[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I took a look in install script. It search for remote.conf in various locations

But I didn't have any of those. Do you have one for MXIII ?

Edited once, last by phoenix73 (February 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM).

• It can work, but I didnt want to keep my prev configs, a clean install is recommend.
    "I did everything from scratch": putting everything to work costs me 10min effort (thanks to trakt.tv app)-(and also learned the new menus).
    Good luck

• I am not sure if these apply to Bluetooth keyboards, but have you tried going to Settings > LibreELEC and changing the settings under Keyboard in the System tab?

You were right !

It is now fixed, with setting AZERTY into LibreELEC system's keyboard ! :heart:
    Thanks

• It can work, but I didnt want to keep my prev configs, a clean install is recommend.
    "I did everything from scratch": putting everything to work costs me 10min effort (thanks to trakt.tv app)-(and also learned the new menus).
    Good luck

+1, better do clean install.

Just did it, installtointernal and rebootfromnand, so far, so good

• I took a look in install script. It search for remote.conf in various locations

But I didn't have any of those. Do you have one for MXIII ?

I'm presuming you mean Beelink minimx iii...?

• I'm presuming you mean Beelink minimx iii...?

On my MXIII with LE 7.0, in /flash/remote.con, I've :

Default remote.conf for LE ?

• No people with MXQ pro?

• The problem is that "MXQ pro 4k" is not a specific box, but more of a generic label that is used by multiple manufacturers and sellers. The box I own (see my signature) works fine with the generic gxbb_p200_1G_100M device tree, but yours is most likely newer and uses a completely different board and wlan chipset. Did you try one of the "realtek" device trees?

You can open the box and take a picture of the PCB. Then we might be able to help you further.

Not being able to switch a powered off box with the remote is an issue many boxes have. Current understanding is that in order for this to work, the manufacturer needs to make sure that the u-boot bootloader correctly recognizes the remote signal. This takes extra work, so with the cheap boxes, it often is neglected. My MXQ Pro 4k simply switches the hdmi output in its android firmware when I push the button.

• I'm running this latest beta on Wetek Play 2. The audio passthrough patch is working great for me (I have a separate PC as backend for TVHeadend server), even better than on 7.0 where I got constant buffering problems on some (French) DVB-T HD channels with E-AC3 Surround sound. These channels play fine in 7.95.beta6 with passthrough.

Passthrough on Live TV has been one of the most important features for me so for it to have been missing from Kodi 17 was very disappointing.

Thanks to kszaq and afl1! :)

Edited once, last by mrwish (February 19, 2017 at 10:53 PM).

• Did you try one of the "realtek" device trees?

You can open the box and take a picture of the PCB. Then we might be able to help you further.

Not being able to switch a powered off box with the remote is an issue many boxes have. Current understanding is that in order for this to work, the manufacturer needs to make sure that the u-boot bootloader correctly recognizes the remote signal. This takes extra work, so with the cheap boxes, it often is neglected. My MXQ Pro 4k simply switches the hdmi output in its android firmware when I push the button.

Tried realtek trees, same results.
    I will take a picture in the night. There is some operation in android in order to have more info about chipset? The box start ok in android...

• Hello, first of all i must say thanks for the great work, i've installed on sd on my new amlogic 905x box and it came to new life (android experience was crappy)
    Everything works great except one minor flaw with hdmi-cec which fails to turn on the device when i switch to the box input or when i turn on the tv.
    Everything else cec-wise works great, the box turn off with the tv, the tv remote control the box etc... but i wish to put the box remote in a drawer so anybody has found a solution to have the box turn on automatically? thanks very much
    Francesco

• Tried realtek trees, same results.
    I will take a picture in the night. There is some operation in android in order to have more info about chipset? The box start ok in android...

There is a new cheap Chinese WiFi chip in some of the boxes that does not have drivers available. You can check what chip you have by running udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*.

• Already playing with 8.0.0.a with a fresh install on SDcard
    S905 P200-2G-100mbits device tree (minim8s)
    Nothing wrong for now, wish I could choose French as a Language, but this is a beta so no big deal

Will maybe try an update, hoping I won't have the boot bug I had last 2 times.

Edited once, last by Tidav7578 (February 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM).