[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I know that dvb-t support is considered experimental but on latest build tvheadend can't tune dvb-t tuner anymore.

Code
    Jan 29 14:13:15 LibreELEC tvheadend[3505]: linuxdvb: Afatech AF9033 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Inappropriate ioctl for device]

It worked fine on 7.0.3 build. Maybe tvheadend was compiled against wrong kernel headers?

• I know that dvb-t support is considered experimental but on latest build tvheadend can't tune dvb-t tuner anymore.

Code
    Jan 29 14:13:15 LibreELEC tvheadend[3505]: linuxdvb: Afatech AF9033 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Inappropriate ioctl for device]

It worked fine on 7.0.3 build. Maybe tvheadend was compiled against wrong kernel headers?

It also doesn't work in my latest 7.0.3 build. I'm aware of this and trying to find a solution.

• Got tired trying.
    Used my old HTPC as a fallback. Freshinstall of latest libreelec beta in under 5 minutes.
    Now I can watch my backlog...

Will try another day... If I can get latest up to date S905 unbrick methods.

• It also doesn't work in my latest 7.0.3 build. I'm aware of this and trying to find a solution.

Ok. I installed service.tvheadend42-7.0.102.zip from older build manually. But it failed to start because missing symlinks to shared libraries. So I setup symlinks in /tmp and add /tmp to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then tvheadend started successfully and tuned mux without problems.

If anyone wants to use this workaround until its fixed just install this older tvheadend and then add this to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend42.start just before last if statement with tvheadend execution.

Code
    (                                       
    cd /tmp                                    
    umask 077                                                 
    mkdir links
    ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.39.0.0   links/libssl.so.35
    ln -sf /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.38.0.0  links/libcrypto.so.35
    )
  • Well, I'm going to tell my experiences, maybe it will be useful to someone.

Today I decided to update one of my cheap chinese boxes to the new KODI. It's a T95N (S905/2GB/8GB), a very very small box. It was running LE 7.0.2.012 from SD card without problems from some time ago (the version without temperature control). I downloaded the new beta, made and save an image of the SD card, copied the img.gz file on the Update folder and rebooted the box.

1st problem. I saw a message from KODI to update the library, then a message to update the add-ons, and then... wait. Well, after one hour with the KODI logo on screen, I supposed the box was frozen. I tried to connect via SSH, the system seemed ok so I rebooted the box... and exactly the same problem. I went to my PC, connected via SMB and downloaded logs file. After regarding a little on the log files, I saw this on KODI.log:

Code
    17:32:43.704 T:3902428064   ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/adsp.basic/adsp.basic.so, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/adsp.basic/adsp.basic.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    17:32:48.926 T:3959280544   ERROR: CecLogMessage - AllocateLogicalAddresses - failed to allocate device '0', type 'recording device'
    17:32:48.926 T:3959280544   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to find a free logical address for the client
    17:32:48.927 T:3959280544   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register the new CEC client - cannot allocate the requested device types
    17:32:48.928 T:3950891936   ERROR: OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
    17:32:48.928 T:3959280544   ERROR: CecLogMessage - failed to register a CEC client
    17:36:47.965 T:4111212544  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
    17:36:47.966 T:4111212544  NOTICE: Saving settings
    17:36:47.974 T:4111212544  NOTICE: Saving skin settings
    17:36:47.974 T:4111212544  NOTICE: stop all

I saw that file (adsp.basic.so) with that strange error (I'm not a Linux expert, of course) and decided to delete it. I rebooted again the box and... absolute success: KODI started OK and all I had before it was there, even my Xonfluence skin. I changed to the new skin and began to play a little with the new interface, entered in the Music section and...

2nd problem. As you may know, KODI 17 has new options in the music section, so it needs to make a rescan of the library. The first time you enter in the section, it asks you to make the update, advertising it will take it some time. Well, I have a long library of music albums, so I asumed it would take maybe half an hour. I said YES to the update and went doing other things. After 10 minutes of working, I saw the screen was black. The system was completely unresponsive to the remote, I touched the box and it was very hot, so I tought it was hanged because of the internal temperature. I disconnected the box, reconnected and LE started well, no problem. When I saw the box wasn't bricked, I decided to try again and make a new music library update. The system hanged again after a few minutes.

