Posts by derTyp

My tests with 802.1ac 5GHz WiFi, device standing 15cm from the router, iperf3 over TCP to a wired NAS:

new firmware, old driver: ~50Mbps
    new firmware, new driver: ~180Mbps download, ~110Mbps upload

I have now tested 8.1.5 and it is definitely better than 8.1.3+ but still not usable in my environment.

The connection is now at least reliable in most cases (no SSH timeouts, etc.) but still very slow with max. 300kB/s (~3Mbps) over SCP. After ~100MB of transferred data the connection again gets very unreliable and repeatedly drops the SSH session.

I have a 802.11n 5GHz network with an Asus RT-N66U AP with tomato-shibby firmware. Client is a Beelink Mini MX3 II. I also tried switching Channels but it makes no difference. About 1m away from the box my tablet is getting 80-90Mbps.

Edit: With 8.1.2 everything is fine again.

Hm, the updated firmware is indeed slower but certainly not unusable. I will try to fix this and I'mm revert if unfixable.

Edit: It looks that the updated firmware works much better with an updated kernel module. I will include it in 8.1.5.

Thanks, I am going to test 8.1.5 when its released and report back if the problem persists.

The new firmware worked better with 2.4GHz (slower but still usable) , but with 5GHz the performance was much worse to the extend of unstable SSH.

Hello,

first of all, thanks for your work and time you put into this build to all contributors.

I did an upgrade from latest 8.0.2 to 8.1.3 on my Beelink mini MX3 II which went well except for very poor WLAN performance (no problems with connecting or signal strength). It was impossible to stream anything from my NAS and even SSH was unstable or not even possible at times.

The problems persisted in 8.1.4, interestingly after some usage (probably a few hours) it gets to normal performance and everything works as expected.

Today I downgraded to 8.1.2 and have not experienced these issues since. I suspect the updated WLAN firmware in 8.1.3 to cause these problems in my setup.

Maybe you could revert the update in the next build (I don't know if anything important is included in the new firmware). If there is anything I can do to help, let me know (I was not able to spot anything in the logs (kernel nor kodi)).

Best regards

CEC issues when the box is powered off are related to bootloader - firmware from manufacturer and can not be fixed in LE or device tree. It has to be fixed by the box manufacturer. I recommend to keep the box on all the time

Thanks for the clarification. I adapted the settings to keep the box on, this also solves the described problem with the TV audio.

Check CEC settings inside kodi

My equipment is similar(beelink box, denon AVR X3330 and Sony TV)

Thanks for the hint. I have now changed a few settings there, for example that my TV and AVR are not shutdown when kodi is and so on. But I was not able to find a setting that would help with my problem.

And I found another weird behavior:
    When the Box is connected to the AVR and the AVR and box are shutdown via TV (triggered by TV shutdown). The TV is not able to power the AVR on again, and even if I power on the AVR manually it will not play any sound from the TV until the kodi box is powered up again. It seems like the box kinda breaks the CEC link between TV and AVR. If i disconnect the box completely everything works as usual.
    Could this be a issue with the device tree? I used the one without NAND for S905x

Hi everyone,

I just installed the build on my new beelink mini mxiii 2 2G/16G and everything seems to work fine including working CEC over TV (Sony x90c) and AVR (Denon x2200). There is just one thing that kinda bugs me and I was not able to find out if this can be fixed:

The box automatically powers off when the AVR is shutdown (which happens when the TV is shut down). The Box is connected to the AVR and not the TV. This behavior would be very welcome if the box would also power on when the AVR is powered on, but this does no seem to work. I have to use the beelink remote to power on the box.

Is this fixable? I read that this has something to do with the installed uboot and how it is configured. Is there a tutorial how to correctly do this?
    Just to mention, I boot libreELEC from sd card.

Best regards