[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Luckily H.264 10bit is rare. It's also clear that this is a hardware limitation.

Have seen H.265 10bit Never come across H264 10bit
    [hr]

The problem is, although Hi10p has always been in the H264 specs, since no one uses it in the commercial space, hardware manufacturers never implemented it.
    Why would they build hardware specs no one uses?

H264 Hi10p is to my understanding mostly used for anime. Or at least some subbing groupe used it.
    Why? because it reduces encoding banding , and anime encoding is very prone to banding.

But since these applications are not commercial ones or are even labeled as illegal ones, why would they now create hardware decoding for that purpose?

Well done. :)

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 26, 2017 at 12:50 PM).

• Contrast level jumps up from 46 to 50 each time i switch from live tv channel to video and back. I believe it has something to do with H264 HW acceleration. Turning it off solves the problem.

• I want Kodi to use this space to download media files but couldn't locate it from Kodi , I have 32 gb card and using only 1gb for Kodi.

Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about this, but if no one comes back with anything, stick the sd card into a pc & use Gparted to partiton the card.

• MXQ PRO 4K S905X - 7.90.beta3 (2017-01-20)

* Working on SD card and NAND
    * Power on/off with remote working
    * Suspend working off/on
    * Wifi, ethernet working
    * Videos 24p working smooth

My third luck, because this is my third device and finally everything works :)

Thanks Kszaq for all you've done :)

• Is it possible to raise the buffer size?

4k is playing fine on my 2GB S905X box but the playback pauses sometimes while playing high bitrate MKV files and starts with filling up the buffer again.
    I'll guess the 100 Mbit LAN is a bottleneck but at least the 2GB RAM boxes should have enough space to bridge this bitrate peaks.

• Is it possible to raise the buffer size?

4k is playing fine on my 2GB S905X box but the playback pauses sometimes while playing high bitrate MKV files and starts with filling up the buffer again.
    I'll guess the 100 Mbit LAN is a bottleneck but at least the 2GB RAM boxes should have enough space to bridge this bitrate peaks.

You could try something like this in the advancedsettings.xml
    [code=php]
    <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>278921216</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>
    [/php]
    And see if that helps