I'd never had temperature problems before with this box. I don't know it this could be resolved with temperature control. Anyway, it seems that the processor has an internal protection, because it gets hot and hangs. Or maybe it's another effect, I don't know.

I also have a problem with tvheadend, that it's not working ok, but I saw in another post someone saying that it can be resolved with another version of the server. I will try later.

Well, after this little problems, the box is working very good with KODI 17, so it's not bad at all. I want to give thanks to kszaq and all the people that make possible to use LE on this very cheap but capable boxes.

Edited once, last by felixob (January 29, 2017 at 8:47 PM).

• I have uploaded 7.90.beta4a build where I tried to solve non-working ioctls for DVB tuners. Please test this and report.

I have also updated addons repo with the latest versions from upstream libreelec-8.0 branch.

• Just put this on a beelink mx mini iii 2gb and having a few issues with The Ethernet not connecting and also video play back seems to only be showing a fraction of the actual image I.e zoomed on the top left I've tried all the video calibration but still no joy. The screen is fine other than I playback?

• I am using your RC3 Image on my two Wetek Hubs and all is fine so far. I have just the problem, when the boxes are not used for some time (I'll keep them running) that when I turn on the TV again it takes some time for them do fast react on the remote input. After around some 20 seconds the reactions on the remote is fast again. What is the CPU governor on the Wetek in your image and is it changeable? Maybe if I set there a higher CPU governor it will react immediately....

Thanks for your great Image and the great support here :)

Edited once, last by vlaves (January 29, 2017 at 11:03 PM).

• Thanks for the update 7.90.beta4a.

Although someone reports that even with TEMP sensor enabled version the box that used to freeze will not getting freeze anymore.

But on my MK808b Pro it get freeze/struck at boot the first time after successfully updated to 7.90.beta4a (TEMP enabled).

I then reinstalled with 7.90.beta4a TEMP disabled version and now it's all good, even better actually.
    I feel Wifi seems to improve (my network Emby library loads faster a little bit.)

And no freeze/struck detected at all with almost 10 times reboot. :D

Edited once, last by pawnthep (January 30, 2017 at 1:06 AM).

• I installed beta4.
    I think I have a refresh rate problem, the screen freezes for an instant every 6-8 seconds.
    Watching a h264 HD episode.

My tv box is a A95X 2gb ram
    Using 1080p 60fps

If I lower the fps it freezes more often.

Thank you in advance

• I have uploaded 7.90.beta4a build where I tried to solve non-working ioctls for DVB tuners. Please test this and report.

I have also updated addons repo with the latest versions from upstream libreelec-8.0 branch.

Tested and working OK on a T95N (S905/2GB/8GB) with a external USB tuner (RTL2832) and tvheadend. Problems have now dissapeared.
    As always, thanks a lot for your huge work.

Greetings,

My dear Kszaq brother; Do I mean IOCTLS Conditional Access (CI) unit?

Respects...

• Hello,

First of all, great work! I'm using Beta 3 on a cheap NPET S905X Smart TV Box : Amazon.co.uk: Welcome and everything is working fine, including truehd/dts-hd passthrough.

However, while I can see and use bluetooth in Android, I'm finding "Bluetooth is disabled" here and I cannot see a way to enable it. If I go into LibreElec settings, I cannot see Bluetooth either.
    Does it mean that my bluetooth chipset is not supported?
    What information would you need to have a look into it (dmesg, lsusb or ? )?
    I do remember that lsusb didn't provide any interesting output, three devices which are the USB hubs and my keyboard/mouse dongle.
    Dmesg showed the bluetooth modules software components and I didn't see the related hardware but I'm new to Amlogic hardware, so maybe I missed something.

Thank you in advance!