[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• GeToChKn  art.sormy I have already figured that boot logs won't help as there is no error indication. I know that from users' logs from my Jarvis build which has the same boot issues. I will start posting test images today reverting kernel commits one by one and maybe we will be able to track the bug that way. Meanwhile I still hope Minix will share their patch for Minix U1 that addressed this issue.

• hi kszaq! thanks again for the great work!! Just wanted to report that i own a Beelink MXIII II 2gb/16gb and on this alpha version there is no HDR support. I have tested a few videos HEVC 3840x2160p at 60fps & 24fps and the HDR is not initiated on my TV. HDR works great though on 7.0.3.11 version.
    Also, i dont know if it helps, but i have reverted back to my stock android rom and i have installed Kodi 17.0 beta apk and the HDR was functioning properly. All files were playing fine. I have flashed back Libreelec 7.0.3.11 though cause i hate android :)

Edited once, last by kakoskm (January 2, 2017 at 9:05 AM).

• It's including afl1 drivers for kii pro?.

No, because he hasn't published them. Even when he does, I can't guarantee I will include them, I will need to see if they are compatible with the rest of drivers.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 2, 2017 at 11:38 AM).

• No, because he hasn't published them. Even when he does, I can't guarantee I will include them, I will need to see if they are compatible with the rest of drivers.

Internal driver is copyrighted (no public) and also it is incompatible with media_build option.

• I upgraded from 7.x to this with the same dtb file. All is fine for me with ram size.

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

Renamed your file to dtb.img and replaced old one on a memory card and boot does not pass..
    Box boot up with dtb.img that comes with 7.03.011 version and shows 823MB of memory in Kodi System info.
    I am pretty sure that box have 2GB of RAM. I take this pictures of board inside.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

Edited once, last by pizzonia (January 2, 2017 at 7:09 PM).

• kszaq as always thanks for all your efforts.

Have you been able to find out if the "greyed out black color" can be modified in any way from the configuration?

Also a question if there's anyone out there with a Wetek HUB and an amlogic generic box, can you check if the color output of both devices is the same?

I am a bit surprise that no more people have noticed the issue. (And it's making me crazy because everything else works perfectly with the device).

Regards

• kino13 This seems to be an issue with HDR TVs, I don't see it. And the issue is present only with S905X because S905 doesn't have HDR output.

kszaq, how about wetek play2 dvb drivers? Is possible to include them in your build?
    Pozdro

We're evaluating if WP2 DVB drivers can be used along with media_build drivers but don't get your hopes high for the moment. Meanwhile you can use Raybuntu's build from WeTek forum.

• kino13 This seems to be an issue with HDR TVs, I don't see it. And the issue is present only with S905X because S905 doesn't have HDR output.

Well, the box is a s905 and the TV is a samsung 6200 with no HDR. The HDMI cable has been tested, and I have an intel player next to this one (not capable of x265, main reason for the s905), with much deeper blacks. I have also an Rpi3 in another room/tv that I have tried with the same result as the intel.

It's ok, maybe it's an issue of my cheapo chinese box.

Thanks!

• Well, the box is a s905 and the TV is a samsung 6200 with no HDR. The HDMI cable has been tested, and I have an intel player next to this one (not capable of x265, main reason for the s905), with much deeper blacks. I have also an Rpi3 in another room/tv that I have tried with the same result as the intel.

It's ok, maybe it's an issue of my cheapo chinese box.

Thanks!

does your TV have a "black level" setting or something like it? maybe your intel box outputs RGB and amlogic outputs ycbcr by default (not sure if and how it can be switched).
    outputting video levels when the TV expects full range RGB causes grey blacks (and not quite as white whites).

• does your TV have a "black level" setting or something like it? maybe your intel box outputs RGB and amlogic outputs ycbcr by default (not sure if and how it can be switched).
    outputting video levels when the TV expects full range RGB causes grey blacks (and not quite as white whites).

Ok, I started over from scratch. I reseted all the settings in the tv and went option by option. There is in fact an option in Menu>Picture>Picture Options>HDMI Black level, if I put it to "Low", it has a dramatic effect on the display.

The option is not available with all the picture modes.

I hope this helps if someone else has a similar model of tv.

Now that the tv is perfect, let's try this with a projector...

Thanks juramusger! And thanks kszaq for converting our cheapo shitty boxes into outstanding players.

• I've been running the 23-12-2016 build for a few days now without major problems. Even VC-1 plays fine, even though I cannot test it thoroughly because of limited number of VC-1 videos in my library.

There is one peculiar problem with .srt subtitles though. It is something similar to the bug reported in posts #328 and #329. These subtitles sometimes appear garbled, with bits of the letters missing. It is not a regular phenomenon, the same subtitle that played fine one day, it is unreadable the next day. Also it doesn't happen in the same degree. Sometimes the subtitles are just rough around the edges and other times, as I said, they're unreadable.

This problem appears mostly with BBC iPlayer downloads (720p, 50fps H264 files) and only with HW acceleration enabled.

Here is a log: R1eMASm8
    This log is from a session with normal more or less subtitles. Unfortunately, I didn't keep a log from a session with unreadable subtitles.

Any insight on this?