[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hello.
    I'm trying the 8.0-7.90 beta2 and movie playback 1080p h264 24Hz I see micro shots. With HEVC rather better. I'm playing movies from the local network cable .
    To you going?

Edited once, last by dibotto (January 18, 2017 at 5:38 PM).

• I manage addons for these builds.

But I think it works that way: Kodi updates addon version -> LE updates addon -> I fetch and recompile.

That's a looong way. Kodi 18. I think I'll try to push that commit to Krypton. :-/

Or is there a way to compile that plugin myself?

• Hello to everyone!
    Is it posible to run entware-ng there?

May be some or something can help?
    ln -s /storage/entware /opt

I have S905X V88Pro, and I want to run asterisk on it.

• Hello to everyone!
    Is it posible to run entware-ng there?

May be some or something can help?
    ln -s /storage/entware /opt

I have S905X V88Pro, and I want to run asterisk on it.

There's "Just Enough OS" to run KODI. Try installing ubuntu. If you manage that you can do anything.

Edited once, last by Gregoir3 (January 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM).

• Temp Sensor Disabled is for the S905 Chip boxes that freeze on bootup.
    You have a S905x so no need to use that version.

Thanks for the reply, i'm going to install tonight and will report for any issues.
    Appreciate everyone on the support for this community.

• Temp Sensor Disabled is for the S905 Chip boxes that freeze on bootup.
    You have a S905x so no need to use that version.

S905X is also affected #102, so not quite as 'black and white' as that ;)

Just install the normal build and if you get any issues with boot freezes, then try the temp-sensor-disabled version

Edited once, last by Poida (January 20, 2017 at 12:16 AM).

• "fixed non-working factory remote buttons by reverting an upstream patch"

This seems to have broken my remote (?)
    In "beta1", the number buttons worked - as in, I could use them to type letters (the good old "Nokia" way), or cycle through the letters to type a number (example: a->b->c->2->A->B->C). Now it'll only type numbers. Been using the right .dtb all along. Any help and/or fix would be much appreciated. :)

• Beta3 build uploaded with minor improvements. :)
    [hr]

"fixed non-working factory remote buttons by reverting an upstream patch"

This seems to have broken my remote (?)
    In "beta1", the number buttons worked - as in, I could use them to type letters (the good old "Nokia" way), or cycle through the letters to type a number (example: a->b->c->2->A->B->C). Now it'll only type numbers. Been using the right .dtb all along. Any help and/or fix would be much appreciated. :)

You can create an udev rule with the entry I reverted: Revert "eventlircd: Fix missing buttons with WP2 remote" · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@5ea53ba · GitHub

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 20, 2017 at 3:19 PM).

• I pondered a workaround for the too dark GUI on non HDR-TVs a couple of pages back. Thanks to the people that offered advice. I have decided to make a mini-tut out of my journey so others can benefit as well. It works perfectly for me!
    [hr]
    well almost, as all the intro videos I like, even after recoding don't play their full length with hardware acceleration. nothing to do with them being used as intro, same problem when played from file browser.
    I made a log.
    [hr]
    thanks kszaq for new build, will test.

• Hi, i have some trouble with 4k 10bit HEVC playback. video´s lag/hang like hell from my cif share.bitrate is 60-70mbit.
    i use a s905x 2GB ram player with only 100Mbit lan. playback from usb drive works perfekt.
    monitor the usb drive traffic with iostat show me 7-9.1MB/s on playback.
    scp copy speed from/to box over ssh are 11.x MB/s

cif maybe the problem , better change to nfs ?
    anyone have some hints for me . maybe enlarge some buffers ? thx

by the way: thx to kszaq for his work ;)

• Hi kszaq,
    I also did a quick test with beta 3 on my MiniMXIII II. Audio bluetooth works!
    Thanks! Fantastic! Found out I can't use cec (not a bug, but normal consequence) anymore if I do so back to HDMI.

Thank you very much for your effort!