[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Luckily H.264 10bit is rare. It's also clear that this is a hardware limitation.

Have seen H.265 10bit Never come across H264 10bit
    [hr]

Well done. :)

Edited once, last by kostaman ().

• H.265 10bit is probably going to be used in 4K TV signal so support for it is expected.

H.264 10bit is almost extinct.

Running kszaq's LibreELEC 8.2.2.3 and adamg's LibreELEC 9.x 1.0.6 on Cooleme MB1 (S905X - 2GB/8GB)

• Contrast level jumps up from 46 to 50 each time i switch from live tv channel to video and back. I believe it has something to do with H264 HW acceleration. Turning it off solves the problem.

• you can use smb no?

I want Kodi to use this space to download media files but couldn't locate it from Kodi , I have 32 gb card and using only 1gb for Kodi.

Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I'm not sure about this, but if no one comes back with anything, stick the sd card into a pc & use Gparted to partiton the card.

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• I'm not sure about this, but if no one comes back with anything, stick the sd card into a pc & use Gparted to partiton the card.

Will LE still work after the partition?

• How to access partitioned storage in SD card to store downloaded media from Kodi ?
    Please help

How did you partition the SD card anyway? As far as I know, LE uses all the available space to create Storage.

Running kszaq's LibreELEC 8.2.2.3 and adamg's LibreELEC 9.x 1.0.6 on Cooleme MB1 (S905X - 2GB/8GB)

• How did you partition the SD card anyway? As far as I know, LE uses all the available space to create Storage.

Yes exactly and that's the reason I want to access the LE created partition from Kodi on LE

• Yes exactly and that's the reason I want to access the LE created partition from Kodi on LE

Unless I'm missing something, that should be easily done with Kodi's File Manager.

• I was not able to access the partition created by LE when making the sd card

That's weird... i know some addons have trouble with storage folders but LE itself should be able to access them

• MXQ PRO 4K S905X - 7.90.beta3 (2017-01-20)

* Working on SD card and NAND
    * Power on/off with remote working
    * Suspend working off/on
    * Wifi, ethernet working
    * Videos 24p working smooth

My third luck, because this is my third device and finally everything works :)

Thanks Kszaq for all you've done :)

• Is it possible to raise the buffer size?

4k is playing fine on my 2GB S905X box but the playback pauses sometimes while playing high bitrate MKV files and starts with filling up the buffer again.
    I'll guess the 100 Mbit LAN is a bottleneck but at least the 2GB RAM boxes should have enough space to bridge this bitrate peaks.

• Is it possible to raise the buffer size?

4k is playing fine on my 2GB S905X box but the playback pauses sometimes while playing high bitrate MKV files and starts with filling up the buffer again.
    I'll guess the 100 Mbit LAN is a bottleneck but at least the 2GB RAM boxes should have enough space to bridge this bitrate peaks.

You could try something like this in the advancedsettings.xml
    [code=php]
    <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>278921216</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>
    [/php]
    And see if that helps