remote. When the TV is powered off it powers the AVR as well but the LE box stays running. What I've found out for my setup is in order to turn on the AVR via CEC from the TV remote you need an active HDMI source.

I wanted my TV remote to control everything so that was another reason why I just leave the box on 24/7, so no need for the stock IR remote.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (February 25, 2017 at 7:51 PM).

• kszaq - I recall reading somewhere about LPCM playback being limited to 96kHz on the Amlogic, but can't remember exactly where and this forum doesn't support searching :(

My remaining issue with my box (S905x 2GB/16GB) is that when I play my (few) 192kHz FLAC audio files via HDMI to my AVR, they are are output at 96kHz. Is this a hard limit in the hardware or might it be fixed in a future release? Otherwise everything is working perfectly for me!

• kszaq - I recall reading somewhere about LPCM playback being limited to 96kHz on the Amlogic, but can't remember exactly where and this forum doesn't support searching :(

My remaining issue with my box (S905x 2GB/16GB) is that when I play my (few) 192kHz FLAC audio files via HDMI to my AVR, they are are output at 96kHz. Is this a hard limit in the hardware or might it be fixed in a future release? Otherwise everything is working perfectly for me!

Must just be you, or it's a 905x vs 905 thing because I have a s905 box, went here, hires downloaded a 192 stereo file, played back. 192 on my Denon AVR over HDMI.

post image online

• CEC issues when the box is powered off are related to bootloader - firmware from manufacturer and can not be fixed in LE or device tree. It has to be fixed by the box manufacturer. I recommend to keep the box on all the time

Thanks for the clarification. I adapted the settings to keep the box on, this also solves the described problem with the TV audio.

• Hi kszaq,

Been Pulling my hair out. On MXq emmc install of version 7x I can connect bluetooth and run games in retroarch no issues. When trying on SD Card for s905 or s905x the bluetooth controllers are not picked up in retroarch. There is bluetooth and in LibreELEC I can connect, I still can not get it working, When replacing dtb.img device will not boot, when using another it will boot but not pick up usb devices connected, I tried also the dtb.img from my firmware and it would not boot. Is this dtb.img related. Thank you.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM).

• s905 , 8.0.0c build
    I have a problem with 29.97fps videos.
    If I start a video everything is smooth but after some minutes it becomes juddery ,clunky.
    If I skip back/forward 10s it goes back to normal smooth playing.
    It occurs with 59.97fps videos too. I experienced it in the beta builds too.

This issues isn't present in the 7. builds.

Edited once, last by szaki (February 26, 2017 at 8:46 AM).

• s905 , 8.0.0c build
    I have a problem with 29.97fps videos.
    If I start a video everything is smooth but after some minutes it becomes juddery ,clunky.
    If I skip back/forward 10s it goes back to normal smooth playing.
    It occurs with 59.97fps videos too. I experienced it in the beta builds too.

This issues isn't present in the 7. builds.

Information from the first post. Section: Known issues:
    "Jerky playback of some 29.97fps videos and some Live TV channels (Amlogic HW decoder bug)"

• Please provide a sample file that exhibits this problem.

I meant to write 59.94fps.
    Anyway I don't want to promote this kind of thing but an example is any of the 720p/29.97/59.94 NBA game rips.

The strange thing is that it happens after some minutes but after I skip forward or backward it is goes back to normal and plays smoothly the same segment that was jerky before.

• I'm having issues trying to boot from USB-drive:

Error:

Code
    *** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

Device:
    MXQ Pro Quick Play Amlogic S905 2K*4K TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI Gigabit LAN Bluetooth 4.0 KODI HDMI H.26

Boot method:
    Toothpick

USB-drive:
    SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB

Tested versions:
    8.0.0c, 7.0.3.012

Tested device trees:
    gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb
    gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k
    gxbb_p201.dtb

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 26, 2017 at 11:24 AM).

• I meant to write 59.94fps.
    Anyway I don't want to promote this kind of thing but an example is any of the 720p/29.97/59.94 NBA game rips.

You need to post a sample, otherwise I won't be able to reproduce the issue.

Faravid First off please do not post link to the shop. To solve your issue try using gxl device trees, you might have S905X device, despite what shop description says. S905X devices are cheaper to manufacture and some Chinese factories are putting S905X inside without telling.