[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• On topic: is it only me or could be a known issue - the colours are a little bit darker compare to Jarvis (same box, same tv)?

Hi

I feel the same, a litte bit darker and/or contrast higher.

This week-end I'll do a proper test on the same TV with 2 SD cards.

• For me 8.0.0.c it's smoother then "a" or "b". Keep experimenting on this layer, pls. Still slower then GUI on Jarvis, but definitely an visible improvement on the last iteration.
    On topic: is it only me or could be a known issue - the colours are a little bit darker compare to Jarvis (same box, same tv)?

+1 about the performance. Much much better, still not the same as Jarvis but very much improved.

• Did you try ALSA, AML M8L AUDIO, HDMI? Audio should be output from SPDIF at the same time with HDMI.

I also have a flavour of mxq pro 4k (leelbox) and I have hdmi audio and spdif audio at the same time.

@ Kszaq I don't have the spdif option only. Whould it help if I upload the dtb of my box to see if there is a way to select only spdif? Or to turn off HDMI audio since its using the tv speakers and sound system speakers at the same time.

Thanks for the great build! :cool:

• @ Kszaq I don't have the spdif option only. Whould it help if I upload the dtb of my box to see if there is a way to select only spdif? Or to turn off HDMI audio since its using the tv speakers and sound system speakers at the same time.

Add this to your autostart.sh:

Code
    echo audio_off > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config || true
  • Any advice on getting bluetooth controllers connected in retroarch? LibreElec connects just fine, But i can only move around in a small square on the top left corner. Does not navigate in LE, I open Retroarch/Jokerzbox and it does not even show my gamepad. Some advice would be great. Thanks again

• My wired x360 clone controller worked out of the box. The mii blutooth controller I ordered weeks ago is stuck in postal limbo between China and here; but I will test as soon as it arrives.

• Hey kszaq! I've trouble getting Bluetooth to work. I installed LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c.img.gz with gxl_p212_1g.dtb for my AKASO HM8, but the bluetooth adapter isn't recognized by LibreELEC. "No Adapter found". Wifi is working fine! HM8 is using a S905X and RTL8723BS.

EDIT: AKASO HM8 has no bluetooth..

Edited once, last by HaselnuesseTo (February 24, 2017 at 7:13 PM).

• Did you try ALSA, AML M8L AUDIO, HDMI? Audio should be output from SPDIF at the same time with HDMI.

[hr]

I also have a flavour of mxq pro 4k (leelbox) and I have hdmi audio and spdif audio at the same time.

@ Kszaq I don't have the spdif option only. Whould it help if I upload the dtb of my box to see if there is a way to select only spdif? Or to turn off HDMI audio since its using the tv speakers and sound system speakers at the same time.

Edited once, last by crajax (February 24, 2017 at 5:38 PM).

• I have problems accessing my SMB shares through Videos>Files. I get a "Couldn't connect to network server" error message.

The files are on a PC running Windows10 and my box is connected to my router with a Powerline adapter. I can watch my videos from the library without problems, it's only the Videos>Files section that is inaccessible. As a result, I can't add\modify sources.

I'm running ver. 8.0.0b. I didn't have such problems with previous versions of LE.

Log: TZXQRhuV

• I also have a flavour of mxq pro 4k (leelbox) and I have hdmi audio and spdif audio at the same time.

Why don't you mute the tv-set?

Edited once, last by junkpod (February 25, 2017 at 9:47 AM).

• Hi kszaq. I was running your 7.0.3.012 version on my Beelink Mini MX box and wanted to upgrade to 8.0.0c build. I grabbed the .tar file and a new device tree (named it dtb.img) and put them into the Update folder on the box and reboot. Everything looked fine installing but now when it boots up it just gets stuck on the Libreelec screen? I tells me its 8.0.0c build in top left though. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Hi kszaq. I was running your 7.0.3.012 version on my Beelink Mini MX box and wanted to upgrade to 8.0.0c build. I grabbed the .tar file and a new device tree (named it dtb.img) and put them into the Update folder on the box and reboot. Everything looked fine installing but now when it boots up it just gets stuck on the Libreelec screen? I tells me its 8.0.0c build in top left though. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Scroll back in this thread a couple of pages. Sounds like you need to delete the old addon db file as some users have reported.